All You Need To Know About The Richland Correctional Institution
Richland Correctional Institution, located in Mansfield, Ohio, was built in 1998. With a total of 78 acres, Richland Correctional Institution (also known as RiCI) has the ability to house over 2,500 male inmates.
RiCI provides a wide variety of programs for both education and job skills, such as a Recovery Residential Unit, as well as Roots For Success programs, and more. These programs allow inmates to gain both addiction healing while also gaining skills in obtaining jobs and/or careers once released.
If you need to contact a Richland Correctional Institution inmate, you’re in the right place. DoNotPay can help.
Richland Correctional Institution Contact Information
The following is the general contact information for Richland Correctional Institution.
|Physical Address||Richland Correctional Institution
1001 Olivesburg Road
Mansfield, OH 44905
|Mailing Address||PO Box 8107
Mansfield, OH 44905
|General Phone||(419) 526-2100|
|General Fax||(419) 521-2810|
The following are the available visitation days and hours, which are called sessions. During holidays, times are changed accordingly and are posted ahead of time. The following are the session times in which you can currently reserve to visit inmates at RiCI:
- Monday - Friday Midday Session: 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Afternoon Session: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Evening Session: 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday Morning Session: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Mid-Morning Session: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Afternoon Session: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
How To Contact Inmates At Richland Correctional Institution
To contact an inmate at Richland Correctional Institution, you have several options.
In order to visit an inmate, there is a process that RiCI implements. It is as follows:
- The inmate must request that you’re approved for visitation.
- You will then be forwarded an application to fill out. (Richland Correctional Institution uses GTL - or Global Tek∗Link - to send out applications to potential visitors.)
- Once you have completed the application, it will go to the staff to be approved.
- If approved, you can make a reservation online and can choose a session time.
Only three visitors are allowed per session. Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance. Children under five years old are not permitted at this time to visit.
Visitors must also bring a proper form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card). Inmates assigned to a medical ward are not able to have visitors at this time. There is also a dress code that visitors must follow, which can be found on RiCI's website.
Richland Correctional Institution uses GTL for inmate phone services. Phone calls are five cents per minute.
The following are the steps in which RiCI uses to set up communications with inmates and their family and friends:
- An automated call will be sent from GTL to you.
- The call will ask for your permission to add your phone number to the inmate's call list. (The automated call will call your phone number three times a day for five days or until it receives a Yes or No response to the permission request.
- Once you agree, you can then begin to receive calls from the inmate.
Inmates can only make phone calls to those on their call list. Calls can be paid by two options:
- Standard Collect Calls: The person who receives the call from an inmate is responsible for the charges incurred.
- Prepaid Collect Calls: Minutes are prepaid and deducted as used. However, if you choose to prepay, you will get a 20% discount compared to the standard collect calls.
Mail can be sent to RiCI's mailing address, as shown above. All mail will be inspected. Mail may be kept up to 48 hours for inspection once received; and packages may be held up to 72 hours for inspection.
If the inmate pays for the postage, there is no limit to how many letters an inmate can send or receive, unless otherwise specified. You can send packages using one of the following choices:
- General Mail: The inmate's number should be on the front of the envelope or package.
- Offender Packages: These packages are prepared and shipped to inmates when families or friends order a package for the inmate. Three companies that are approved to send these packages to RiCI inmates are Keefe Group/Access Securepak, Union Supply Direct, and Walkenhorsts.
You can send an inmate money using one of the following methods:
- Money Order Through JPay
- Deposit Money Online At ConnectNetwork Through GTL
- Use ConnectNetwork's App
Contacting a loved one or friend in prison can seem difficult and even stressful. Fees can also add up with calls and more. What if there was a way to contact an inmate without the fees and stress? DoNotPay can help.
Use DoNotPay to Get in Touch with Inmates
DoNotPay provides the best solution to contact inmates in a fast, easy, and successful way. Using the Connect With an Inmate feature, you can easily send letters and more with the help of DoNotPay.
If you want to contact a loved one in prison but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Does DoNotPay Offer?
DoNotPay is the perfect solution when it comes to connecting with a family member or friend in prison. But that’s not all you can do with the app. DoNotPay can also help you in other areas as well. To learn more about the many areas DoNotPay can assist you in, check out the list below. Try it today.
- How To Tackle Mounting Bills
- How To Fix Credit Card Issues
- Learn About Small Claims Court Procedures
- How To Easily Cancel Unwanted Subscriptions Or Memberships