How to Easily Obtain Your San Bernardino County Marriage Certificate
If you were married in San Bernardino County, California, there are many reasons why you might need a copy of your marriage certificate. Certified copies of marriage certificates are often required for a couple to open a bank account, obtain a loan or mortgage, obtain health insurance benefits, or even change their last name. Individuals can obtain a certified copy of their marriage certificate through the San Bernardino County Clerk's Office. Unfortunately, this process is often time-consuming. Luckily, DoNotPay's Marriage Certificates product can save you some time by providing you the means to digitally apply for .
Who Can Obtain a San Bernardino County Marriage Certificate?
Like other places, marriage records in San Bernardino County are public information. However, to obtain a certified copy of the marriage certificate, you must be either:
- One of the parties to the marriage, OR
- A person who is authorized to obtain the certified copy, including family members of one of the parties, law enforcement, or other government agencies conducting official business, or an attorney for the registrant's estate.
The Process of Obtaining a Certified Marriage Certificate in San Bernardino County
There are two ways of obtaining a -- in person, and by mail. Here is a look at both of those methods.
- In-person: Applicants are asked to download and complete the online application, and then schedule a time to visit the clerk's office in San Bernardino or Hesperia to pay for and obtain the certificate. It should be noted that payment must be made by cash, check, postal or bank money order, or by cashier's check. Additionally, photo identification must be provided to verify identity.
- By mail: Applicants should download, print, and complete the online application. The application must then be notarized and mailed along with payment in check or money order to their mailing address.
|Bernardino County Online||Send an application online|
|Bernardino Count Phone Number||(909) 387-8306|
|Bernardino Count Mailing Address||County Clerk, 222 W. Hospitality Lane-1st Floor, San Bernardino, CA 92415-0022|
How Much It Costs to Obtain a Certified Copy of a Marriage Certificate
To obtain a certified copy of your marriage certificate, you must pay $32.
The Difference Between an Informational Certificate and a Certified Copy
An informational marriage certificate does not require notarization and only contains public information about the marriage and can be obtained by anyone who wishes to have this information. However, if you need the certificate to prove your identity, you will want to request a certified copy.
The Problems Commonly Experienced With Obtaining a Marriage Certificate
Several problems are commonly experienced when attempting to obtain a San Bernardino County marriage certificate, including:
- Having to find a notary
- Not being able to use a credit card for payment
- Work and other scheduling conflicts make it difficult to make an appointment when the clerk's office is open
How DoNotPay Can Help You Obtain Your Marriage Certificate
While obtaining a certified copy of your marriage certificate can be difficult, DoNotPay's Marriage Certificates product makes it easier by providing you the means to digitally apply for your marriage certificate. By obtaining the answers to a few questions to find your marriage certificate and verify your identity, we can mail the request to the county clerk's office on your behalf and even cover the application fee. Additionally, our notary product can help you find a notary in your area to complete that part of the process.
How It Works
Easily obtain your marriage certificate by following these seven steps.
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
That's it! We will generate your request and help connect you to a notary in your area.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is a great resource for obtaining a certified copy of your San Bernardino marriage certificate. But that's not all we do. Take a look at the links below to learn more about the other tasks where we can help save time and effort.
- Write a Defamation Demand Letter
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Easily Obtain Chargebacks and Refunds
- Child Travel Consent
- Cancel Subscriptions and Services
- Create Passport Photos
If you want to know more about all the ways DoNotPay can help you with the tasks of life, sign up or sign in today.