How to Register to Vote in North Carolina
Registering to vote is a responsibility that every citizen has. It allows you to choose the leaders you want. Voting also enables you to practice your democratic right by electing someone to represent you, your ideas, and your interest. If you've been planning to register to vote NC, start registration right away.
North Carolina offers an online voter registration system. However, you can also register by mail or in person at your county board of elections office. These three ways can be a bit lengthy especially if you don't know where to start. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help.
Who Is Eligible to Register to Vote in North Carolina?
To be eligible to register to vote in North Carolina, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years old by Election Day
- Have lived in North Carolina for 30 days before the election
- Not currently be incarcerated for a felony conviction
How to Register to Vote in North Carolina
There are three ways to register vote in North Carolina:
- Online: You can register online if you have a valid driver's license or state ID card issued by the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV will automatically transfer your information from its database and submit it as an electronic application for voter registration. If you do not have a valid driver's license, permit, or state ID card issued by the North Carolina DMV, you can still register online using an interactive application.
- By Mail: To register by mail, you will need to complete a voter registration form by filling in your name and address. Once done, print it, sign with an ink pen and send it to your county board of elections.
- In-Person: If you would like to register in person, you should visit your county board of elections office or any other designated voter registration location. The deadline to register in person is 15 days before the election. You will need to bring valid identification that shows your name and current address.
Voter Registration Deadlines in NC
The last day of voter registration depends on the method used.
|Online||25 days before Election Day|
|By Mail||Must be postmarked 25 days before Election Day|
|In-Person||Same day registration available during early voting period|
How to Check if You're Registered to Vote in North Carolina
Not Sure Where to Start? DoNotPay Can Help
Do you need guidance on voter registration in North Carolina? DoNotPay's easy-to-follow steps will provide you with a way to register to vote, cancel or update your registration, or even verify if you're registered.
DoNotPay is a fast, automated, easy-to-use, and reliable way to register to vote in North Carolina. Here are the steps:
- Search "voter registration" on DoNotPay.
- Select whether you want to register to vote, change your voter information, cancel your registration, or verify your registration.
- Enter the state you want to register in (or are registered in) and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements. Answer a few questions about you to help us verify your identity and complete your application.
- Provide your signature and verify that your information is correct.
That's all! DoNotPay will either get you registered or make sure that your information is updated!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you register to vote is just one of the many things DoNotPay can assist you with.
DoNotPay can help you solve a whole lot of issues such as:
- How to protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- How to cancel subscriptions and free trials
- How to get airline flight compensation fast
- How to file a complaint against any company
- Solve your divorce settlement agreement
- How to apply for a neighbor complaint
- How to reduce your property taxes
- Acquire a child travel consent
- Handle your mailing service needs
- How to file an insurance claim
- How to find lost items
- Get help with bills
If you are a resident of North Carolina and meet the eligibility requirements, we recommend that you register to vote. You can register in person, by mail, or online. It only takes a few minutes. You should also consider using DoNotPay if you don't know where to start or if you would like to register at the comfort of your home or work through a fast, easy-to-use, and automated service.
Remember, if you don't register, you cannot vote. Contact DoNotPay today and let's make you a voter in North Carolina!