How to Appeal Your Redbridge Penalty Charge Notice in Seconds
To pay or not to pay? That is the question facing you now since you have been issued a Redbridge Council Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) for a recent parking contravention. Some of you may choose to pay the PCN immediately, and some may insist on an appeal.
Whatever the reason you choose to appeal, your chances of success are based on what you can prove. This post will explain the appeals process and how to use DoNotPay for a fast and easy solution to your Redbridge PCN.
Appealing Your Redbridge PCN on Your Own
Those wishing to pay the PCN to be done with the whole affair should follow these steps and be sure that;
- The issued PCN notice number is a ten-digit number that begins with the letters AF (if not your PCN was issued on a 'Red Route' by Transport of London or outside of Redbridge; please consult the proper authority)
- You have your vehicle registration number
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard and Switch/Maestro)
Those choosing to pay the PCN within the specified timeframe of 14 days can pay the reduced rate of 50% which is an incentive to pay and not appeal.
If you are to dispute your Redbridge PCN, you must present your appeal and any supporting documentation within 28 days of receiving the PCN. For example, if you were going to pay but the self-service meter/pay and display ticket machine you went to use for payment was down or out of order you might use this as grounds for an appeal. Take a photo or a short video of the down machine to support your case and present it with your appeal.
Your PCN is Time Sensitive
You cannot appeal a PCN beyond the 28-day timeframe. Because of the sensitive nature of the PCN timeframe, it may be in your best interest to call ahead and discuss the PCN with Redbridge Council.
|Redbridge Council PCN Details and Contact Information|
|Pay a PCN||Pay a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)|
|Review a PCN||Pay or review a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)|
|Parking Offences or Moving Traffic Offences||Redbridge - Bus Lane, Moving Traffic and Parking Penalty Charge Notices (PCN's)|
|Customer Services Telephone||020 8554 5000|
|Telephone Hours of Operation||Monday to Friday||8:00 am to 6:00 pm|
Get Your Appeal Started By;
- Write a formal statement as to why you feel the PCN should be dismissed
- Include your supporting evidence
- Include any information you feel relevant to your case
- Be certain to include a photocopy of the PCN or the reference number of the PCN as well as your vehicle registration number
This process is also known as a formal representation and must be followed if you receive your PCN through the mail. Mailed PCNs are a violation caught by CCTV cameras where your vehicle is identified by the license plate. That being said, there have been numerous occasions where someone has allowed a friend or relative to borrow the vehicle. This person then is caught via CCTV and you, not the other person receive the PCN leaving you held responsible for the payment of the appeal of the PCN.
Redbridge Rejected My Appeal... Now What?
If the Redbridge Council rejects your initial claim for appeal your parking ticket challenge does not have to end there. If you have received a PCN and appealed the PCN by formal representation and the formal representation has been rejected you do have one more option.
You can make your appeal to the Environment and Traffic Adjudicator (ETA) for an independent adjudicator to review your PCN appeal. The ruling by the independent parking adjudicator for the ETA is final and binding to both parties (you and the Redbridge Council) and based on that ruling you must then be in compliance with that decision.
When your appeal is rejected by Redbridge Council they will send you a letter informing you of their decision and a leaflet on ‘Your Right to Appeal Against the Council's Final Decision’ and a form entitled ‘Notice of Appeal’.
This form must be completed for the appeal to the Independent Parking Adjudicator and;
- You can only appeal to the adjudicator after your representation has been denied.
- You may choose to attend the hearing live or process it by post.
- You or the local authorities can claim costs provided the adjudicator finds that either of you has acted frivolously, vexatiously or wholly unreasonably. Compensate or damage will not be awarded.
- You must complete a follow-up to ensure the ETA has received your Notice of Appeal the ETA is not held responsible for notices not delivered to them.
If for any reason the appeals of your Redbridge PCN are not performed in these described steps in order your original PCN matter will revert back to Redbridge Council and an immediate and final decision will be applied to find no favour on your part. At that point, your PCN is due in full within 14 days and the applied increased amounts will be on your notice.
Calls outside of these hours including weekends will be answered by their out-of-hours service.
There is a Faster and Easier Way
Following the Redbridge Council PCN, representation, appeals, and adjudicator ruling is a lengthy time-consuming, and confusing process, to say the least. There is a much faster and easier way to appeal your Redbridge PCN by using the 'Parking Ticket UK' product from DoNotPay.
How to Get DoNotPay to Handle Your Redbridge PCN
The DoNotPay platform is ideal for your Redbridge Council PCN. DoNotPay cannot only level the playing field for you, but it can also do all the heavy lifting as well for your PCN appeal. DoNotPay knows how to send a properly worded appeal on your behalf.
Here’s How to Get Started:
DoNotPay can help you fight your parking ticket (again for UK users, we cannot mail the letter.)
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
It's really that simple! You can use the carefully crafted appeal letter to serve as your argument when you challenge your ticket.
Need a Bit of Proof About DoNotPay?
Take a look at this article from DailyMail about 160,000 successful parking ticket disputes facilitated by DoNotPay. Or this one describing the 250,000 people in London and New York that have used the DoNotPay lawyer-bot in a successful PCN outcome.
Is DoNotPay successful? Can DoNotPay handle my PCN troubles? Can I be the next success story by relying on DoNotPay for my Redbridge PCN? All answers lead to YES.
DoNotPay Can Do Way More Than a Redbridge PCN
There could be other issues in your life that DoNotPay has a fast and easy solution for.
Learn more about;
- Birmingham UK PCN
- Paying a PCN
- TFL PCN
- Timeframe for a PCN to be issued
- Islington PCN
- NYC parking tickets
- Seattle parking tickets
- San Jose parking tickets
- Chicago parking tickets
- Los Angeles parking tickets
Aside from Parking Tickets and Penalty Charge Notices, DoNotPay can also help you with a lot of other services such as:
- Missing Money
- City Repairs
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Car Lease Negotiation
- Dispute Seatbelt Tickets
- Filing a Complaint
What are you waiting for? Let DoNotPay appeal your Redbridge PCN today.