How to Appeal Your Richmond PCN the Easy Way
Receiving a Penalty Charge Notice can ruin anyone's day. In many circumstances, it may be worthwhile to challenge a Richmond PCN. It is well known that authorities and private parking authorities tend to make mistakes when issuing a PCN. In most cases, it is worth appealing a PCN when they are issued in error. Submitting a successful appeals letter may be confusing or complex. Fortunately, DoNotPay can draft an appeal letter on your behalf. Alternatively, you can follow our guide below on how to fight a Richmond PCN.
Receiving a Penalty Charge Notice in Richmond
- Most Richmond PCN is issued by Civil Enforcement Officers.
- Richmond also uses CCTV as a way to issue PCNs. In these cases, drivers may receive a PCN if there is video footage of unauthorized parking.
- The fine amount should be clearly displayed on the PCN. Fines typically range between £60 and £130.
- The PCN must contain a contravention code that details the specific infraction. You can find an explanation of the codes on Richmond's website.
- Discounts of the fine amount are available if paid within 14 days of the date of issuance.
- Failure to pay a PCN within 28 days will result in a ‘Notice to Owner’ letter. This can increase the fine amount and make the appeal process more difficult.
How to Pay a PCN in Richmond
- All Richmond PCNs can be paid online on the next working day after the date of issuance.
- You will need to have the PCN number handy.
- Payments can be provided by credit or debit card (Diners and American Express are not accepted.)
- Payments by telephone are accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Payments can be made by calling 020 8045 1171.
- You will need to present the PCN number and have a valid debit or credit card (Diners and American Express are not accepted).
- Postal payments should be addressed to:
- Parking Services
- P.O. Box 221 Twickenham
- Middlesex TW1 3TL.
- Crossed cheques or postal orders should be made payable to ‘LBRuT’
- Include your PCN number and address on the back of the cheque.
- Include the payment slip from the PCN/Charge certificate/Notice to Owner in the envelope.
- Cash, banknotes, and blank postal orders will not be accepted.
- If a receipt is needed, be sure to include a stamped self-addressed envelope.
How to Challenge a Richmond PCN on Your Own
- If it is within 28 days of the issuance date, you may submit an informal challenge online.
- If the informal challenge is rejected, you can still pursue an appeal via Formal Representation.
- A Formal Representation challenge can also be made online. Formal Representation appeals should be made if an informal challenge has been rejected or if the PCN has escalated to a Notice to Owner letter.
- If a Formal Representation challenge is rejected, an additional appeal can be made via an independent parking adjudicator.
|Informal Challenge||Make a submission|
|Formal Challenge||Send a Formal Challenge|
|Independent Parking Adjudicator||Make an Additional Appeal|
Is It Worth Challenging a Richmond PCN?
- If there are legitimate reasons that the PCN was issued incorrectly, then it is worth appealing the fine.
- Legitimate reasons may include an error on the PCN, no clear signage to enforce the PCN, having a Blue Badge, etc.
- Even on legitimate grounds, appealing a Richmond PCN can be challenging.
- The success of the appeal largely hinges on the quality of the appeal letter.
- DoNotPay can simplify the process by drafting an appeal letter for you.
How DoNotPay Can Challenge Your Richmond PCN for You
DoNotPay has successfully managed over 200,000 tickets in the UK. In total, we have saved users over £2.9 million in fees, as confirmed by the Evening Standard. We can help you appeal your Richmond PCN in just minutes.
Here’s how to get started:
DoNotPay can help you fight your parking ticket (again for UK users, we cannot mail the letter)
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
It's really that simple! You can use the carefully crafted appeal letter to serve as your argument when you challenge your ticket. After successfully fighting parking tickets in the UK and USA, we have expanded our services to help with numerous legal and customer service issues. In addition to fighting parking tickets in every major city in the UK and US, we can help with countless other problems.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Additional PCN and parking ticket services.
- San Jose parking tickets
- Fight Seattle parking tickets
- How to pay a PCN
- How long can a PCN be issued after the offence?
- Islington PCN
- Birmingham PCN
- Los Angeles parking tickets
- Dispute New York City parking tickets
- Chicago parking tickets
- TFL PCN
More services from DoNotPay.
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Credit cards
- File a noise complaint with any hotel
- Breach of contract
- File a complaint
- Rules of child travel consent
- Hotel Upgrades
- Cancel Timeshares
- Compensation for Robo Calls
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Tourist Visa
- Appeal Banned Account
- Missing money