How to Claim the Sara Lee Recall on Your Frozen Goods Easily
In early May of 2021, the FDA released a recall on Sara Lee, Chef Pierre, and Devonshire pecan pies produced between March 4 and April 1, 2021. Sara Lee Frozen Bakery announced that the product potentially contained undeclared peanuts, which could be hazardous to anyone with peanut allergies if they consumed the pie.
If you believe you have potentially purchased or consumed products from the , you must file a claim as soon as possible. If you have not consumed the products to date, it's up to you to properly dispose of the item(s) and check with the location you purchased from regarding a refund.
This process may not be a quick and easy claim and requires proof of purchase and additional documentation to receive a refund. In many cases, you will likely have to drive to the location you purchased the items from and spend a little time reviewing the recall with management to submit a claim. Depending on an individual retailer's policies, you may not receive a refund immediately.
If you don't have the time or patience to file a claim in person, DoNotPay can assist in locating recalled products and filing a claim.
Who Is Eligible for the Sara Lee Recall?
In the Sara Lee Frozen Bakery recall, 5 products were considered to be potentially contaminated with peanuts. Anyone that purchased a pecan pie with the following lot codes or unit UPC 's is eligible for a recall refund.
|Sara Lee Individually Wrapped 4-ounce Pecan Pie slices, 24-count||SKU #5117 produced on March 5, 2021, marked with lot code #C050641C and unit UPC 032100051118|
|Sara Lee Individually Wrapped 4-ounce Pecan Pie slices, 48-count||SKU #7144 produced on March 4 and March 11, 2021, marked with lot codes #C050631C and #C050701C with unit UPC 032100051118|
|Chef Pierre 10" Pre-Baked Southern Pecan Pie, 36-ounce||SKU #9273 produced on March 4, 2021, marked with lot code #C040631C and unit UPC 032100092739|
|Chef Pierre 10" Pre-Baked 10-Slice Pecan Pie, 36-ounce||SKU #9375 produced on April 1, 2021, marked with lot code #C050911C with unit UPC 032100093750|
|Devonshire Bake Shop 10" Pre-Baked Southern Style Pecan Pie, 36-ounce||SKU #8994 produced on April 1, 2021, marked with lot code #C040911C and unit UPC 758108399877|
How Do I Make a Claim?
If you believe you purchased a Sara Lee product that falls under the recall timeline, return to the place where you purchased the item to report your claim and discuss a refund.
When you go to file your claim be sure you:
- Return with the receipt from the time of purchase
- Bring the item itself, the packaging it was in, or a clear picture to confirm the lot code and UPC
- If the retailer confirms the lot code and UPC falls under the recalled items you can request a refund and ask that the product be disposed of properly if not already disposed of.
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotPay's Product Recall Monitor
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to email@example.com. Set up auto-forwarding to make it easier.
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims Product Works
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, whether you're asking for a:
You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
What Other Product Recalls Can DoNotPay Can Help With?
Do you have another product you believe may be considered a recalled item in your state or California? DoNotPay can help! Check below for a few of the products (aside from ) that DoNotPay can submit recall claims for:
- Hot Pockets
- Dog food
- Tyson Chicken
- Neutrogena sunscreen and other kinds of sunscreen
- Philips CPAP