How to Stay in Touch with Inmates at SCI Rockview Easily
The U.S. leads the world in incarceration rates, with more of its citizens in jails or prisons than any other country. The vast majority of prisoners have family members and friends outside of the prison who wish to stay in better contact. Unfortunately, connecting with a prisoner through letters is far more difficult than it should be, leaving many of the nation's prisoners waiting for word from their loved ones without any idea of when (or if) their letters will arrive. If you have a loved one at Rockview State Correctional Institution, DoNotPay's Connect With an Inmate can provide you with an easy way to connect, without requiring your to go to the post office or worry that your letter will not arrive.
About Rockview State Correctional Institution
Rockview State Correctional Institution, known as Rockview SCI, was built in Centre County in the early part of the 20th century as an extension of Pennsylvania's Western Penitentiary, which was facing overcrowding. Initially intended to be a maximum security prison, the plans changed early into the facility's life span to become a medium-security prison farm instead.
However, the Commonwealth located its electric chair at the facility and made it the site for the administration of Pennsylvania's death penalty, with the first execution taking place in 1915. Since that time, more than 350 people were executed by electrocution. In 1990, Pennsylvania replaced its electric chair with lethal injection and renovated an old institution hospital to become the facility's new execution complex. Currently, Rockview SCI houses more than 1,700 adult male prisoners in 14 housing units. The prison participates in the Correctional Industries program, enabling inmates to have employment in the facility's wood furniture factory.
How to Send a Letter to a Prisoner at Rockview State Correctional Institution
If you don't prefer visiting an inmate and would like to send a letter to an inmate instead. You can send it to Rockview SCI, you can do so via U.S. Postal Service by sending it to the Inmate's name/ID number; SCI Rockview; Box A; Bellefonte, PA 16823. Packages can also be mailed to this address. Be aware, however, that all packages and correspondence are subject to search by prison staff in order to prevent the introduction of contraband or violations of prison policies regarding prohibited items or information being mailed to inmates.
|Physical Address||1 Rockview Place
Bellefonte, PA 16823
|Mailing Address||Box A
1 Rockview Place
Bellefonte, PA 16823
|Phone Number||(814) 355-4874|
|Website||Rockview State Correctional Institution|
|Inmate Mailing Address||Smart Communications/PADOC
Inmate Name/Inmate Number Institution
PO Box 33028
St Petersburg, FL 33733
The Difficulties People Face When Attempting to Mail a Letter or Package to an Inmate
Traveling to the post office to mail your package or letter seems like an easy enough errand. However, given the busy nature of lives these days, it's an errand that sometimes gets shuffled behind other responsibilities, leaving your loved one waiting. Postal service delays and an increased amount of reports about lost mail are also a stress-point when attempting to connect with an incarcerated loved one. Additionally, if you make a mistake on the address you're sending the letter to, it can result in the letter being rejected. Fortunately, DoNotPay offers a way to easily contact your loved one and ensure they get your letters in a timely fashion.
How to Connect With an Inmate Using DoNotPay
Wouldn't it be nice if you could just text or email your incarcerated loved one? DoNotPay's Connect With an Inmate product makes sending a letter to a prisoner that easy! Simply follow these steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
For an even more personalized experience, take a look at the various letter templates you can choose from, as well as special edition letters for the holidays.
We Also Make It Easier For Your Incarcerated Loved One to Contact You
Just as DoNotPay makes it easier for you to stay in contact with your incarcerated loved one, we also make it easier for them to stay in contact with you by allowing you to set up a virtual mailbox. When your loved one corresponds to you, their letter will be sent to an address where it will be digitized and delivered to your virtual mailbox so you can receive it as soon as possible. We will also forward the physical contents of the mail to you.
Reasons to Use DoNotPay to Help You Connect With an Inmate
Here are the valid reason why DoNotPay has been successful with its continued service:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.
DoNotPay Makes Time-Consuming Tasks a Lot Easier
In addition to helping you stay in contact with friends or family members in prison, DoNotPay offers a number of other services focused on making easy work of life's time-consuming tasks such as:
- Appeal Band Account
- How to fight email spam?
- Learn free trials.
- Learn how to file a complaint.
- Learn item return requests.
Take a look at some of the other things DoNotPay can do:
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Stopping robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
Want to know more about what DoNotPay can do? Sign in or sign up today.