How to Stop Harassment from Property Debt Collection Easily
Property Debt Collection LTD or PDC is a UK-based company that collects outstanding debt service charges and other ground arrears on behalf of management companies. In this case, if you have defaulted on any of your service charges, except property debt collection contact you, requiring you to settle it.
When Property debt collectors reach out to you, you must not accept the debt until they provide a debt verification form. Sometimes Property debt collectors might violate your rights in their move to get you to pay your debt. If your rights are violated, you should sue the company and have your rights back.
Filing a complaint against the Property Debt Collection agency is not a walk in the park, You will be required to gather and provide enough evidence which can be time-consuming. Luckily, DoNotPay has created a Debt Collection service that can help you fight debt collectors in less than 120 seconds! Read on to learn more.
What Is Property Debt Collection’s Phone Number and Why Are They Calling You?
Property Debt Collection may call you through the number 01992 449 403. They could be reaching out to you for any of the following reasons:
- To ask for payment for a debt you owe
- To locate a friend or family member, they believe you know
- To inform you that your debt has been sold. The company can sell the debt to another collection agency if their collection time is over
- To negotiate or make out a payment arrangement that will work for you
We recommend that you answer their call or post, if only to validate the debt that they are asking of you to settle. Do not disclose anything until you have written proof confirming your debt.
|Address||Property Debt Collection Ltd
Sherwood House, 5 Bluecoats Avenue, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 1PB
|Contact Form||Get in touch with PDC|
|Phone||01992 449 403|
|Fax||01992 449 404|
|Operating Hours||Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm|
How Can Property Debt Collection Violate Your Rights?
In accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority and the FTA or Fair Trading Act, there are certain actions that are not allowed when trying to recover debt from the debtor. You must be aware of these restrictions for your own protection.
Property Debt Collection is violating your rights if they are:
- Threatening to harm you
- Using abusive language when demanding payment
- Threatening to arrest you, which is illegal since the Property Debt collection agency cannot issue arrest warrants and can't have you put in jail
- Publishing information about your debts
- Asking you to make payment for a debt you don't recognize
- Coming to your workplace
- Calling you before 8 a.m. and after 9 p.m.
- Giving false information about the debt you owe
- Taking part in unfair practices like charging more than what is allowed by the state
What Happens if You Don't Pay Your Debt?
Consequences of failing to pay your debt to Property Debt Collection include;
- Your debt is sent to a collection agency
- Property debtor collectors will contact you
- Your credit history and score will be negatively affected
- Your owed debt will haunt you for years
Can You Get Debt Payment Assistance in the UK?
It’s not embarrassing to admit that you simply are incapable of settling your debt at the moment. Asking for help can actually lead you to finding the best way to attain financial freedom.
You can get debt payment assistance in the UK through:
- Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA). This is a binding agreement that offers you protection from unsecured creditors for 60 months. After this period, leftover debts are written off, leaving you debt-free.
- Debt management plan. You can make affordable monthly repayments to a counselling agency. Here, the counsellors may also negotiate with your creditors to lower interest rates.
- Debt Relief Orders. This is available for those people with disposable income
- Reduction of mortgage with a loan modification.
- Asking for help from a Consumer Credit Counselling Agency in money management education, housing counselling, and referrals to agencies that can also assist you.
- Looking for debt relief by applying for a debt consolidation loan. This will help you convert multiple debts into a single loan.
How Do You Make Payment to Property Debt Collection?
In any case that you have verified that the debt you were being contacted for is actually yours and you have agreed to pay, you may do so through any of the following ways
- Mail your send check through the mail with a return receipt.
- Use a credit card, including a MasterCard or a Visa card.
- Direct deposit using a certified cheque.
- Do it online.
Protect Yourself From Property Debt Collection Harassment Using DoNotPay
If the Property Debt Collection agency calls to collect a debt from you, you should not make a move until they provide a debt verification letter. If you own the debt, you should keep in touch with them and strike an agreement to pay the debt.
If the debt is not yours, you have a legal right to ask Property Debt collectors to get their debt out of your credit card report. Suppose they are adamant about removing it, you can sue them in a court of law to have your case resolved. However, the process can be time-consuming and hectic and might require providing evidence to support your claim. You don't have to worry since DoNotPay has a perfect solution to your problem through its Debt Collection product.
You can get started with the following steps:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
What Other Solutions Can DoNotPay Offer?
DoNotpay can protect you from being harassed by other debt collection agencies as well. Here are a few of them:
- Amigo Loans
- Provident Loans
- Lowell Financial
- Marston Group Holdings
- DWP Debt Management
- Moorcroft Debt Recovery
- Advantis Debt Collection
We are not limited to assisting with debt collections. DoNotPay can also help you with:
- Breaking your lease
- Finding unclaimed money
- Cancelling any subscription or service
- Getting help with your bills
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Increasing your credit limit
- Filing a complaint against any company
- Paying bills online
- Enjoying free trials without the risk of getting charged when it expires
Sign up today and explore our seemingly endless list of legal services that will not hurt your budget.