How to Stop Red Castle Recoveries Debt Collectors Fast
If you owe money, debt collectors can frustrate and harass you to pay up. Are you getting harassing calls from ? If you are, this may be in direct violation of your consumer rights, and you can protect yourself against this unfair debt collection practice.
Most UK citizens do not know they can fight back against pesky debt collectors, especially if they violate the law. It is not easy for an individual to push back against a company, and most people end up bowing under pressure. An app like the AI-powered DoNotPay robot assistant can make it easy to fight back against these companies.
We can also assist you in dealing with other debt collection agencies like:
- Provident Loans
- Moorcroft Debt Recovery
- Advantis Debt Collection
- Marston Group Holdings
- DWP Debt Management
- Lowell Financial
- Amigo Loans
Read further to find out effective ways to deal with your debt and aggressive debt collectors.
Who Is 0845 245 2451, and Why Are They Calling Me?
Calls from 0845 245 2451 are from . This company is a debt collection company merged into one of the top debt recovery companies in the UK and Ireland- Arvato Financial Solutions Ltd.
The company may be calling you for various reasons:
- To collect your debt - Red Castle Recoveries may call you because they have bought off your debt and want you to pay up your debt promptly. They will ask you to pay the whole amount via debit/credit card or pay in instalments until you clear the amount.
- To get information - A common tactic by debt collectors is sending automated letters to potential people bearing the same names. The debt collector can identify who owes them and make plans to retrieve the money by making a call. A call from Red Castle is to gather more information about you, such as your income, expenditure, and valuable items you own; they can attach to pay off your debt.
- Intimidation - Follow-up calls are to intimidate you into paying the debt. Most people do not know that a debt collector should not enter your home, which means they get intimidated by these calls.
Red Castle Recoveries may harass you via persistent calls and mails. When Red Castle Recoveries bought your loan, the ultimate goal is to get the money back and this means they’ll do what it takes to make it happen.
Once Red Castle Recoveries contact you, you should not ignore them, whether you have a debt or not. Contact them to find out the debt details and if they have proof that you owe them. Not responding to Red Castle may hurt your credit score as the company will continue to chase after you and report your lack of cooperation in settling the debt.
However, Red Castle has to adhere to the Financial Conduct Authority code of conduct, or else you can sue them. Debt collectors are not allowed to:
- Make phone calls at unreasonable and odd times
- Call you at your workplace after you have asked them to stop
- Writing fake court letters
- Using industry jargon to confuse you deliberately
- Discuss your debt with others not concerned with your case, such as your employer
- Keeping up contact even when the debt is in dispute
Red Castle Recoveries Contact Details
You can contact Red Castle Recoveries in several ways:
|Phone||0845 245 2451|
|24 George Square, Glasgow, G2 1EG|
|Website||Red Castle Recoveries|
Is Red Castle Recoveries a Scam?
Red Castle Recoveries is a legitimate debt collection company. Call the original creditor to inquire about the company if you are unsure. Ask the debt collector for their details, such as their operating licence number, telephone number, and physical address.
What Happens If I Don't Pay My Debt?
Your debt is overdue if it remains unpaid for 90 days. If the debt is in dispute, contact the company and ask them to send you proof of the debt, such as the original contract. If you dispute the collection, ask the collection agency to leave you alone until they prove you owe them.
When Red Castle sends you a “Prove it” letter, they can take you to court if you do not respond within seven days. The court judgement is registered if you do not pay within 28 days, and judgement is enforced. Red Castle will give you some time to organise your payment plan. Contact them and inform them that you are working on options.
If you take too long to respond , they can sue you. When judgement is passed, the debt collector agency can come with court bailiffs to seize anything you own that is equivalent to the debt's value. Red Castle can also apply for a charging order or attach your earnings.
Alternative Ways to Resolve Customer Service Complaints
If Red Castle Recoveries does not respond satisfactorily, you have other options to resolve the dispute. These include:
ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) Schemes with the FCA
ADR is dispute resolution between traders and consumers without going to court. The FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) has a code that all debt collectors should adhere to. The FCA does not take up single cases, but they can revoke Red Castle's authorisation to impose fines. Remind the debt collection agency that a breach of this code could revoke their authorisation.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If you have an issue with Red Castle Recoveries, you can also report it to the Financial Ombudsman. The Ombudsman investigates complaints against private and public organisations. Before reporting to the Ombudsman, you must:
- Contact Red Castle and wait for their response. If no response is forthcoming for over 8 weeks, file a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman.
- Wait for Red Castle to send you a Deadlock letter.
After making a complaint, the Ombudsman should get back to you within ten days. You should complain if:
- The debt is not yours
- The amount demanded is erroneous
- The collection agent is constantly contacting you
- You have a financial crisis, and red Castle is unhelpful
- Their debt is not enforceable
Small Claims Court
The maximum a small claims court can handle in Wales and England is £10,000. The courts do not have a fixed amount but operate on a set of rules that help to decide the case.
Get Debt Collection Help With DoNotPay!
If Red Castle demands a debt payment, DoNotPay can help determine the debt's legitimacy and determine if they have not violated any of your rights as a debtor. After you’ve answered a few quick questions, we'll help decide what to do next.
We can contact the debt collector via a demand letter or if you opt to report the agency, we can file a complaint on your behalf.
You can kickstart the process by doing the following steps:
- Search for "debt collection" on DoNotPay's website.
- Answer some questions about the debt collectors, such as when and how they made first contact. This helps to determine if they violated the debt collection codes.
- Decide what to do based on our guidelines, such as demanding to eRed Castle to stop contacting you, filing a debt verification request, or reporting the agency to a trade association.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is not limited to assisting you with your debt issues. Here are only a few of the other services that you can enjoy with the help of our AI-powered lawyer:
- How to sue any company in a small claims court
- How to protect yourself from identity theft
- Enjoy free trials
- Increase your credit limit
- Get help with bills
- File an HR complaint
- How to earn airline compensation
- How to contact an inmate
- How to schedule a DMV appointment
- How to protect yourself from Identity theft
and discover how to make your life easier!