How to Stay Connected With an Inmate at Ridgeland Correctional Institution
Located in Jasper County, South Carolina, Ridgeland Correctional Institution was opened in 1995 and houses 1,165 medium-security inmates. Inmates housed here have 24-hour emergency medical coverage in addition to routine dental and medical care.
This all-male facility also provides literacy classes, high school courses, and GED preparation. Other opportunities provided for the Level 2 men housed at this facility include religious services, recreational services, and various ways to stay in touch with the outside world.
Ridgeland Correctional Institution Contact Information
Ridgeland Correctional Institution is owned and operated by the South Carolina Department of Corrections. To visit an inmate at this facility, you need to get approval from Warden LeVern Cohen after passing a background check and schedule your visit in advance. Here is all of the contact information for this facility that you need to know.
|Physical address||5 Correctional Rd.
Ridgeland, SC 29936
|General phone number||843-726-6888|
|Visitation application address||Division of Visitation and I/M DT
P.O. Box 212969
Columbia, SC 29221-2969
5 Ways You Can Connect With a Loved One at Ridgeland Correctional Institution
You can schedule an in-person visit with a Ridgeland Correctional Institution inmate by calling 803-896-8533. It is also possible to schedule an in-person visit online, but you will have to create an account on the SCDC/GTL scheduling website.
Currently, visits are non-contact, but you are allowed one short embrace at the beginning of your visit. Other rules you must adhere to include:
- Wearing a DOC-provided mask for the duration of your visit
- Canceling your appointment no fewer than 24 hours in advance if you cannot attend your appointment
- Not using the restroom at RCI
You may schedule a 90-minute visit with a Ridgeland Correctional Institution inmate between 8 AM and 4 PM on weekends if the correctional institution is not under COVID-19 quarantine protocols.
Note: Up to three people may visit an inmate at a time, and children of all ages are welcome. That said, anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
If you can't visit a Ridgeland Correctional Institution inmate due to COVID-19 quarantine protocols, you can always schedule a video visit. You can visit your loved one over a video call on any Android tablet, Android smartphone, or computer. If you want to video call with your phone or tablet, you need to download the GTL app.
If you want to write a prisoner, you need to know how to address a letter to an inmate at Ridgeland Correctional Institution. Notably, the inmate mailing address differs from the physical address of the facility. Here's how you need to address your mail so an inmate will receive it:
Inmate's Full Legal Name/Inmate's SCDC Number
Ridgeland Correctional Institution
P.O. Box 2039
Ridgeland, SC 29936
The South Carolina Department of Corrections does not allow inmates to have U.S. currency, but you can send money to your loved one's Cooper Trust Fund Account through GTL. Specifically, you have five ways to send money to an incarcerated loved one:
- Through a free app on any Android device, iPhone, or iPad
- Over the phone using Site ID number 121
- With cash or a debit card at any ConnectNetwork retail location
- With a money order mailed with a deposit slip to Dallas, TX
Receiving Phone Calls
You can also receive prepaid or collect calls from RCI inmates.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Loved One
DNP can help you locate your imprisoned loved one and ensure they receive your mail in just five quick, easy, successful steps.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Help You
DoNotPay is the only way to quickly, easily, and successfully keep prison pen pals. However, writing letters to inmates is just the tip of the iceberg. For example, DoNotPay can make your life easier if you want to:
- Get your money back after your flight is canceled or delayed
- Get out of paying parking tickets legally
- Get compensation by sending a demand letter or suing in Small Claims Court
Try it today.