How to Pull a Salt Lake City Building Permit
As a homeowner, you've likely got a project or two you'd like to get taken care of. But, you can't just take on a home improvement, remodeling, or construction project without guidance. Every aspect of building, altering, and demolishing structures in Utah is guided by the state building code. Salt Lake City requires building permits in order to track construction projects and to ensure they meet the Utah Building Code.
If you've never had a building permit before, it can be a bit of a daunting task. The best advice is to plan ahead and realize you'll be spending some time navigating the application process and waiting for results. That is unless you go the easy route. With DoNotPay, you can pull a quickly and easily so you can get busy on your project.
Projects That Require a Building Permit in Salt Lake City
In Utah, the building code is pretty strict, and just about every project you can imagine undertaking requires a building permit. Examples of the types of projects you need a include:
- New Building Construction
- Home/Building Additions
- Tenant Improvements
- Structural Modifications
- Electrical Installations
- Plumbing Installations
- HVAC Installations
You do not need a building permit for:
- Laying New Flooring
- Cosmetic Improvements
How to Get a Salt Lake City Building Permit Yourself
For the time being, the only way that you can apply for a building permit in Salt Lake City is online. To properly complete the application and to ensure that your permit request is granted, be sure you have the following information ready:
- General Contractor's Contact Info and License Number
- Subcontractor's Contact Information and License Numbers
- Architect's Contact Information
- Property Owner Info
- Property Owner Affidavit
- Two Paper Copies of Your Plans (or a digital copy on CD)
How Much Is a Building Permit for Salt Lake City?
Building permit fees in Salt Lake City are based on the value of the work being proposed. This figure is calculated by the plans examiners who then determine the fee. The amount will depend upon the scale of the work you intend to do to the property and the cost of the project. The lowest amount you can expect to pay for a building permit is $39 for a project that's valued at $500 or less.
What to Do if You Can't Get a Building Permit Yourself
If applying for a building permit doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun, you're right. It's a mundane task that can be a bit of a pain. But, you can't just go ahead with a project without getting building permits. You don't want that kind of problem. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help you pull a building permit in Salt Lake City without a hassle.
Pull a Salt Lake City Building Permit With the Help of DoNotPay
If you're ready to tackle a home improvement project, you want to remodel your home, or it's time to construct something new, don't do a thing until you've secured your building permits.
Apply for and get your building permits in Salt Lake City hassle-free with DoNotPay:
If you want to apply for a building permit, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Apply in minutes and get your building permit in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
Why Use DoNotPay to Pull a Building Permit
Spending time filling out forms to get a building permit isn't as pleasant as it sounds. Some of the questions are confusing and you really don't want to get anything wrong. Otherwise, your project is going to be delayed. With DoNotPay, pulling a building permit is:
|Fast||You don't have to spend hours working on getting a building permit, DoNotPay gets it done in minutes.|
|Easy||There are no tedious forms or difficult processes, just answer a few questions, click and get your permits.|
|Accurate||You can rest assured you've gotten the right building permit for your project and paid the appropriate fees.|
Get a Building Permit in Any City, County, or State With DoNotPay
DoNotPay isn't just useful for homeowners and contractors who need building permits in Salt Lake City. The world's first robot lawyer can help you pull a permit in any state, county, or city with the click of a button. Just a few of the places DoNotPay can pull a permit for you include:
What Other Tasks Can DoNotPay Help Me Do?
You're a busy person and you need to make sure you get as much done every day as possible. But, you can't do everything yourself. Let DoNotPay help you with some of life's mundane tasks so you have time for the things that matter most to you. Just a few of the things DoNotPay can do for you right now include:
- Create Standardized Legal Documents
- Notarize Important Documents from Home
- Negotiate a Lower Property Tax Rate
- File an Insurance Claim with Any Company
Visit DoNotPay to learn more about how you can get legal help without paying lawyer fees. It's fast, easy, convenient, and more affordable than you can imagine.