Get Portage County, Ohio Death Records Without the Hassle
When a family member, a loved one or a close friend passes away, it is naturally a devastating experience. It can be even more difficult if you need to complete some processes before managing the whole situation. Unfortunately, some legal documents, including the death certificate, can be required for presenting to the necessary authority.
Obtaining Portage County, Ohio death records may seem simple but dealing with legal processes at such a difficult time can make the task a burden. It is important to find a helping hand in handling the request for a certified copy of the death certificate as you mourn your loved one.
At DoNotPay, we understand the importance of providing a helping hand at such moments. We can help you mourn your loved one without worrying about getting death records.
DoNotPay can also answer related concerns such as:
- How to get a death certificate?
- How long does it take to get a death certificate?
- What is the purpose of a death certificate?
- How many copies of the death certificate do you need?
- What is a fetal death certificate?
- Who needs a death certificate when a loved one dies?
The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Death Certificate Copy
There are two types of Portage County, Ohio death records. Although both documents contain information about the deceased, there are significant differences in each document.
Informational Death Certificate
An informational death certificate copy contains basic information about the deceased, including place, date, and time of death. You can use this copy to process a legal matter or carry out a financial transaction.
Authorized Death Certificate
In addition to the data on the informational certificate, an authorized death certificate may contain information about the cause of death. You may need this document to prove the deceased's identity in certain legal matters and insurance issues.
Who Can Get a Death Certificate Copy in Portage County?
It is worth noting that Ohio is an open record state, and essential records such as birth and death certificates are considered public records in all its counties including Portage County.. Therefore, anyone with valid basic facts about the deceased can request a death certificate.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Death Certificate Copy in Portage County, Ohio?
When your family member passes away, you will need to execute certain processes. Whether closing their accounts, selling assets, or transferring funds, the family must obtain a certified death certificate from concerned authorities.
One copy may not be enough to execute all necessary activities in most cases. The cost of one certified death certificate is $20 and $3 for additional copies.
How Long Does It Take to Get Portage County, Ohio Death Records?
It is important to understand that all death certificates in Ohio are processed in portage county. Therefore, it can be frustrating if you expect to apply and get the certificate in two days. However, you can rest assured that you can have the document within two weeks.
What Documents Do I Need to Get Portage County, Ohio Death Records?
Although anyone can get a death certificate in Ohio, you would need to provide the necessary documents to get the death certificate of your loved one successfully. These documents include:
- A photocopy of the deceased valid photo id
- Driver's license
- State identification card
- Military identification card
All requests for copies received through regular mail are processed the same day the request is received.
How to Get a Copy of Death Certificate in Portage County, Ohio Death Records by Yourself
After gathering all the necessary documentation, you can apply for a copy of the death certificate on your own at the Portage County Ohio Death Records efficiently. You can use two main options depending on what you perceive convenient.
|By Mail||Submit your notarized application along with the correct charges to the following address:
449 S Meridian St
Ravenna, OH 44266
|Online||If you don't want the tussle of sending emails, you can process online requests through VitalCheck Network Inc. This independent company partners with the Portage County Register of Deeds. You can reach them through their website and follow the outlined process.
Requesting a copy of a death certificate on your own can be tedious, frustrating, and sometimes lengthy. Mailing-in checks, confirming prices, filling out government forms, and filling out notarizations can all add to the frustrations.
How to Get a Copy of a Death Certificate Instantly at Portage County, Ohio Death Records With the Help of DoNotPay
You do not have to go through the frustrating and tedious process of sending emails for a death certificate when you cannot concentrate. DoNotPay is an efficient, quick, and effective process to get a death certificate. All you need to do is follow these 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Death Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the details of the person who is on the death certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them.
- Enter the city, state, and hospital (if applicable) the registrant passed away in, so we can complete the correct form.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Portage County Ohio Death Records?
After going through the traumatic experience of losing a loved one, the last thing you need is a process that would add to your emotional distress. Getting a death certificate in portage county doesn't have to be difficult. DoNotPay guarantees a process that is:
- Fast— You can complete the application process in just a few minutes.
- Easy— You only need to answer simple questions, click pay, and you're good to go.
- Successful— You can rest assured we'll make the best case for you.
Contact us today to learn more on how to get a death record in Portage County, Ohio.