Request a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in Orange County, CA Quickly
Requesting a copy of your divorce certificate in Orange County, CA, should not be tiresome or stressful. Divorce records are public records available to the public, and you can get a copy of your records by sending a request to the Orange County Superior Court.
Orange County follows all the protocols put in place by the California government, and you must follow all the legal steps to get a copy of your divorce certificate. The protocols make the process long and arduous which can be quite an inconvenience.
DoNotPay provides all the information you need to get a copy of your divorce certificate in Orange County, CA, and helps you make the request faster through the Certificates of Divorce product.
Is There a Difference Between a Divorce Certificate and a Divorce Decree?
A divorce certificate is different from a divorce decree. A divorce certificate is issued by the bureau of vital statistics, while a court issues a divorce decree after concluding the case. A certificate is a one-page document containing basic information, including:
- Full name of both spouses
- A declaration that the couple is divorced
- The date and place of divorce
A decree is more complex, containing information about your divorce case, including:
- Spousal support
- Child support
- Property division and other information
How Do I Get a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in Orange County, CA on My Own
You can get a copy of your divorce certificate from the Superior Court of California in two ways:
|By Mail||You need to send the following to the county clerk to request a copy of your divorce certificate by mail:
Send these requirements to the following address:
Lamoreaux Justice Center,
Attn: Family Law Records,
341 The City Dr., Orange,
|In-Person||You can order a copy of your divorce certificate at any Superior Court of Orange County Justice Center via public computer terminals if your case was resolved in 1997 to date. Divorce records with cases solved before 1997 might be available for viewing but are stored offline.
Call (657) 622-8457 to get a copy of a divorce certificate whose case was resolved before 1997, and your document will be ready for viewing and copying within four days of ordering at the Lamoreaux Justice Center, Family Law Division Clerk's Office, 7th floor.
Your divorce certificate copy will be mailed 30-45 days from the date of ordering.
The California government gives you an option to view your records without obtaining a copy. You can view a list of documents filed, a summary of proceedings, party and hearing information on your divorce, and other family law cases opened in 1990 to date.
Search your case on the Superior Court of California, Orange County website, or visit the courthouse near you and make a request.
Get a Divorce Certificate Copy Instantly in Orange County, CA, With DoNotPay
Processing your divorce certificate request takes up to 30 days in Orange County. The provided means of obtaining a copy of your divorce records might not serve you when you need the documents within a short period.
DoNotPay can help you save time by simplifying the application process. How to get a copy of a divorce certificate using DoNotPay:
If you want to get a copy of a divorce certificate in Orange County, CA but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
1. Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
2. Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.*Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
3. Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued.
4. Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
5. Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
6. Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
7. If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Should I Use DoNotPay to Get a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in Orange County, CA?
You now know the process of getting a divorce certificate copy on your own, and you might wonder why you need DoNotPay to help you. Here are some reasons why you should consider using DoNotPay:
- Automated services: All DoNotPay services are automated, eliminating any room for errors and reducing the paperwork needed for most processes. The automation simplifies all the processes, enabling you to solve your issue within 2 minutes or less through your phone.
- Convenient: The DoNotPay website and mobile app allow you to access the services from any location through your phone or computer. All the processes meet the legal requirements and are simplified into steps that are easy for you to follow.
- High success rates: The DoNotPay robot lawyer leaves no room for errors. We can help you get a copy of your divorce certificate from any state within the USA, including:
Manage Your Processes with DoNotPay
We all love to save as much time as possible. DoNotPay is your partner, helping you save time when requesting a copy of a divorce certificate in Orange County, CA, and any other state you live in.
Our services help you solve unlimited administrative and legal issues, including:
- Sending a defamation demand letter
- Getting any document notarized
- Requesting access to public records
- Getting Uncontested divorce papers
- Creating marital settlement agreements
- Creating powers of attorney
- Protecting your credit card information
- Filing an insurance claim
- Protecting your creative work with copyright
Sign up on our website today and let us help you.