Connect With Inmates at Rush City Correctional Facility
is not the formal name. It earned the moniker due to the fact that the institution resides in Rush City, Minnesota. The official name of this prison is Minnesota Correctional Facility. It houses inmates up to Level 4 security. It's one of only 10 options in the state.
When you're trying to connect with an inmate, it can be difficult to do so without their ID number. Let DoNotPay help you discover it promptly so you can communicate with your loved one.
More About MCF + Contact Details
Jesse Pugh is the latest acting warden. The facility holds more than 800 inmates at a given time, with the average age range falling between 26 and 45 years. The prison is intended for males over the age of 18.
opened its doors in 2000. It's the newest of the prisons in the state. Below is the contact information of the facility.
|Physical Address||Minnesota Correctional Facility - Rush City
7600 - 525th St.
Rush City, MN 55069
May I Visit an Inmate?
You may visit with an inmate at Rush as long as the county is currently allowing visitation. In instances of widespread illness, the facility will not allow in-person visits. Video visitation may be offered instead.
When in-person visiting is allowed, you can visit the general population on Saturdays and Sundays between 11:15 am and 8:30 pm. You must arrive before the registration desk closes at 7 pm to still get your visit. Restricted housing can receive visits at either 11:30 am, 2:30 pm, or 5:30 pm via teleconference.
You have two methods for scheduling:
- Call - 320-358-0481
- Use the Online Scheduling Solution - No Wait Inside (Please note that this option does not open with an Internet Explorer browser.)
What Other Methods of Communications Can I Use?
You may send mail to an inmate of your choosing, or you can wait for them to contact you on the phone. It may take some time before you're added to their call list, though.
Process for Sending Mail
To send mail, address the envelope to the inmate's legal name that is on file with the Department of Corrections. You must also include their ID number. Then, add the address of the facility. There are a few things you must not include if you want the mail to get delivered. Mailroom staff checks all mail for contraband.
- No inappropriate photos
- No more than 20 photos at one time
- No Polaroid photos if the backing is still attached
- No threatening or violent messages
- No talk of drugs, tobacco, or weapons, and absolutely none of these items actually inside the envelope
Minnesota correctional facilities work with JPay to allow email communications as well. Inmates do not get access to email but instead receive printed copies of the communication sent. This allows you to transmit a letter online and avoid waiting for the snail mail process.
Record a Videogram
JPay now offers an option to send a videogram. This 30-second video that you record may be shown to the inmate if they're allowed to receive this type of communication. Anyone with restrictions or who resides in restrictive housing may not be permitted. The same rules apply to these videos as they do to letters and visitation. Meaning:
- No nudity
- No profanity
- No threats of violence
- No inappropriate talk or behavior
- No smoking or drug use
Simply leave a quick message offering well wishes.
Can I Send Money?
You can send money in the form of a money order or cashier's check. However, you must include the deposit slip when you do. Send it to PO Box 246450, Pembroke Pines, FL 33024. Make sure it is payable to JPay.
You also have the option of setting up a JPay account and using your debit or credit card to add funds that way.
Let DoNotPay Help You Connect
If you're struggling to make a connection, or cannot find the ID number for the person you're trying to reach Rush City Correctional Facility, let DoNotPay help. We'll get you connected with your loved one soon so you can get back in regular communication with them.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Work With DoNotPay for All Your Online Needs
Connecting you with an inmate at is just one of many services DoNotPay provides. We handle a wide variety of online needs, whether you require assistance getting refunds, want to remove repossession from your credit report, or need services such as:
- Improving your mortgage credit score
- Settling a divorce agreement
- Filing a complaint against a company
- Securing a building permit in St. Paul
DoNotPay strives to provide any service you could need to make your life simpler.