Get in Touch With an Inmate at Red Onion State Prison
Nestled in the western area of Virginia, the Red Onion State Prison is a supermax facility with a capacity to house around 800 prisoners. Most of these high-risk inmates are kept in isolation for 23 hours a day.
If you know an inmate at the Red Onion State Prison, they look forward to hearing from you and getting an occasional visit. You might find it difficult to get the contact info on your own and feel like you're wasting your time. The DoNotPay can help you stop spinning your wheels.
Where Is Red Onion State Prison Located?
Red Onion State Prison is located in Pound, Virginia, which is a rural location and a far distance from any major city, with Roanoke as the closest one. This facility opened in 1998 and served the most violent offenders in the state. Their general information is
|Physical Address||10800 H Jack Rose Hwy, Pound, VA 24279|
|General Contact Phone Number||(276) 796-7510|
|General Contact Website||https://vadoc.virginia.gov/facilities-and-offices/|
How to Contact Inmates at Red Onion State Prison
Inmates at the Red Onion State Prison can have visitors and receive mail. Due to the high level of security at this prison, inmates can only have visitors for four hours per month, and you need to schedule the visitation appointment by calling (276) 796-7510. You can also mail letters to:
Inmate Name, ID Number
Red Onion State Prison
P.O. Box 970
Pound, VA 24279
How to Send Money to Red Onion State Prison Inmates
Prisoners at the Red Onion State Prison can receive money, and you can send it in a variety of ways. If you need to send money in person, you can visit any storefront that offers MoneyGram. Online, by phone, or through the mail, you'll need to use JPay. JPay's phone number is (800)574-5729, or you can mail a money order to JPay, P.O. Box 278170, Miramar, FL 33027.
How to Send Packages to Red Onion State Prison Inmates
At the Red Onion State Prison, inmates aren't allowed to receive packages. However, you can mail greeting cards and photographs. It's important to note that the photos can't contain nudes or anything inappropriate.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved One in Red Onion State Prison
It can be difficult to contact a loved one at the Red Onion State Prison, and these can include:
- The rural location for visits and lack of places to spend the night in the area
- Receiving and making calls to an inmate can be expensive
- Due to the high security at the prison, inmates might be limited as to the times they can make phone calls
- Scheduling visitation and accommodating the limited hours
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
When you have a friend or family member located at the Red Onion State Prison, you know that they want to hear from you and receive a visit or letter. You may find yourself spinning your wheels if you try to connect with an inmate on your own. You don't have to go it alone. DoNotPay is ready to partner with you to contact your friend or relative.
In five easy steps, DoNotPay helps you locate or connect with an inmate at the Red Onion State Prison:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
DoNotPay Works Across all Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
While you can use DoNotPay to connect with an inmate at the Red Onion State Prison, the app can provide you with more inmate-related information. Here are some topics to check out:
- Write a prisoner
- Find a prison pen pal
- Arrange inmate visitation
- The best way to address a letter to an inmate
- Learn more about writing letters to an inmate
DoNotPay is your best option when you need to connect with a friend or family member incarcerated at the Red Onion State Prison.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help make your life easier in many ways. Here are a few to get you started:
- Get compensation from the companies behind those robocalls
- File the paperwork for small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- And others!
Contact your friend at the Red Onion State Prison today with DoNotPay!