Obtaining a Rhode Island Birth Certificate for Yourself or Your Child
Several scenarios exist that require a birth certificate in the state of Rhode Island. One, your new bundle of joy is here and you couldn't be more excited. Now you have to go through the process of obtaining a Rhode Island birth certificate for your child's records when all you want to do is care for your kid and not worry about other responsibilities for a while.
Two, you need a new certificate because it was lost or damaged. You may not even know where to start with getting a new one. Let DoNotPay help. Whether you're applying for a new birth certificate for an infant, or need a replacement for yourself, DoNotPay can help you achieve your goal with less stress.
What's Included in a Rhode Island Birth Certificate Request?
You'll need some pertinent information to submit your RI birth certificate request. Make sure your request includes full details to the best of your knowledge. This includes:
- Details About the Owner of the Certificate
- The person's full name Their current age Their new name if it was changed due to anything other than marriage Their date of birth Their city of birth The hospital where they were born Their mother and father's full names at the time of birth Who you are applying for (whether yourself, a child, grandchild, sibling, or client)
- Details About Yourself
- Your reason for needing the record (such as a license, social security, passport, welfare, or replacement) How many copies you require Your printed name, address, and phone number Your signed name and date A copy of your identification The payment
How Long Does It Take to Get a Birth Certificate in Rhode Island?
The processing time for a RI birth certificate varies from person to person. Whether you're applying online, in person, by mail, or otherwise, all factors into the wait time. Typically, you can expect at least a week or two to wait for the request to process. If you want a fast processing time, you can apply in person for a rush order. That usually processes within 5 days.
How Much Is It to Get a Birth Certificate in Rhode Island?
The Rhode Island Department of Health issues certified birth certificates. The cost of a birth certificate varies, depending on where you get it.
|City/County/State Office||Contact Address and Phone Number||Birth Certificate Processing Fee|
|Rhode Island Department of Health||Vital Records
3 Capitol Hill Rm# 101
Providence, RI 02908-5097
|First Copy: $25.00 Additional Copies: $18.00|
The VitalChek website online costs more because it charges an additional processing fee. You can expect to pay at least $35 for this service.
When you fill out the application form, you'll also see that the cost changes if you plan on paying with a check through the mail. That will cost you $25. Drop it off in person and you'll pay $22.
Don't forget, extra copies will also add to the total. Each additional copy you order at the same time will cost $18. Wait to order another copy another day and you'll pay full price again.
Obtaining a Birth Certificate Online in Rhode Island
You can obtain a state of Rhode Island birth certificate online. Start by visiting the Rhode Island Department of Vital Records website. Click where it says 'Birth Certificate" on the right-hand side, and a download begins. This gives you the option to print a copy of the form so you can mail it in or drop it off in person.
Otherwise, look to the left-hand side where it says 'We can help you...' and choose 'Get a copy of a birth, death, or marriage record'. It gives you the phone number to call and make your payment -- 888-388-1032 -- and also links to the VitalChek website where you can apply online. You simply follow the prompts on the page and fill out the requested information. Then, make your payment via debit or credit card.
Numerous options exist in terms of where to get your birth certificate.
Difference Between a Certificated Birth Certificate and an Informational Copy
Two types of birth certificates exist:
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Informational Copy
The certified birth certificate RI residents need allows them to get a passport, apply for a driver's license, obtain a social security card, get married, and much more. This copy proves your age and identity and comes with a raised seal to verify its validity. An informational copy only serves informational purposes. It may be accepted in some instances, but is often just to keep for your own records. A certified copy will be necessary for anything important.
Get a Birth Certificate in Rhode Island With the Help of DoNotPay
Use DoNotPay to obtain your Rhode Island birth certificate. They handle the process for you so you don't have to stress over all the information and red tape involved. They break it down into a few easy steps so the job gets done faster and you'll have the document you need in your hands promptly. Fast, easy, and successful service is what you 'll get with DoNotPay every time.
How to Get a Copy of a Birth C ertificate in Rhode Island U sing DoNotPay
If you want to order/get a birth certificate copy in Rhode Island but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Obtain Your Birth Certificate in Rhode Island?
DoNotPay provides a fast, convenient solution for anyone in Rhode Island (or any state for that matter) looking to obtain a birth certificate. You'll tackle the task in just a few easy steps, and they'll handle the rest for you. It saves you time to focus on the many other important to-do list items you undoubtedly have to accomplish. Contact DoNotPay, and let them assist you with taking a task off your to-do list so you have one less thing to worry about.