How to Connect With San Quentin State Prison Inmates
Opened in 1852, San Quentin State Prison, SQSP, is California's oldest prison. Many high-profile inmates have been housed at the facility, including Charles Manson and Al Capone. This article discusses the different methods of connecting with an inmate serving time at SQSP. Inmates are encouraged to maintain contact with friends and family for more successful reintegration upon release. Following all of the rules and regulations can make connecting with an inmate difficult.
This article will introduce you to a product that makes connecting with inmates as easy as sending an email. Check out these other product series from DoNotPay and start saving time and money today.
- Clinical Trials
- Burner Phones
- Credit Cards
- Traffic Tickets
- Customer Service
- Small Claims Court
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Help with Bills
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Spam Collector
Where Is SQSP Located?
San Quentin State Prison is located on 432 acres of land and sits just 12 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Until 1933, the facility housed both male and female inmates. Now it holds 6,000 male inmates whose security levels range from minimum to maximum security. The prison holds the state's only gas chamber as well as the state's death row inmates.
|Address||Main Street, San Quentin, CA 94964|
Connecting With Inmates Of SQSP
Before you can connect with inmates at SQSP, you will need to determine if the facility is the one the inmate is at and you need to know their California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) number. Here is how to find out.
- Go online to the CDCR Facility Locator website.
- This site allows you to search all adult and juvenile correctional facilities, institutions, and conservation camps owned by and located in the state of California.
- If the inmate is at a federal facility, you will have to check the federal inmate facility search website.
- Once you have located the inmate, do not forget to make a note of their CDCR number.
Inmates located at SQSP are allowed to make phone calls, but they cannot receive them. All calls must be prepaid or billed collect. To set up a prepaid account so that the inmate can call, you can visit the GTL Connect Network website, or you can call them at 1(888)415-0377. Inmate calls are limited to 15 minutes.
Inmates at SQSP can send and receive mail, but not stamps, stationery, envelopes, food, cash, or other items. Letters are allowed up to 10 pages and photos up to 8x10, but no Polaroid or instant pictures, and all mail will be opened, inspected, and read if necessary. The envelope must include the full return address, the inmate's name, and CDCR number. Mail should never include stickers, glitter, lipstick, perfume, or any other substance.
Inmate Name, CDCR Number
Housing Assignment, San Quentin State Prison
San Quentin, CA 94974
SQSP visitation is currently only allowed for inmates who have been fully vaccinated or who have a legitimate religious reason not to. Visitation will take place by appointment only with up to three approved visitors. Contact the facility for more information.
Sending Money to an Inmate At SQSP
You must fill out a deposit slip, available online. A deposit slip must be sent along with a check, money order, or cashier's check made payable to JPay. The JPay PO Box address is listed on the deposit slip. Be sure to include the inmate's name and CDCR number in the memo field.
You can deposit money online by going to the Access Secure Deposits website or the JPay website.
Use DoNotPay to Connect With an SQSP Inmate at SQSP
This product handles three different tasks that will allow you to Connect With An Inmate as easily as sending an email.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive for your loved one!
Locate Inmates In Any State or Facility
All of the products from DoNotPay work across any state and at any location. The Connect With An Inmate product saves you the search across multiple websites or facilities to locate the inmate you wish to connect with. Let DoNotPay show you a better way to Connect with An Inmate quickly, easily, and successfully. Then check out these other articles in the Connect With An Inmate product series.
- Writing Letters To Inmates
- Prison Pen Pals
- Write A Prisoner
- Inmate Visitation
- How To Address A Letter To An Inmate
What Else DoNotPay Can Do
The products DoNotpay offers can save you time and money on all of the tasks that you have procrastinated for way too long. If there is a difficult or time-consuming task on your to-do list you just can't seem to do, the chances are good that DoNotPay has a product for that.
- Free Trials
- Stalking and Harassment
- Parking Tickets
- DMV Appointments
- Robocall Compensation
- Speeding Tickets
- How To Cancel
- Missing Money
- Copyright Protection
- Text Spam