How to Do a Warrant Search in Richmond Easily
If you look up the Richmond, Virginia Sheriff's Office or their Police Department, you'll see that there is no option to look up outstanding warrants in Richmond online. So the only option open to you is to go to your local police station or contact the police by phone or email in order to get them to do a for you.
Going down to the local police station is risky for obvious reasons; if they find that there is an arrest warrant out in your name, then they will probably arrest you there and then. If you try calling them or emailing them, you may not get a timely response. So doing a Richmond warrant search becomes difficult.
On the other hand, if you use DoNotPay to do a warrant search in Richmond, Virginia, the process is extremely simple and straightforward. All you have to do is enter some basic information about yourself (or the person you are trying to do a warrant search for) and indicate how you'd like to receive the results. DoNotPay will do the rest of the work.
Where Can You Get Information About Arrest Warrants in Richmond, VA?
If you want to find out whether there's an arrest or bench warrant out for you or someone you know, you can do so at one of the following locations:
|Sheriff's Department||1600 Oliver Hill Way
Richmond, VA 23219
|County Clerk's Division||900 E Broad St Suite 200,
|Richmond Magistrate's Office||1701 Fairfield Way
When you call to find out about active warrants, have the name, date of birth and SSN of the person at hand.
Where Can You Get Information About Crimes and Arrests in Richmond, VA?
If you are unable to get the information you need about at any of the above locations, you can try calling the following numbers:
- Central Records Unit - You can find out about arrest warrants, do a background check or get a police report by calling 804-646-6715.
- Richmond PD - You can try calling the police department to get information about arrest warrants. They are available at 804-646-6842.
- Information Desk - The Richmond City Justice Center has an information desk which can be reached at 804-646-4464.
- Victim-Witness Assistance Service - If you're the victim of or witness at a crime, you can call 804-646-7665.
- Misdemeanor/Traffic Offenses - If your arrest warrant is regarding a misdemeanor or traffic offense, you can call 804-646-6677.
- Felonies - For information about felonies, call the Clerk of the Circuit Court at 804-646-6505.
Why Use DoNotPay to Locate Arrest Warrants in Richmond, Virginia?
There are a number of offices and departments that you can call or visit to find out if there is an arrest warrant in your name in Richmond, VA. However, whenever you visit a government office or a police department, you're effectively giving them an opportunity to arrest you. Even calling them can alert them to your whereabouts and result in your arrest.
This is why it may not be the best idea to approach any of the above offices and departments to find out about an arrest warrant in your name or in the name of a close family member or friend. Instead, it makes sense to use DoNotPay to find out whether there is an arrest warrant/bench warrant out for you or someone you know.
When you use DoNotPay to do a warrant search, you'll just need to enter some basic information about yourself or the person you are inquiring about. Then just indicate how you'd like to receive the results of the warrant search and enter your contact information. DoNotPay will do the rest.
How to Do a Warrant Search Without Frustration in Richmond, VA With DoNotPay
If you want to do a Warrant Search without frustration in Richmond, VA but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Go to the Check for Warrants product on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to search for yourself or someone else, and answer a few questions to help us narrow down the search results, including current and previous addresses, age, the names of parents/relatives, and any known aliases.
- Select how you would like to receive the results in the case where we have to contact the police station on your behalf (by mail or email).
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
Searching for Arrest Warrants in States Other than Virginia
If there is no arrest warrant for you in Virginia but you think there might be one in a different state, you can still search for it using DoNotPay.
You can find out if there's a warrant for your arrest (or for the arrest of someone you know) in Richmond, Virginia by contacting the authorities. There are a number of phone numbers for you to call, and you can also go to the Sheriff's Department or Magistrate's Court. However, when you take any of these steps, you do risk being arrested.
Using DoNotPay to search for arrest warrants is safer and easier and will give you the time you need to prepare for your defense, in case there is a warrant in your name.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you:
- Notarize any legal documents
- File a case in small claims court
- Do a search for sex offenders
- Write and deliver a defamation demand letter