Get Puget Sound Collections Off Your Credit Report Instantly
Few things are worse than applying for credit only to discover that your credit score is far lower than you anticipated. Countless consumers have a hard time securing mortgage and auto loans due to reporting errors and other mistakes made on the part of collection agencies. If you have an entry from on your credit report that's inaccurate or that violates your consumer rights in other ways, DoNotPay can help you get it removed.
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), debt collection agencies are legally required to report consumer information correctly. The FCRA also places a number of important restrictions on how companies like Puget Sound Collections can attempt to collect debts. It additionally outlines important steps that every collection agency must take when taking over a delinquent account, and before collection activities are started. The Clear Credit Report product from DoNotPay is designed to help consumers both learn their rights and take the necessary actions for boosting their purchasing power.
What Is Puget Sound Collections?
Headquartered in Tacoma, Washington, is a professional debt collection agency that's been operational since 1960. Puget Sound Collections provides collection services on behalf of companies within a diverse range of industries including:
- Property management
- Financial services
- Utility services
- Court services
- Professional and commercial services
If you have an entry from Puget Sound Collections on your credit report, it's likely due to unpaid charges with a property rental company, unpaid utility bills, unpaid court fees, or unpaid medical bills. Moreover, the company to which this money is owed is in the Puget Sound/Western Washington region.
The good news is that you shouldn't have to do a lot of guesswork when it comes to determining where your debt came from. Like all other collection agencies, Puget Sound Collections is legally obligated to provide you with a debt validation letter before any collection activities are started. This letter should include:
- The name of the creditor
- The amount that you owe
- Details on how to dispute the debt
Debt validation must be submitted within just five days of initial contact. Once a debt validation letter is received, you have 30 days to submit a credit dispute. If a debt validation letter is never supplied, this is considered a serious infraction on the part of the collection agency.
How to Dispute an Entry From Puget Sound Collections on Your Credit Report
The first step in disputing an entry from Puget Sound Collections on your credit report is contacting this company directly. You can do so by phone, by email, or in writing. However, no matter how you submit your demands or inquiries, it's always best to keep a written record of all communications. Debt collectors legally have 30 days to respond to credit disputes.
If Puget Sound Collections does not issue an acceptable response after this time, you can contact the three major credit reporting bureaus: Transunion, Experian, and Equifax. If you dispute a debt from Puget Sound Collections before it is reported, the debt cannot be added to your credit report. If you dispute a debt after it has been reported, the debt in question must be reported as disputed.
Reasons to Dispute an Entry From Puget Sound Collections on Your Credit Report
There are many legitimate reasons for disputing an entry on your credit report from Puget Sound. You may want to send a credit dispute letter to this company if:
- They've reported an account as open and it's already been closed
- They're charging you more than you believe you owe
- They're charging you more than you believe they can lawfully charge
- They did not send you a debt verification letter
- The debt verification letter you received is missing key details
- The personally identifying information on your credit report is incorrect
- You don't believe that this debt belongs to you
Contact Information for Puget Sound Collections
Following are the contact details for Puget Sound Collections:
|Tacoma Office Address||738 Broadway
Tacoma, WA 98402-3777
|Seattle Office Address||10740 Meridian Ave N.
Seattle, WA 98133-9005
|Phone Number||(800) 922-8932|
Sue Puget Sound Collections for an Unresolved Credit Dispute
If Puget Sound Collections doesn't respond to your inquiries or complaints in a timely fashion, you have the legal right to sue this company. Taking legal action against Puget Sound Collections may be the best choice if:
- They're unclear about who the original creditor was
- They have reported and are demanding an amount that isn't supported by the original funding agreement or law
- They refuse to correct obvious reporting issues
Suing companies like Puget Sound Collections is easiest when you use the DoNotPay Sue Now product. You may be able to win as much as $1,000 per infraction that Puget Sound Collections has made, as well as legal bills, damages, and any other costs that you've incurred as the result of taking legal action.
Next Steps if You Can't Solve the Problem With Puget Sound Collections by Yourself
When Equifax, Experian, and Transunion don't take timely action on your behalf, and if Puget Sound Collections never responds to your demands or inquiries in a suitable way, you should contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau can offer federal assistance in instances like these. You can submit a complaint to the CFPB. You can also contact them by phone at (855) 411-2372.
Use DoNotPay to Get Puget Sound Collections Removed From Your Credit Report
Most consumers who are looking to remove entries from their credit reports are anxious to see quick results. You might be waiting to apply for a home mortgage loan, a car loan, or an apartment. You may even be preparing to apply for a new job and want to make the best possible impression when undergoing pre-employment screening.
Sadly, it takes time for credit reporting bureaus to update their records. Moreover, it can take weeks or even months for some collection agencies to take action. Even working with the CFPB or taking your case to small claims court can be time-consuming. It is always far better to let DoNotPay handle the matter instead.
How to Clean Up Your Credit Report Using DoNotPay
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more!
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve the Problem?
DoNotPay is an invaluable source of financial and legal information. With DoNotPay, you can quickly find out how to:
- Remove inquiries from your credit report
- Remove late payments from your credit report
- Draft an effective credit dispute letter
- Dispute credit report entries that are inaccurate
If you want to fix your credit score, DoNotPay will help you get the job done. Not only can you get accurate and up-to-date information on credit repair, but you'll also get help in taking the most appropriate actions for your circumstances. When it comes to improving your consumer credit profile and boosting your purchasing power, DoNotPay is always the best resource to use.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies and Entities With One Click
Like most consumers, when you're ready to be proactive about improving your credit score, you likely need to contact multiple collection agencies and credit reporting bureaus. These efforts can take a tremendous amount of time on your own. Fortunately, DoNotPay works across all companies and entities with a single click. As such, the DoNotPay Clean Credit Report product can help you deal with many different reporting issues within mere minutes.
Other Problems DoNotPay Can Help You Resolve
Whether you want to remove from your credit report or improve your credit score overall, DoNotPay is built to solve problems. As the world's first AI-driven robot lawyer, it's an excellent tool for getting things done fast. With DoNotPay, you can:
- Put a stop to spam texts from email addresses
- Get a free virtual credit card to mask your own payment information
- Submit financial aid appeal letters
- Get help with your unpaid bills
- Cancel unwanted subscriptions without paying any penalties
Get started by subscribing to DoNotPay today!