Fight and Waive Remitly Fees In 3 Easy Steps
Millions of people send money from the United States into their home countries every day. In fact, the practice is so common that there are apps designed to specifically help people who are trying to get their money into the country. One of these apps is known as Remitly, and it is popular with those attempting to get money back to their loved ones. Naturally, the app is not completely free. There are charges and fees that must be issued by the app in order to keep it operational for everyone. That is why DoNotPay has worked so hard to make sure they have a plan for people looking to save on Remitly fees.
What Type of Services Does Remitly Offer?
Remitly works specifically in the business of helping people send remittances back to their home countries. They offer two different types of services on their platform to help users. These include
- Economy service - A less expensive service that still gets the money where it needs to go, but not as quickly as their other services.
- Express service - The fastest service that Remitly offers for when money needs to get wherever you are sending it at rapid speeds.
Both of these services have fees attached to them (more on that later), but the express service is a bit more costly in fees than is the economy service. This is intentional, and the purpose of it is to make sure that people who want to get their money moved a little faster pay for that speed of transfer.
What Is the Fee Structure for Remitly?
The question that everyone wants the answer to when they first download the Remitly app is how much they can expect to pay for the services that they use when they are using the Remitly app. We can show you the current breakdown of fees for a few example countries:
|Express||$5.99 up to $99.99 plus $1 for every $100 transferred up to $999.99|
|Economy||$3.99 up to $99.99 plus $0.50 for every $100 transferred up to $999.99|
|Express||$6.99 up to $299.99 plus $3 for every $300 transferred up to $1999.99|
|Economy||$5.99 up to $299.99 plus $3 per every $300 transferred up to $1999.99|
|Express||$20.04 with $3.99 fee when transferring less than $500||no fee for more than $500|
|Economy||$20.40 with $3.99 fee when transferring less than $500||no fee for more than $500|
As you can see, there are a number of different structures based on the specific country that the money is being transferred to. Interestingly, one can send money via the Express route less expensively than the Economy route when sending their funds specifically to Mexico. This is rare, but small changes in the fees like this are something worth paying close attention to. If you are going to send money to a specific country regularly, you should probably familiarize yourself with the fee structure that this particular app uses for that country.
DoNotPay Can Help Save You on Fees With This Simple Guide
DoNotPay will help you to minimize your Remitly fees with a simple procedure that they have put together that is intended to help people who require assistance trying to save money on these fees.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
If you feel like you are overpaying on your Remitly fees, or if there are some other issues with the system that you feel deserve to be addressed, then please get with the people at DoNotPay to figure out the best solution you can find going forward. There is a good chance that other people have run into the same problems that you have while using the system, and you don't want to end up paying extra just because you were too afraid to speak up.
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
- eBay Fees
- Coinbank Fees
- Robinhood Fees
- PayPal Seller Fees
- Spirit Airlines Baggage Fees
- HOA Fees
- Etsy Fees
- Chase checking account Fees
- American Airlines Baggage Fees
- Shopify Fees
What Else Is DoNotPay Doing to Help People?
DoNotPay has a growing list of programs that it offers to help people save time and money. They know that there are a lot of great people out there who just need a little break to go their way. They want to do what they can for those individuals to provide them with the support that they need to hopefully have things work out a little better. Thus, they have the following program offerings:
- Fight email spam
- Get a Freedom of Information Act Request Filed
- Apply for pet licenses
- Create a revocable living trust
- Recover account passwords
Anyone who needs help with any of these things or the many others just like them can go to DoNotPay for that assistance today.