File a Report With Sangamon County Animal Control

Animal Control File a Report With Sangamon County Animal Control

How to Contact Sangamon County Animal Control

Animal bites are taken very seriously in Sangamon County, IL. There are strict regulations regarding pet owner responsibility and an ongoing effort to control the spread of rabies in the area. If you have encountered a wild animal acting aggressively or have been bit by someone's dog, you may need to file a report with Sangamon County animal control.

DoNotPay can help you file an animal control report or, if necessary, sue a dog owner to cover the medical bills after an aggressive dog bite.

About Sangamon County Animal Control Center

In Sangamon County, the Animal Control center is an extension of the Department of Public Health. They handle lost and found pets, pet adoptions and take direct responsibility for "impounding animals found to violate those ordinances; investigating bite incidents; investigating the inhumane treatment of animals and investigating domestic livestock injury claims." according to their website page.

The Sangamon County Animal Control center is also acutely interested in helping locals control the spread of rabies. This means receiving reports on animal bites infected on both people and pets.

  1. Animal Registration
  2. Rabies Control
  3. Report Animal Bites
  4. Animal Abuse Rescue
  5. Pet Adoptions
  6. Lost and Found Pets
  7. Pet Care Tips
  8. Microchips
  9. Spay/Neuter

The Sangamon County Animal Control Center Location, Hours, and Contact Details

Sangamon County animal control office expects you to call them on the phone if you need to file a report or request assistance. There is an office-hours number and an after-hours number, with animal control officers available during daylight hours except for Sunday.

Address2100 Shale St., Springfield, IL 62703
HoursMon-Fri: 10:30 AM to 4:15 PM

Sat: 10:30 AM to 12:45 PM

Officer Hours: Mon-Sat 8 AM to 6:30 PM

Phone NumberGeneral: 217-535-3065

Emergency and After-Hours: 217-753-6666

WebsiteSangamon County Animal Control

If you are uncomfortable making a phone call or don't have time, report online through DoNotPay instead.

How to Deal With an Out-Of-Control Animal in Sangamon County on Your Own

Every animal encounter is unique, and it's important to know the following steps to take if you are injured or menaced by a dangerous animal.

Secure Your Safety

Ensure you and others get a safe distance away from the dangerous animal. Safety is the most critical priority. Call for medical assistance and only seek to collect information about the animal, owner, or scene details.

Report a Dangerous or Loose Animal

If there is a dangerous dog or wild animal on the loose, call 911 or dial animal control on the phone for an immediate response. The officers will try to subdue or confine the dangerous animal humanely to restore regional safety.

Sue the Owner of an Animal That Causes Injury

If someone’s dog injures you, they are responsible for your medical costs through liability insurance. You can sue for a dog bite without the help of a dog bite lawyer by working with DoNotPay instead.

Report Incidents of Animal Abuse or Neglect

If you witness or suspect animal abuse, report it to animal control to rescue the animal and prevent future dangerous incidents of abuse-aggression.

Handling a Sangamon County Animal Control Issue With the Help Of DoNotPay

Not everyone is comfortable or can call Sangamon County animal control after a dangerous incident with an animal. It can be challenging to handle the aftermath of a dog bite or a traumatic animal experience. This is why DoNotPay is here to make the next steps as easy for you as possible.

Suppose you need to file an animal control report for a dangerous or abused animal. In that case, DoNotPay can turn your online description of the event into an official report on your behalf. DoNotPay can help you file the correct lawsuit without stress, drama, or hassle if you need to cover your medical bills through a settlement with the dog owner. Let us take care of the paperwork to focus on recovering from the incident.

How to Report an Animal-Related Incident On DoNotPay:

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


And that's it. DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details. You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

Contact Animal Control or Claim Compensation Anywhere in the US

DoNotPay can help you with an animal control or dog bite lawsuit issue anywhere in the country. Whether you have been attacked outside of Sangamon County or know someone who has, we can help you file the necessary reports and legal documents.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?


No one should have to deal with the aftermath of an animal attack alone. DoNotPay can help you file the necessary reports and lawsuits to focus on recovery. 

Want your issue solved now?