How to Register to Vote in Georgia in 4 Steps
Whether for the first time or the second time, registering to vote in Georgia is hectic and time-consuming. You have to fill out your details in the registration form and also produce other requirements, such as a valid driving license to prove your eligibility for the exercise. Luckily, DoNotPay has introduced a voter registration service that eases the registration process in Georgia.
Eligibility Criteria to Register as a Voter in Georgia
To register to vote in Georgia, you have to satisfy the following requirements:
- You must be a United States Citizen
- You must legally reside in Georgia and the county you want to vote
- You must be 18 years within the six months after registration day
- You should not be serving any sentence of conviction for a felony on any case involving moral misconduct
- You should be mentally competent
How to Register to Vote in Georgia on Your Own
You can register to vote online. You should have an identification card or a valid driver's license issued by the Georgia Department of Driver's License. In case you do not have a valid driving license or an I.D., you can register as a voter through the mail.
You can also register to vote using the Georgia registration form. You must read all the instructions carefully and fill in all the details as required and send the completed form to your local election office.
Follow this procedure to fill out the voter registration form:
- Print and fill out the National Voter Registration Form, Box 6-ID number. According to Federal law, you are required to give your full Georgia driving license number or your I.D. number. If you lack any of the two, you are supposed to provide the last four digits of your social security number, which will be kept confidential. If you lack any of the three documents, you are provided with a unique identifier.
- Box -7 party Choice: In Georgia, it is not a must to register with a party to be allowed to participate in partisan primary elections.
- Box -8 Race: It is optional to fill in this box
- Review the eligibility criteria and see who qualifies to vote
- Sign the form
- Send the filled form to your local election office
If you are registering to vote for the first time in that particular jurisdiction, the federal law requires you to provide proof of identification which include:
- The latest photo
- Latest utility bill
- Your bank statements
- Government check
- Government document showing your name and address
You have to visit your local election office and register to vote under the guide of the voter registration officials. Please note that Georgia does not offer election day registration.
However, using D.I.Y. methods to register to be a voter in Georgia can be a time-consuming exercise. Whether you are doing it through the mail, in person, or online, you have to register to qualify for a voter's card, thus making it a demanding process. Fortunately, DoNotPay provides a perfect solution to your problem as it makes the registration process super easy.
Voter registration deadlines are as follows:
|Online||30 days before Election Day|
|By Mail||Must be postmarked 30 days before Election Day|
|In Person||30 days before Election Day|
How to Cancel to Vote in Georgia
According to O.C.G.A. § 21-2-231 & 232 election rule, you are allowed to request to have your name removed from the voter's registration list. You are supposed to write, sign your request letter and address it to the county registrar in Georgia.
If your family member is deceased, you can fill out a secretary of State Voter Registration Cancellation form to remove them from the elector's registration in the state of Georgia.
How to Register to Vote in Georgia Using DoNotPay
Whether you need to register as a new voter, update your information, or cancel your vote in the state, DoNotPay can help. All you need to do is:
- Search "voter registration" on DoNotPay.
- Select whether you want to register to vote, change your voter information, cancel your registration, or verify your registration.
- Enter the state you want to register in (or are registered in) and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements. Answer a few questions about you to help us verify your identity and complete your application.
- Provide your signature and verify that your information is correct.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Solving your voter registration problem is one of the many solutions that DoNotPay can offer to you. DoNotPay can assist you:
- File a court claim against a company
- Lower asset taxes
- Solve neighbor claims
- Understand mailing services
- Aid with bills
- Find misplaced items
- Solve insurance claims
Do you want to register as a voter in Georgia? Sign up today and let us do it for you in a few clicks!