DoNotPay Breaks Down the Saudi Arabia Tourist Visa Application
From pristine desert landscapes to azure beaches—Saudi Arabia is full of wonders. Pilgrim, heritage, and entertainment sites are huge crowd-pullers for the country as well!
Despite having multiple tourist attractions, the country’s visa policy can be frustrating. The Saudi Arabia tourist visa application process has seen significant changes recently, which confused potential tourists to no end.
If visa troubles are keeping you from visiting Saudi Arabia, turn to us for help! Our Tourist Visa Guide product offers crucial support to steer visa applications towards success. Sign up for DoNotPay and march closer to your travel dreams!
Being an oil-powered economy, Saudi Arabia neglected its tourism appeal for a long time. It was only in October 2019 that the country launched an e-visa portal to issue tourist visas and allow citizens from 49 countries to make recreational trips to Saudi Arabia!
Apart from launching the new visa portal, the authorities also exempted five countries from visa requirements—Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, and United Arab Emirates. Citizens of other countries need to apply for a tourist visa.
Citizens with a U.S. passport can apply for a Saudi Arabia tourist visa only if their passport has a six-month validity beyond their intended date of travel.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) recommend you to be vaccinated for the following diseases before traveling to Saudi Arabia:
- Hepatitis A and B
- Yellow fever
The authorities may make certain vaccines mandatory depending on your travel itinerary.
Saudi Arabia may ban people with criminal or bad credit histories from applying for a visa.
You can apply for a tourist visa in four different ways. They are:
- Applying online for an e-visa through Saudi Arabia’s official portal
- Visiting the Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to place an in-person application
- Mailing the application to the Embassy’s address: 601 New Hampshire Avenue, NW, Washington DC, 20037
- Applying through an embassy-authorized travel agency
As physical offices shut down during the pandemic, the online e-visa portal emerged as the most preferred mode of application for U.S. tourists.
Whether your application is physical or online, you must attach the following documents with your form:
- A copy of your passport
- Recent passport size photographs
- Health insurance (purchased from Saudi Arabia)
- Entry and exit travel tickets
- Proof of solvency through bank statements
- Details of accommodation in Saudi Arabia
- Personal ID information
- Residential address in the U.S.
- Proof of employment
This list is not final as the documentation requirements may change at any time.
We have compiled this table to help you understand some crucial features of Saudi Arabia tourist visas:
|Tourist visa fee||
|Processing time||About three to five business days once your application passes the verification stage|
While a printed e-visa is already accepted in Saudi Arabia, you can opt for collecting a traditional visa upon entering the country.
Your visa will be issued from either of the following places:
- Al Bathaa Land Port
- King Khalid International Airport (Riyadh)
- King Abdul-Aziz International Airport (Jeddah)
- Prince Mohammed bin Abdul-Aziz International Airport (Madinah)
- King Fahad International Airport (Dammam)
- King Fahad Causeway
No, you must apply for a separate Hajj visa through a travel agency authorized by the Embassy.
You need to be careful as several fake visa application scams have occurred due to the popularity of religious tourism in Saudi Arabia.
The worst part about Saudi Arabia’s tourist visa application is the non-refundable fees. Don’t waste your valuable time and resources when DoNotPay can assist you along the way! Our Tourist Visa Guide tool is a one-stop solution to all your visa woes.
DoNotPay uses an AI-driven mechanism to assess your visa needs for any travel destination. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account and go to Tourist Visa Guide
- Confirm that you have a valid U.S. passport
- Enter the name of the country you wish to travel to
Our app will instantly tell you:
- Whether the country allows visa-free entry to U.S. citizens
- If the country doesn’t allow visa-free travel, we will give you a list of the documents necessary to apply for a tourist visa
As Saudi Arabia is not a visa-exempt destination for U.S. citizens, DoNotPay will help you apply for a tourist visa in an error-free manner.
Interact with our chatbot to get assistance with every step of the application process. Our app can:
- Generate a country-specific procedural instruction manual to guide you
- Create and print passport size photos as per visa guidelines
- Get you a downloadable PDF application form
- Contact any embassy for you if you seek to mail the physical application
- Protect you from scammers by guiding you to to the right government portal for online applications
DoNotPay will make sure your visa application is processed in the quickest way possible!
The Arabian Peninsula is enchanting on so many levels! Check out our visa application guides for other gulf countries in this table below:
|United Arab Emirates||Oman||Cyprus|
The primary purpose of our app is to provide you with practical tools that can speed up all the drawn-out tasks you must complete. All you need to do is choose a suitable feature from our offer and get your problems solved in a heartbeat!
Once you create an account with DoNotPay, you can:
If you are being stalked by somebody or discriminated against at work, we will do our best to help you fight for justice and report the case accordingly! We will also safeguard your creative work from copyright violation and ask for violent crime compensation on your behalf.