How to Register to Vote in Missouri With DoNotPay
As an American citizen, you are imbued with certain rights, as well as civic duties. One of the most important civic duties that any American has is the right to vote. While every eligible citizen is encouraged to vote, the process itself can sometimes be confusing. There are strict eligibility requirements in order to vote and certain guidelines that you have to follow in order to register to vote.
If you want to register to vote in Missouri but aren't sure where to start, DoNotPay has your back. Our convenient AI can help you with any voting concern that you might have, from registering to vote in Missouri to updating your voter registration information.
Who Is Eligible to Register to Vote in Missouri?
- The individual must be a citizen of the United States
- The individual must be a Missouri resident
- The individual must be 18 years of age by Election Day
- The individual must not be imprisoned
- The individual must not be declared incapacitated
- The individual cannot be convicted of a felony connected to voting.
How to Register to Vote in Missouri
If you meet the requirements for registering to vote in Missouri, you can start the process. You have three options to register to vote in Missouri on your own:
1. Register Online
You can register to vote online through Missouri's election website. You will need to check all of the required boxes, providing information about your location and age, as well as what sort of electronic device you are using to register. The process can take up to 30 minutes or more, depending on how quickly your device is working.
2. Register by Mail
Another option when you want to register to vote in Missouri is to print and mail your registration application. To do this, select your county of residence from the dropdown menu on Missouri's election website. The application should then appear in a separate window as a PDF document. You can download and print the document, in order to fill it out. Once you've completed the document, you can mail it to your local election authority.
3. Register to Vote In-Person
Finally, you can register to vote in person by visiting your local County Clerk's office. Simply find the location nearest you by selecting your county on the Missouri election website. You can also pick up a voter application at any Department of Motor Vehicles office or state agency that serves the public. Once you fill out the application, you can drop it off at the County Clerk's office.
Deadline for Voters Registration
Make sure you register or update your voter's information before the following deadlines:
|Online||Fourth Wednesday before Election Day|
|By Mail||Postmarked by the fourth Wednesday before Election Day|
|In-Person||Fourth Wednesday before Election Day|
How to Confirm if You Are a Registered Voter in Missouri
Do you think you might be already registered to vote in Missouri? There's a way to check that on your own. You can check your voter registration status on the Missouri election website. You will need to enter some personal details, including your first name, last name, house number, and street address, along with your date of birth and your county of residence.
The automated system should be able to tell you if you are registered to vote in the state of Missouri. Still, the system isn't foolproof, and the system does occasionally go down for maintenance - or simply malfunction. Additionally, if you have a non-standard address, such as a rural route, you will have to contact the Local Election Authority for help with verifying your registration status.
Registering to vote seems as though it should be easy, but it can be surprisingly time-consuming to fill out the necessary information and get it to the right people. If you want to register to vote in Missouri without the hassle or even unregister, DoNotPay can help.
Register to Vote in Missouri With the Help of DoNotPay
Are you ready to register to vote in Missouri without spending hours downloading and filling out lengthy forms? Let DoNotPay do the grunt work for you.
All you have to do is:
- Search "voter registration" on DoNotPay.
- Select whether you want to register to vote, change your voter information, cancel your registration, or verify your registration.
- Enter the state you want to register in (or are registered in) and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements. Answer a few questions about you to help us verify your identity and complete your application.
- Provide your signature and verify that your information is correct.
That's all there is to it! DoNotPay will make sure your registration changes get sent to the right office, and your registration status is updated accordingly.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Here are other tasks DoNotPay can help you solve:
- Prevent and report stalking and harassment
- File neighbor complaints
- Make insurance claims
- Reduce property taxes
- Find lost items
- Negotiate bills you are unable to pay
- Learn airline flight compensation hacks
- Cancel any service or subscription
- File a complaint against any company
- Access child travel consent forms
- Divorce settlement agreement