How To Recover A Hacked Hotmail Account
It is not unusual to forget your email password. Additionally, answering security questions to recover your account may be a challenge at such a time. Do not fret because there is a way to recover your account when that happens.
It is also worth mentioning that Outlook and Hotmail are children of the parent company, Microsoft, and both are popular email services. In that case, the process of accessing these accounts is similar to that of recovering a Microsoft account.
Tips for Recovering Your Hotmail Account
Recover Your Hotmail Account by Restoring Your Blocked Hotmail Account
Your Hotmail account may get blocked on rare occasions. That can happen for various reasons, including violating Hotmail terms and conditions by sending multiple spam emails. When that happens, follow the steps below to restore your blocked Hotmail account.
- Visit the password reset form.
- Enter the email address of your Hotmail account.
- Type the captcha.
- Click "Next."
- Enter the code you receive on your authenticator or any other forms of methods you choose.
- After successfully verifying the code, resetting your password will be possible, which will, in turn, unblock your Hotmail account.
Change the Password When Logged In to Recover Your Hotmail Account
Probably, you are wondering why you need so many steps to change a password every once in a while. Well, the reason is that Hotmail takes things seriously. As such, there is a need to consider the possibility that there may be keyloggers, malware, hackers, or people using social engineering to change your password.
That, in turn, locks you out of your Hotmail account in a heartbeat. Below are steps to change your Hotmail password while logged in.
- Ensure you are logged to the correct Hotmail account if you have several of them.
- Visit Microsoft Security. If you do not trust links, click on your profile icon in the upper right corner. After that, click on "My Microsoft Account" and then "Security."
- Check the "Change Password" link in the upper left corner and click on it.
- You will be directed to a page where you "Verify Your Identity."
- For the next step, choosing to use an alternative email address or receive an SMS to the phone number linked to your account is recommended.
- If you choose the SMS option, you will be required to enter the last four digits of your phone number.
- Enter the 7-digit authentication code you receive as an SMS into the empty text field. *Note that Microsoft generates a new 25-character code, split into five chunks of 5 characters.
- Microsoft will prompt you to download an app for your smartphone to save your fingerprint. This is a great Hotmail account recovery alternative when you lose your phone number or password.
- Click on "Get It Now" or "No Thanks."
- If you choose the latter, you will be directed to the "Change Your Password" screen.
- Enter your current Hotmail password once and the new one twice. You can use a password generator to get a complex password to ensure maximum security.
- Ticking the checkbox in front of "Make me change my password every 72 days" allows you to improve your security habits. Note that this is optional.
- Click on the Save button.
Recover Your Hotmail Account by Contacting Hotmail Customer Support
If you have tried the options above or any other without success, consider contacting Microsoft directly. Remember that your old recovery code is still valid if you cannot reset your password, and it's time to dig it out and use it when this is the case.
How Do You Recover Your Gaming Account Using DoNotPay?
Follow the simple steps below to recover your gaming account when using DoNotPay.
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
Reasons for Using DoNotPay to Recover Your Gaming Account
- Easy – Keeping track of all the steps involved in recovering your gaming account and filling out tedious forms will be unnecessary when using DoNotPay.
- Successful – DoNotPay offers you the necessary guidance to make the process a success.
- Fast – You save a lot of time by choosing to use DoNotPay.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Allows you to sue anyone in small claims court
- Helps you to appeal a banned account
- Offers assistance when filing a complaint against any organization
- It addresses copyright protection issues
- Allows you to cancel any service or subscription
DoNotPay can also help with the following.
The steps above can help you recover your Hotmail account if you cannot access it for any reason. Additionally, signing up with DoNotPay today will come in handy, especially when you want to recover your gaming account.