Contact The Polish Consulate In Chicago

Contact Embassies and Consulates Contact The Polish Consulate In Chicago

How to Contact The Polish Consulate In Chicago

The Polish Consulate in Chicago includes the American states of:

  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Nebraska
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota
  • Wisconsin

If you do not live in any of these states, other consulates may better help you. 

How the Polish Consulate in Chicago Can Help You

The Polish Consulate in Chicago provides a plethora of consular services, including: 

  • Passport Application/Renewal
  • Visa Application
  • Consular Protection

Services in the Legal Realm

Conducting the Legalization of Official Documents

  • Authenticating Apostille Documentation
  • Conducting the Proceedings to begin the Legalization of Documents

Issuing Registrations that are a part of Civil Status

  • Aiding with the registration of foreign marriage certificates in Poland
  • Aiding with the registration of foreign birth certificates in Poland
  • Aiding with the registration of foreign death certificates in Poland
  • Aiding with the acknowledgment of Polish paternity

Fixing Notarial Issues

  • Helping by certifying a signature
  • Helping by certifying a photocopy or fax

Legitimizing Translations

  • Working towards making translations
  • Working to make translations and certifying translations that are pre-existing

Giving Certificates allowing Repatriation of Remains or Ashes into Poland

  • You must submit a burial permit and a copy of a death certificate

Affairs Related To Citizenship

  • Granting, restoring, renouncing, and confirming Polish citizenship

Authorizing Inheritance Proceedings

  • Securing and executing Polish property rights in relation to inheritances and donations

Aiding and Abetting the Transport of Arms and Ammunition

  • Providing a certificate entitling you to carry arms through Poland
  • Providing a certificate entitling Polish citizens to import arms and ammunition for personal use
  • Providing a certificate entitling to important and export arms for widespread sale

How to Obtain, Use and Renew a Polish Passport?

By law, Polish citizens abroad can use consulates to fulfill their passport needs. The types of passports the consulate gives out include two types of passports, long-term passports, and temporary passports. 

Long Term Passports

  • Work to entitle you to cross borders and stay abroad
  • Work to confirm Polish identity
  • Work to confirm your identity (in terms of the data within the passport itself)
  • This passport is valid for 5 years for citizens under 13
  • The passport is valid for 10 years for citizens over 13

Temporary Passports

  • With this passport, you can stay in Poland and abroad and return to your place of residence
  • With this passport, you can stay abroad while waiting for a Polish passport
  • With this passport, you can stay in Poland and abroad in the case of an urgent family emergency or funeral
  • With this passport, you can stay in Poland with regards to your work activities
  • Unfortunately, temporary passports are only valid for 12 months

Adult Passports

You need to apply for a passport in-office, there are no ways for email or fax submissions to occur. The requirements for both temporary and long-term passports are the following:

Documents Required:

  • You must bring a completed passport application form
  • You must bring a colored photograph
  • You must bring an abridged certificate if your name was changed and you married abroad
  • You must bring an abridged copy of your Polish birth certificate if you do not have a PESEL number
  • You must bring a copy of your Polish marriage certificate if you got married whether your name changed or remained intact
  • You must bring a document to confirm that you are eligible for a reduced fee, if applicable
  • You must take your current passport with you if you are applying, even if it is expired - it can be helpful to verify information with

What to do if you lost your Polish passport?

  • If you are in another country, you must report a lost Polish passport to a consular office as soon as you discover the passport is lost
  • To do this, go to a local Polish representative and fill out a “lost passport” form, this form will then invalidate your passport. If you find your passport, you cannot use it — using the passport may lead to legal consequences
  • If your passport is lost or stolen, you can be issued a temporary passport to either exit another country to return to Poland or to stay in Poland until a new passport is issued

Obtaining Visas

There are 3 types of Polish visas; before you travel, it is important to figure out which visa you will need. 

Airport Transit Schengen Visa (A-Type)

You need this if you will pass through an international transit area of a Schengen airport with a passport that is from:

  • Afghanistan
  • Bangladesh
  • Democratic Republic of Congo
  • Eritrea
  • Ethiopia
  • Ghana
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Nigeria
  • Pakistan
  • Somalia
  • Sri Lanka

Schengen Visa (C-Type)

You need this if you plan to stay in Poland or Schengen area countries for a maximum of 90 days in a 180-day duration. You can apply for this if:

  • Poland is your only destination
  • You plan to visit more than one Schengen country but Poland is your main destination
  • You don’t know which Schengen country is your main destination, but you will cross the Schengen border for the first time in Poland

National Visa (D-Type)

  • You need this if you want to stay in Poland for more than 90 days in any situation, you have to apply for this visa
  • You will need to reapply in 1 year if you seek things like asylum, repatriation, or a Polish Card

How to Contact the Polish Consulate in Chicago?

Address The Consulate General of Poland in Chicago

1530 North Lake Shore Drive

Chicago, IL


Email Email Address

Phone Phone Number


Emergency Number


Fax 312-255-1698
Office Hours Monday to Friday

8:30 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.

Discover the DoNotPay Advantage!

DoNotPay knows how frustrating it is to write emails, find correct addresses, and not receive timely replies to urgent matters that deeply concern you. Let our AI-powered robot lawyer handle everything! To contact any Consulate or Embassy, all you need to do is:

1. Enter “Contact Embassy” on DoNotPay.


2. Choose if you want to contact a foreign embassy or consulate in the U.S.


3. Explain your issue and any questions you may have.


4. Tell DoNotPay which embassy or consulate you want to contact by typing in the country.

That’s all! With DoNotPay’s fast services, you can expect a timely response from any consulate or embassy to your issue by email!

Who Else Can DoNotPay Help You Contact?

Want your issue solved now?