How to Write Letters to an Inmate in Potosi Correctional Center
Potosi Correctional Center is located near Mineral Point, Missouri, in unincorporated Washington county. The facility is a mixed-security prison that houses around 900 minimum, medium, and maximum security adult males. As part of the maximum-security facility, Potosi houses inmates on death row.
There are also 46 beds in the SNU or Special Needs Unit dedicated to inmates who are developmentally disabled. Inmates in Potosi Correctional Center can complete basic education and earn their GED in addition to vocational courses.
Sending mail to an inmate in Potosi Correctional Center requires a precise and careful method. If you've had trouble finding an incarcerated friend or establishing a reliable way to trade letters. DoNotPay can help.
Potosi Correctional Center Contact Information
Letters to prisoners are addressed in a specific way. Knowing the location of the Potosi Correctional Center can help you confirm that your letters are going to the right place. The contact information for Potosi Correctional Center encompasses the minimum, medium, and maximum security wings of the prison. The warden is Paul Blair, and the chaplain is Mark Wilkinson.
|Physical Address||11593 State Highway O
Mineral Point, MO 63660
|Phone Number||(573) 438-6000|
|Website||Potosi Correctional Center Website|
How to Send Letters to Inmates at Potosi Correctional Center
Sending Mail and Packages to a Potosi Inmate
The way you address a letter to a prisoner is very important for them to receive your letter.
- Inmate Mailing Address
- Inmate Name, DOC Number, and Housing Unit
Potosi Correctional Center
11593 State Highway O
Mineral Point, MO 63660
The Rules for Mailing Letters to Inmates of Potosi Correctional Center
Writing letters to inmates have very precise protocols. If you don't know your friend's DOC number, their housing unit, or conform to the strict envelope rules, your message won't be delivered even if it reaches the prison mail system.
Photographs must be sent in a separate envelope from letters.
What You Can’t Mail:
- Prohibited Envelopes
- No Bubble or padded envelopes
- No envelopes with writing or drawings allowed on the outside
- Prohibited EnvelopeContents
- Money orders
- Most non-paper substances
- Photo-frames, albums, or plastic photo covers
- Stamped envelopes
Sending Packages to a Potosi Inmate
Like most US prisons, handpicked packages will not be accepted. However, you can send commercial packages directly to an inmate.
- Greeting cards must be within 8.5" x 11"
- No mechanical greeting cards, ribbons, strings, or metal pieces are permitted. No handmade cards made of glued or taped layers will be delivered.
- Greeting cards and postcards must be signed in ink.
- Permitted Content
- 5 Sheets of enclosed written content
- Letters or news clippings, but photos in a separate envelope
- Up to 8.5" x 11"
- Non-Permitted Content
- No sexually explicit writing
- No nude images
- No song lyrics with parental advisory
- No tattoo patterns
- No gang depictions
Sending Money to a Potosi Correctional Center Inmate
How do you provide money to someone in Potosi Correctional Center? Potosi, like most US prisons, will handle payments through JPay. However, if you don't want to use that service, you can also send a money order or cashier's check to be deposited in the prisoner's account.
- Payment Types
- Cashier's Check
- Money Order
- Payable To
- The Missouri Department of Corrections
- DOC deposit slip
- Filled out completely in blue or black ink
- Addressed to
- Offender Finance Office Missouri Department of Corrections P.O. Box 1609 Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Offender Finance Office at 573-526-6445
How to Visit Potosi Correctional Center Inmates
Visiting hours in Potosi Correctional Center are Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM, then from 2:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
Visitors must first fill out a visitor application and pass a background check approval.
To visit, all adults need a current photo ID, federal or state. Minors 13 and over are required to show their current school ID or alternate federal or state photo ID.
What to Wear/Bring for Visitation at Potosi Correctional Center
- Must be covering and modest, no shoulders or stomachs.
- Clothes are not too tight, transparent, or revealing.
- No inflammatory symbols or language, including gang or camouflage designs.
- Skirts; wrap and slit not permitted. Must be no further than 2" above the kneecap.
- Undergarments and shoes at all times. No wire supports.
- No headwear except for religious purposes is subject to search.
- Coins for the vending machine in a clear sandwich bag
- Infant Supplies
- One blanket
- Three clear plastic bottles of infant beverage
- One clear no-spill toddler cup
- Three unopened vendor containers of baby food (vacuum-sealed jars)
- One plastic pacifier, teether, or rattle
- One small plastic spoon
- One unopened package of baby wipes
How do you call a prisoner in Potosi Correctional Center? Prison phone calls in Missouri are through Securus, a phone provider that processes collect, debit, and pre-paid calls from prisoners. You cannot call a prisoner, but prisoners can call you if they have a phone account set up.
Why Is It So Hard to Contact an Inmate in Potosi Correctional Center?
It's not uncommon for friends and family to have trouble contacting an inmate. In order to reach your loved one, you will need to know their prisoner ID and their specific housing unit, which can change without warning. This requires a prisoner lookup, perhaps each time you want to mail a letter, to make sure your mail gets to them.
There are also very strict rules about how mail can be sent to prisoners - how much and what can go in specific types and sizes of envelopes. Any oversight can result in your mail not reaching your friend in Potosi.
DoNotPay simplifies the process, however, with prisoner lookup and mail handling to reduce mistakes and ensure two-way communication.
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
- Inmate ID and Location Search
- Print and Mail Compliance-Ready Letters
- Open a Digital Mailbox to Send and Receive
Keeping in touch with imprisoned friends should be easy, so DoNotPay designed a suite of features to make it easy. The first step is a comprehensive prison lookup. Tell us the first and last name of your friend and the state they are incarcerated in, and we'll find out everything you need to send them a letter - including their location, prisoner ID number, and housing unit.
From there, you can write digital letters and upload attachments. Then we'll print and envelope precisely in compliance with the prison policies - so it will reach your friend every time. No issues with addressing or envelope size to worry about.
Finally, we'll set up an online inbox paired with a receiving address that prisoners can write back to. We'll digitize the letters, so you have an online mailbox to send and receive letters with your incarcerated friend.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is dedicated to making every day difficult tasks easy. In addition to contacting your friend in the Potosi Correctional Center. There's a need for most of the obstacles and extra fees in life, so we're here to help you avoid them. Here are just a few of our dozens of services to make your life easier.
- Fast and easy customer services
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Schedule a DMV appointment
- Applying for clinical trials
- Copyright infringement
- Delayed and canceled flight refunds
- Stop robocalls
- Manage credit cards
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Refunds and chargebacks
- Sign up for free trials without paying
- Lawsuits in small claims court
- Parking tickets
- Contact an imprisoned friend
- Signing up for services without a phone
- Stop spam email
- Avoiding text spam
- Deal with problematic bills
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
DoNotPay can help you find your loved one incarcerated in Potosi Correctional Center, then establish a reliable two-way channel of communication, writing and receiving letters through a digital mailbox.