Create Without Limits by Getting Your San Bernardino County Building Permits With DoNotPay
Whether you're making an addition to an existing structure or building something from the ground up, you might need a permit to get started. As troublesome as they might be, building permits exist to make sure the project someone is working on won't cause serious harm to them or the people around them. That's why DoNotPay makes it easy to get , so you can work safely and legally without the fuss of all that red tape.
When Is a Building Permit Necessary in San Bernardino County?
Various construction and building jobs will require a . The San Bernardino County website lists these structures as requiring a permit to build:
- New Buildings and Structures greater than 120 square feet
- Roof and Ground Mount Solar Installation
- Patio Covers (Solid and Lattice)
- Enclosed Patios
- Electric Charging Station
- Additions and Alterations
- Pools and Spas
- Carports, Garages, and Barns
- Fences/Block Walls over 6 ft. in height
- Retaining Walls over 4 ft. in height, measured from the bottom of footing or any retaining wall supporting a surcharge
- Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical and Structural Repairs
- Temporary structures such as a modular unit, recreational vehicle/trailer
- Onsite Grading (cut & fill) of 100 cubic yards or more
- Erosion Control
- Wall or Monument Signs
Various other jobs might also require a permit as decided by city officials.
How to Get a Building Permit on Your Own in San Bernardino County
The process for getting a building permit on your own isn't hard to find, but you'll quickly learn it's a bit tedious. There's a lot of work that goes into just being allowed to work, which is why most professionals consider it the worst part of any job. If you'd rather avoid all of this, using DoNotPay is your best bet for getting permits without all the extra hassle.
If you want to try for yourself, though, you can use these methods:
- Log in to the EZOP website or create an account if you're new to it.
- Choose the type of application you need (Planning, Fire, Building, Enforcement, or Public Works).
- Select and fill out the application you choose.
- Provide the required documentation (proof of ownership, proof of transfer, proof of licensing, etc.).
- Wait for approval.
- Pay the fees and get your permit.
- Head to the County Government Center at 385 N. Arrowhead Ave., San Bernardino, CA 92415.
- Ask for the type of permit you want from an available clerk.
- Fill out the paperwork.
- Provide the required documentation (proof of ownership, proof of transfer, proof of licensing, etc.). Make sure you have it before you head all the way down there, otherwise you'll have to run home to get your things before you can turn in the application.
- Turn in the application and wait for the approval.
- Once you've been approved, return to the Center and pay your permit fees (you might also have the option to pay by mail or online).
What Fees Are Associated With Getting a Permit?
Getting your building permit isn't free. Given how many factors go into determining the price of a permit, it can be hard to give a definitive answer as to how much one would cost. At least, expect to pay upwards of $100, with bigger jobs costing $1000 or more in fees.
This is just for the basic permit, though. You might also be subject to other fees depending on what kind of structure you're building and where it's being built. Fees for building near a school are common, as are fees related to jobs that risk interfering with the sewer system.
How Can You Get San Bernardino County Building Permits With DoNotPay?
DoNotPay offers a much simpler route to getting your permits compared to doing it yourself. If you're tired of wasting your time filling out paperwork, you can get started getting our help by following these easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
Why Should You Use DoNotPay for San Bernardino County Building Permits?
We've already outlined a number of reasons why you should use us to get your San Bernardino County building permits. If you still need some convincing, though, just consider:
- Our app is easy to navigate and understand.
- Using the app only takes a few minutes from start to finish.
- We'll send out all the necessary documents and such that should get you your permit in no time at all.
DoNotPay Can Get You Permits Anywhere You Need Them
DoNotPay isn't just for San Bernardino County; we work just about anywhere. We'll work with officials in places like Sarasota County, Palm Beach, LA, Chicago, and plenty of other places to get you what you need. If it involves a building permit, we've got your back.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Building permits aren’t all DoNotPay can do. We specialize in a lot of different things, with some of our most helpful services involving:
- Creating standardized legal documents.
- Notarizing your documents.
- Finding ways to reduce property taxes.
- Filing insurance claims.
Whether you need building permits or something else, DoNotPay has your back. Try out the app today and get ready to make life so much easier for yourself.