How to Analyze ProBoards' Terms of Service Fast
ProBoards is a free forum hosting service that allows your community to hold discussions in a simple, fun, and exciting way. Like any other online company, ProBoards has its Terms of Service (TOS) that users must follow strictly. Breaching the TOS could lead to banning from the website accompanied by heavy fines.
According to research, only 26% of people signing up to websites bother to read the Terms of Service. Since most companies know this, they conceal clauses that violate your rights or are against the law, and you end up accepting them without knowing it. While it's too hectic to read through the ProBoards TOS, it's important to do so, paying attention to important clauses.
DoNotPay's Analyze TOS product takes away the hassle of reading through the Terms of Service of any company and scans them for you. If there are any violations, DoNotPay will help draft a demand letter for compensation.
ProBoards' Terms of Service
ProBoards offers its users a forum or message board where their website users can discuss by posting their messages on the message board. Anyone can create a forum page on ProBoards and have the forum page ready in a few seconds.
- ProBoards tracks your information using cookies, tracking tools, and other automated technologies whenever you use the internet. See here.
- Third-party advertising partners may also track you on other websites. See here.
- ProBoards may use your information or content posted publicly for commercial purposes to advertise to others. See here.
- ProBoards may sell your information to a Third-party, but you can opt-out by filling out the Do Not Sell my Information form.
- Agreeing to the TOS means that you assume all risk and waive any responsibility from the company.
These Terms of Service were updated and effected on December 16, 2021.
What Information Does ProBoards Collect from Me
ProBoards collect information in different categories. These categories are explained in the table below.
|Information you voluntarily provide||You provide this information while registering on the website or other services offered on the website. This could include your name, email, phone number, street address, date of birth, or city.|
|Public Content on the website||When you post or upload any public content on ProBoards, you provide that information to ProBoards through your profile.|
|Payment information||If you make any payment to ProBoards, the company may send to third-party vendors like Stripe information related to the financial transaction, such as your credit or debit card information and billing address.|
|Device/Internet Connection Information||When you use the Website, ProBoards will automatically gather information made available by your web browser (such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome), internet service provider (such as Comcast or Cox), and device (such as your computer, phone, tablet, or fitness tracker), depending on your settings for each.|
|Internet Activity Information||ProBoards may collect information about your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Website and can use this information for third-party advertising.|
|Geo-location Information||ProBoards may collect information about where you are located, both generally and at the time you access the website.|
|Protected Class Information||Due to the specific nature of ProBoards' services, you may be asked for your age or be given the option to provide information about your gender.|
|Other Information||ProBoards may collect other information from you from time to time, such as when you claim a prize according to a contest or other promotion run on the Website, when you request assistance through our customer service department, or when you voluntarily subscribe to promotions, reminders, or newsletters.|
How to Analyze ProBoards' TOS on Your Own
However boring it is, you should read through the Terms of Service and analyze them carefully. Here are some things to look out for when reading them.
- How the company will use your information, especially if they are affiliated with third parties.
- ALL CAPS sections
- Waivers and releases
- Opting out
How DoNotPay Can Analyze Terms of Service
DoNotPay's Analyze Terms of Service product was created to help everyday consumers identify legal violations quickly and successfully receive any compensation they're entitled to. You don't have to struggle through this process alone.
How to Analyze ProBoards' Terms of Services with the Help of DoNotPay
All you have to do is:
- Go to the Analyze Terms and Services product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the website domain you would like to scan.
- Wait for DoNotPay to identify any legal violations on the website (it should only take a few seconds!) If there are violations, proceed to drafting a demand letter.
- Enter how much you want to receive in compensation and the company name.
- Enter your contact information so the company can contact you.
And that's it! DoNotPay will generate a demand letter on your behalf with every legal violation we identified that you could send to the company. If they don't comply with your demand for compensation, you can escalate the case to Small Claims Court using our Sue Now product.
What Other Companies Does DoNotPay Work With?
Nearly any company that has terms of service agreement can be held accountable by DoNotPay. In addition to WP Engine, our product works with some of the most popular and widely used companies, including:
Why Use DoNotPay to Analyze ProBoards' TOS
- Fast – DoNotPay scans the website's TOS within seconds and gives you the report right away.
- Easy – you'll only need to submit the company's official website domain, and that's it. DoNotPay will scan it for you.
- Successful – With DoNotPay, you can be sure of a successful compensation demand to the company in case of violation of terms.