Helpful Hacks to Deal with Redwood Collections Debt Recovery
is a debt collection group that acts on behalf of a creditor company to help reduce their unpaid debts.
Suppose you have recently received a . They're probably contacting you on behalf of your lender. Or you probably don't owe such debt, and you've received the letter by mistake.
In either case, debt collectors are famed for harassing debtors to get them to settle their liability, which can cause you significant stress and take over every aspect of your life, even damaging your closest relationships. To mitigate this, you must understand your consumer rights and know how to protect yourself against unfair debt collection practices.
DoNotPay's Debt Help feature can support you in determining the validity of the debt collection agency contacting you. Further, you'll be guided through the following steps to either pay the debt or report the agency to a small claims court. DoNotPay provides its services fast, easy, and conveniently for your benefit.
Is Redwood Collections Debt Recovery a Scam?
Despite being known for sending out letters to the wrong people, is a genuine debt collection agency that works with many businesses in various industries across the UK, such as landlords, government departments, etc.
They aim to recover bad debts from debtors in place of financiers who aren't inclined to sever their working relationship with a customer.
What Are Redwood Collections Debt Recovery Agency Contact Details?
If you've received a letter from Redwood Collections, you can contact them via:
|Telephone||020 8080 3391|
|Office Address||Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon
CR0 0XZ, United Kingdom
What Happens if You Don't Pay Your Debt to Redwood Debt Recovery?
If you reside in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, Redwood Collections have probably contacted you. If that's the case, it's advisable to deal with debt immediately. Otherwise, Redwood Collections will keep phoning you and may even send its agents to your home.
The letter from Redwood Collections will have the requested total balance, plus charges on top. The longer the debt is not addressed, the more the penalties increase.
Has Redwood Collections Debt Recovery Violated Your Rights?
The work of debt collection agencies is to ensure you pay what you owe. However, there are guidelines put in place by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to protect you from harassment by debt collectors. The following actions are considered harassment:
- Calling your phone several times a day and at irregular hours (they're only allowed to phone you during the official working days and hours).
- An agency uses different debt collectors to pursue you for the same debt.
- A debt collector contacts you before your original creditor informs you they've recruited one. This counts as harassment.
- A debt collector contacts you via social media platforms, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- They are pressuring you to sell your assets to settle the debt.
It's essential to know your rights and identify what harassment looks like. If you're a victim of aggravation from a debt recovery agency, you should:
- Collect the evidence of harassment.
- Contact your creditor with that information.
- Finally, file an official complaint against the agency.
What Can I Do if a Redwood Collections Contacts Me?
If you've received a Letter Before Action (LBA) from the Redwood Collection Debt Recovery agency, don't panic. Here are a few things you can do to resolve the issue:
- Review the debt validation letter and verify:
- The amount owed
- The identity of the original creditor
- The cause of the debt
- The identity of the collector agency
- If you believe there's been a mistake and the debt doesn't belong to you, go ahead and file a debt verification request for proof of debt.
- Once the debt is verified, you could:
- Clear the total sum of debt, i.e., if you are in a position to. This is the most straightforward recommended resort.
- If you aren't in a position to pay off the debt, you could agree on a payment plan. Be sure to weigh your income against other expenses to agree on a payment plan you can manage. Defaulting after a pact can only lead to more problems for you.
- You could ignore the proof of debt and ask the debt collection agency to stop contacting you. This could, however, lead to the case being escalated with a lawsuit — County Court Judgement (CCJ).
- Get debt payment assistance.
Note that if the statute of limitations on the debt is close to expiring, you could wait it out until it's statute-barred and cannot be enforced in the courts. For your dues to be statute-barred, it has to meet the following:
- You should not have paid off any of the debt within the last six years
- You should not have acknowledged the arrears in the previous six years
- There should be no existing CCJ for the debt
Once your debt is statute-barred, you can contact debt charities, who'll provide you with template letters to send to Redwood Collections Debt Recovery explaining that the debt is statute-barred.
Get Debt Help With DoNotPay
Suppose you were recently contacted or harassed for months by Redwood Collection Debt Recovery agents. In that case, DoNotPay can help you determine whether they are compliant with debt collection laws.
After guiding you through a series of questions, we'll help you determine what course of action you should take and contact the debt collectors with a water-tight evidence demand letter on your behalf. If you choose to report the collection agency to a governing body instead, we'll file the complaint on your behalf.
DoNotPay takes on the bulk of the process, so you don't have to. Here's how to proceed:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
And that's it! Once you select the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We'll deliver your request directly to the agency via first-class mail, or automatically file your grievance with the applicable trade association or ombudsman.
Get More With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you deal with any debt collection agency, not just . With us, you can access the same services with other agencies, including:
- Moorcroft Debt Recovery
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Advantis Debt Collection
- Provident Loans
- Marston Group Holdings
- Lowell Financial
- Amigo Loans
Have a Problem? DoNotPay Has a Solution for It!
DoNotPay provides a platform for anyone to fairly fight corporations, sue any company/individual and beat bureaucracy, all from the comfort of your smartphone or laptop. You can take advantage of the following features:
- Get your documents notarized
- Find best deals for lower payday loans
- Hacks to craft the best financial aid appeal letter
- Guidelines for writing a police report
- File an inflation pay request
Don't be limited. today!