Request Marriage & Divorce Certificates in Dane County Today
Marriages fail even after two parties have sworn they will endure all challenges until death do them apart. Sometimes they end up separating, but it could get worse to the point of divorce. Acquiring a divorce certificate can help show that one is legally separated from their partner and they are free to see someone.
A divorce certificate verifies that you are legally single when a marriage license is required, such as when you want to modify your identity documents or drop your previous spouse's name.
Losing your divorce certificate is a frustrating experience, and obtaining a replacement is even more frustrating considering the procedures and documentation you have to process. Fortunately, with DoNotPay, you can get a copy of your Dane divorce certificate without much hassle.
The Difference Between Divorce Certificates and Divorce Decrees
A divorce decree is a judicial order that terminates a marriage officially. Some jurisdictions refer to the ruling as a "judgment of dissolution," "JOD," or "divorce judgment." It outlines the court's final orders regarding all of the issues in your divorce, such as child support, property division, and child custody, and its contents legally obligate both parties.
On the other hand, a divorce certificate is an official document issued by the office responsible for maintaining your state's vital records. It highlights the date and location of the divorce as well as basic identifying information for both parties. It is proof that partners are officially divorced.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Dane County?
Depending on the application method, there are varied application fees, requirements, and processing periods.
|In-Person or Through The Mail||You pay $20.00 for the search and first copy (certified or uncertified) and $3.00 for each additional copy.|
|Online (Overnight Service) Through Official Records Online (ORO)||Each time you apply, you have to pay:
|Online (Overnight Service) Through Vitalchek||Each time you apply, you have to pay:
How to Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Dane County on Your Own
The Vital Records Section of the Register of Deeds Office keeps duplicates of all birth, death, marriage, and divorce records for Dane County. You may submit requests for marriage or divorce copies by mail or online.
Once you have all the official details to obtain a copy of a divorce certificate, you can choose the most convenient application form option. You must submit a completed application form and payment to obtain certified copies of these records.
Requests are fulfilled within approximately five business days. However, it may take longer if you do not fill out the application correctly. On the other hand, if you need it sooner, you may be able to obtain it more quickly for an additional cost. To avoid such uncertainties, it is highly recommended to use DoNotPay to get a copy of your divorce certificate.
How to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate Using DoNotPay
If you want to get a copy of a divorce certificate but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you get your divorce certificate copy is just but one of the many services offered by DoNotPay. DoNotPay also offers crucial information on how to address divorce certificate issues in other states:
- How to get divorce certificates in Texas
- Learning divorce certificates in Arkansas
- Get a certified divorce certificate in Nevada
- Learning divorce certificates in California
- Learning divorce certificates in New York
- Learn how to get divorce certificates in Florida
Aside from requesting marriage and divorce certificates, DoNotPay can also help you with a lot of other services such:
- Divorce settlement agreement
- Finding unclaimed money
- Insurance claims
- Assist in notarizing any documents
- Sue anyone with small claims court
If you require a copy of a Dane county marriage/divorce certificate, DoNotPay is your best option. Sign up today to get a copy of your divorce certificate conveniently and hassle-free.