How to Handle Resurgent Debt Collectors with the Help of DoNotPay
Resurgent Capital Services is a debt collection agency based in South Carolina. Chances are you may have come across this name on your credit card, or you may have recently been contacted by one of its agents about a debt they are trying to collect.
While debt collection companies have a right to collect their dues, it is equally important to understand your rights when you are contacted by a debt collector. Because it may be hard for you to deal with debt collectors by yourself, DoNotPay can help you handle Resurgent Capital Services agents easily. DoNotPay can also help you know how to negotiate with debt collectors, and assist you with medical debt collection and ERC debt collection. Read on for more information.
Resurgent Capital Services Contact Information
|Company||Resurgent Capital Services (https://www.resurgent.com/)|
|Mailing Address||55 Beattie Place, Suite 110 Greenville, SC 29601|
|Email or Contact Form||officeofCCO@resurgent.com|
Is Resurgent Capital Services Legitimate?
Yes. Resurgent Capital Services LP has been around since 1998. In addition to being a loan collector, the company is also a debt servicer. It collects debts on behalf of third parties and debts that it buys off. Based on its reviews, this is one of the most consumer-friendly collection agencies.
Resurgent Capital Services may appear on your credit report, or may use these names to contact you:
- Pinnacle Credit Services, LLC
- CACH, LLC
- LVNV Funding, LLC
Your Rights When Dealing With Resurgent Capital Services
When you are first contacted by , you are legally allowed to take the following steps:
Validate Your Debt
After the first contact, you have a 30-day window to validate your debt, hence it is important for you to act immediately. Resurgent Capital Services is legally required to validate a debt upon request. If you are not satisfied with the validation, send them a letter of insufficient validation.
Check the Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations laws is hard to understand. However, before you take ownership of a debt, check to see whether the statute of limitation has expired. If it has expired, then Resurgent Capital Services cannot sue you for the money owed.
The Fdcpa Does Not Allow Resurgent Capital Services To:
- Threaten or harass you in any way
- Contact you after you have asked them to stop
- Calling you very early in the morning or very late at night
- Reach out to you at your workplace after telling them to stop
- Discuss your debts with people you know
How to Respond to Resurgent Capital Services
When an employee of Resurgent Capital Services contacts you, get the following information from them before disclosing any personal information:
- The name, physical address, and phone number of the debt collector
- The total amount of debt, including interest fees
- When the debt was made and what it is for
- Information about the original creditor such as their name and address
If the debt collector contacts you via phone, insist that they also do so in writing. Most importantly, keep an updated record of any communication you have with the debt collector.
Responding to a Debt Validation Letter
Whether you are planning to accept, dispute, or ask for further information about the stated debt, you only have 30 days to make your move before the debt collector is legally allowed to make assumptions that the debt is valid. In simpler terms, if you get a debt validation letter and fail to respond within 30 days, the bill collector is legally allowed to assume that you are the owner of the debt.
How to Stop a Resurgent Capital Services Debt Collector with the Help Of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you handle a Resurgent Capital Services debt collector in 3 easy steps:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to the CFPB.
And that’s it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We’ll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the CFPB so that they’re no longer able to use unfair debt collection practices.
Why Use DoNotPay to Stop a Resurgent Capital Services Debt Collector
Debt collectors can hound you to no end, unless you put a stop to them. DoNotPay is the best choice to stop them from harassing you any further because we are:
- Fast- You do not have to spend too much time searching the internet for solutions or talking to their customer service representatives.
- Easy- All it takes are the three steps to get the debt collectors to stop.
- Successful- You can rest assured that we are making the best case for you.
DoNotPay Can Also Help You with Debt Collectors in Many Other Ways, Such As:
- Helping you figure out if debt collectors can take your stimulus check
- Helping you learn about the limitation of debt collection by state
- Helping you know how long debtors can try to collect
- Helping you learn how often debt collectors can take you to court
Additional Services DoNotPay Can Offer You
You can enjoy many other great services from DoNotPay, such as:
- Helping you learn how to cancel any subscriptions
- Helping you learn to write financial aid appeal letters
- Helping you with bills
- Helping you increase your credit limit
- Helping you find missing money
- Helping you clean your credit report
Why wait any longer? Sign up with DoNotPay today to solve all your social and legal issues.