How To File Progressive Insurance Claims and Save Your Money Fast
Progressive Corporation is an American insurance company. It was founded in 1937 and is now one of the largest car insurance providers in the States.
The company provides auto insurance for cars, boats, RVs, motorcycles, and commercial vehicles. They also provide home insurance through selected companies.
If you have auto insurance, it will cover all the damages and expenses in case you get into an accident. Don’t let the administration and paperwork scare you. DoNotPay can help you file insurance claims in the blink of an eye!
What Does the Progressive Auto Insurance Cover?
Car insurance coverage differs depending on the state and your needs, with liability coverage being mandatory in 49 states. Medical payments, uninsured motorist coverage, and personal injury protection are also required in some states.
You can find the main coverage options that Progressive offers in the table below:
|Progressive Insurance Coverage||Coverage Details|
|It protects you in case you are responsible for the accident. It pays for medical bills for someone else’s injuries and property damages you cause while driving.|
|In case of an accident, medical payments can be used for medical bills or funeral expenses. They can also cover the medical bills of your family members or other passengers. Medical payments will be useful if you are a passenger or get hit by a car while walking or riding a bike.|
|If you collide with a tree, fence, or another vehicle, it will cover the necessary vehicle repairs or replacements.|
|It will protect you in case of unexpected and uncontrolled events, like fire, theft, vandalism, hitting an animal, or natural disasters.|
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
|If the at-fault driver has limited or no insurance, it will pay for your and your passengers’ medical bills or vehicle damages.|
Progressive insurance offers some additional car insurance coverages, including:
- Loan/lease payoff
- Rideshare coverage
- Roadside assistance
- Deductible savings bank
- Rental car reimbursement
- Custom parts and equipment value
What Do I Need for Filing Progressive Car Insurance Claims?
When filing an insurance claim, the insurer will ask you certain questions, so it is best to gather all the necessary information beforehand. Here is what you’ll need:
- Accident details, such as time, date, location, and weather condition
- Name, phone number, address, and insurance policy number of the policyholder
- Names of other people involved in the accident
- Photos of the damaged vehicles
- Copy of the police accident report
How To File Progressive Auto Insurance Claims on Your Own
Once you gather all the information, you can file your insurance claim. There are three ways to file a Progressive insurance claim:
- Via phone
- Through the app
Filing Progressive Auto Insurance Claims Online
To file a Progressive auto insurance claim online, you should:
- Visit the official website
- Log in to your account
- Go to the Claims section
- Click on the Auto tab
- Answer questions about the accident
- Provide your personal information and policy number
- Submit your claim
- Wait for the insurer to contact you
Filing Progressive Auto Insurance Claims via Phone
If you choose to file your insurance claim over the phone, you should have all the information on hand as the insurer will need them right away. Here is what you need to do:
- Call a representative at 1-800-776-4737
- Tell the claims specialist that you want to submit an insurance claim
- Provide details about the accident
- Give your personal information and your policy number
- Follow their instructions to submit a claim
Filing Progressive Auto Insurance Claims Through the App
To file your car insurance claim using the app, you should:
- Download the Progressive App
- Create the account or log in if you have one already
- Start reporting the claim by giving personal information
- Provide the details about your insurance policy
- Answer some questions about the accident
- Submit the claim
- Wait for the company to contact you with further information
Use DoNotPay To File the Progressive Auto Insurance Claim Fast
Insurance companies are known for doing everything in their power to avoid covering bills. Even if you manage to go through the overwhelming process of filing a claim, chances are they’re going to reject it.
With DoNotPay, filing insurance claims is a piece of cake! We came up with a practical tool that takes a couple of clicks to file any insurance claim. Our Insurance Claims feature will help you file a claim for any of the following:
- Medical insurance
- Auto insurance, including third-party claims
- Home and property insurance
- Unemployment insurance
To file the Progressive auto insurance claim, you should:
- Access DoNotPay from a web browser
- Type the insurance type in the search field
- Enter the necessary information, like your contact details and policy number
- Describe the problem and provide details of the accident
We will file the claim on your behalf. The company may contact you via phone or email, provided they have any further questions.
DoNotPay Is an Ultimate Money-Saving Assistant
Our app can help you manage bills that are too high to pay, but there are plenty of other money-saving possibilities out there we can help you with.
We can also help you get your college application fees waived, file any insurance or warranty claims, locate unclaimed funds in your name, or earn some extra cash from paid clinical trials in your area.
No More Risky Free Trials With DoNotPay
With our virtual credit card, you can sign up for any service without worrying about unwanted charges. DoNotPay will even provide you with a random email address, which will help keep your inbox clean from spam emails from the company.