How to Register to Vote Utah in 4 Simple Steps
Are you planning to vote in Utah for the coming elections? The first step for eligible voters is to register their vote accordingly. Your voter registration must be up to date with your current details such as name, address, and political party affiliation to be eligible to vote.
Utah provides avenues for potential voters to register their votes before Election Day. Generally, the process of registering to vote or updating your voter registration in Utah can be tedious and lengthy.Therefore, as a first-time voter, it is easy to get overwhelmed by the registration processes.
How to Register to Vote in Utah
Utah residents can register to vote online, via mail, or in person.
- Register to Vote in Utah Online
Utah allows online voter registration to allow for convenience. To register you need to fill in the registration form with your personal information and submit it.
However, to use Utah's online voter registration system, you must have a Utah ID. In addition, the address on your Utah ID must match the address where you are registering to vote. Fortunately, if you lack a Utah-issued ID, you can still register to vote via mail.
- Register to Vote in Utah Via Mail
Individuals can also register to vote by filling out the Utah voter registration form and sending the filled form to the local elections office. However, ensure you read the instructions carefully before filling out the form.
In case it is your first time registering to vote in your Utah jurisdiction, and you mail this application form, you must show proof of identification the first time you vote according to federal law.
Proof of identification may include a current and valid photo ID. It may also include two ID forms that, when combined, will prove your current residence and name. These may include current utility bills, paychecks, or a bank statement.
- Register to Vote in Utah In Person
Contact your local Utah elections office to confirm where and when to register in person. However, you can register to vote and cast your ballot in person during the election date or on the last day to register your vote.
How to Update Voter Information in Utah
Updating your voter registration in Utah takes almost similar efforts as registering to vote. If your details don't match those on your Utah ID, follow through with the registration steps as part of updating your voter registration.
Eligibility Requirements to Vote in Utah
Before you register to vote in Utah, or before you actually vote, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have lived in Utah at least 30 days before the coming election
- Can be 16/17 years old to preregister, on the condition that you will be 18 by the time of voting
- Must not be a convicted felon in ongoing incarceration until your voting right is restored
- Must not be found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law
- Must not be convicted of a crime against the elective franchise. The same applies to treason
Voter Registration Deadlines in Utah
|Online||11 days before Election Day|
|By Mail||Received 11 days before Election Day. Extendable to the next business day in case this falls on a Sunday|
|In-Person||Seven days before Election Day in the clerk's office. However, you can also register during early voting as well as on Election day using a provisional ballot.|
Not Sure Where and How to Start? DoNotPay Can Assist You
DoNotPay is the perfect aid for individuals looking to register their votes in Utah. Despite elections being carried out every year in the US, you don't have to register to vote every year unless you need to update your voter registration.
If you want to register or update your vote in Utah, DoNotPay has got you covered in a few easy steps:
- Search "voter registration" on DoNotPay.
- Select whether you want to register to vote, change your voter information, cancel your registration, or verify your registration.
- Enter the state you want to register in (or are registered in) and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements. Answer a few questions about you to help us verify your identity and complete your application.
- Provide your signature and verify that your information is correct.
Sign up with DoNotPay to register your vote in Utah or any other state.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you register or update your vote is one of the many things DoNotPay can help you with. Other services include:
- Claim gift card cash backs
- Contest your parking tickets
- Find unclaimed/missing money
- Get credit card services
- Sign up for free trials without getting charged
- Get free raffle tickets
Sign up with DoNotPay to register or update your vote in Utah effortlessly!