How to Report Fake Reviews on Amazon the Easy Way
Reviews are the lifeblood of any business, especially those on Amazon. Getting good reviews is a sign of quality products and customer service, which lead to more business in the future.
However, there may come a time when your listings are flooded with bad reviews as part of a fake review scam. If this happens, you need to take action, and the most effective way to do that is to have DoNotPay help you to have them removed.
Can I Delete Fake Reviews on Amazon?
You cannot personally delete a review on your product sold through Amazon. While it is possible to have reviews deleted under your products, this is not ability sellers have. Even a fake review cannot be deleted by the seller, as frustrating as they are.
How to Report a Fake Amazon Review
is fairly simple. All you have to do is:
- Find your listing.
- Scroll down to the reviews at the bottom.
- Identify the fake review(s).
- Click the report button below the review.
- If necessary, sign in, then confirm your report.
Keep in mind that reporting a review does not mean it will be removed. Even a fake review might not be removed if, for some strange reason, Amazon decides it should stay up.
Why You Should Report Fake Reviews
It doesn’t matter if Amazon is your side business or main source of income. If you don’t protect your business from slanderous reviews you could lose your reputation and your livelihood. You should report fake reviews to:
|Provide accurate feedback||Making sure the information that the wider world receives about your business is fair and accurate.|
|Protect your business from slander||People will get the wrong impression about who you are and how you operate if you are constantly bombarded by fake reviews that make your business appear a certain way.|
Reasons Why Amazon Will Delete a Review
The main reason Amazon will delete reviews is for violations of the terms of service. In short, Amazon reviews should not:
- Be about the seller instead about the product.
- Be left by someone with direct or indirect connections to the product (relatives to the seller, etc.).
- Be negative reviews left by competitors.
- Be one of the multiple negative reviews for the same product by the same reviewer.
- Be given in exchange for kickbacks (money, positive reviews, extras, etc.).
Amazon reviews that are found to violate any of these rules should be removed when they are reported. Additionally, if someone manages to review a product they did not actually buy, this would also be removed for dishonesty.
When Will Amazon Delete the Reported Review?
There is no set timeframe for when Amazon will respond to your report of a fake review. Amazon is one of the largest companies in the world and gets hundreds if not thousands of reports every day. It may take several business days before you get a response, so be patient.
What to Do if Amazon Does Not Delete a Review
If Amazon does not delete a fake review on your product for whatever reason, you still have options to deal with it. In addition to escalating things and taking your problem to DoNotPay, you can also try:
Emailing Customer Support
- Draft an email to their support.
- In the email, specify that you believe the review to be fake or fraudulent and outline why. Make sure to include any ToS violations found in the review.
- Send the email and wait for a response.
Report Through Seller Central
- Click the "Get Support" link and open a case with Amazon support.
- Explain your issue with the review and why you believe it is fraudulent. Include any ToS violations you found in it.
- Send your support ticket and wait for a response.
Additionally, it may be worth escalating things if a review is not only bad or fake, but defamatory. Defamation can be a serious crime that affects your business and personal life. If you believe a review is defamatory, you can get DoNotPay's help taking the other party to small claims court with our Sue Now product.
Get Fake Reviews on Amazon Removed With DoNotPay
Like many major companies, Amazon can be a massive headache to deal with if you need them to actually do something to help you. If you're not having any luck getting through to them, you can have DoNotPay help you report and remove fake reviews on your behalf. Just follow these four steps to get started:
- Select which platform the review was posted on.
- Enter the url to the review and upload a photo to help us identify it.
- Indicate why you want to report the review and also provide a detailed description.
- And that's it! We'll report the review so that it gets investigated by the platform and taken down once they determine it's inappropriate.
DoNotPay Can Help You Remove Reviews on Many Websites
DoNotPay's services don't end at getting rid of fake Amazon reviews. We can help you remove bad or fraudulent reviews from all over, including on Google, Yelp, and Facebook. We'll even help you get photos removed from a Google Business.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do a lot more than report fake reviews on Amazon for you. We offer our users a ton of other great services that save them tons of time, money, and effort, including:
Join DoNotPay today to remove fake Amazon reviews before it's too late!