All You Need To Know About The Pocahontas State Correctional Center
In operation since 2007, the Pocahontas State Correctional Center is a Level 3 facility for adult male offenders. The prison holds up to 1,034 inmates in its four separate housing units. At intake, each person is given a series of tests to determine his housing placement. These results of the tests are also used to develop a rehabilitation program that will reduce the odds of recidivism.
The facility is named for Pocahontas, Virginia, the town in which it is located. Pocahontas, Virginia is part of Tazewell County and belongs to the Bluefield, VA micropolitan area.
Location and Contact Info for Pocahontas State Correctional Center
Although Pocahontas, Virginia is named for a very famous Native American princess, it's actually very small. Less than 400 people reside in Pocahontas, which is considerably fewer than the number housed at the correctional center. Accordingly, the prison is somewhat isolated with no practical means of public transportation available.
If you would like to visit in person, or just need to get in touch with a staff member, there are plenty of options available for doing so:
|Physical Address||920 Old River Road, Pocahontas,VA 24635-0518|
|General Contact Phone Number||276-945-9173|
|General Contact Website||https://www.vadoc.virginia.gov/facilities-and-offices/|
|General Contact Email||Docmail@vadoc.virginia.gov|
Your Guide To Contacting Inmates at Pocahontas State Correctional Center
Whether you would like to send letters or speak with your loved one directly, the Pocahontas State Correctional Center offers you plenty of ways to remain connected. From in-person visits to phone calls, here's what you should know about the various methods.
Visiting in Person
You must complete an application for visitation before visiting for the first time. Visitation is limited only to immediate family members; however, you can be approved to call on one individual who is not your immediate family member.
After becoming approved, you will need to use the visitation scheduler to secure an appointment. A self-administered, COVID-19 antigen test is required on the day you visit, and you must test negative in order to enter.
An independent organization known as Assisting Families of Inmates (AFOI) has partnered with Global Tel-Link (GTL) for video visits within the Pocahontas State Correctional Center. Use the online web app to schedule your visit, which can be either 20 or 50 minutes at a cost of $0.40 per minute.
Sending Cards and Letters by Mail
Inmates at the Pocahontas State Correctional Center may receive cards and letters through the U.S. Postal Service. Any mailed correspondence must not violate state or federal law, and should not pose any threat to the facility itself. Address written correspondence as follows:
|Inmate's First and Last name
Inmate's 7-digit State ID number
Pocahontas State Correctional Center
920 Old River Road
Pocahontas, VA 24635-0518
Receiving Phone Calls
Inmates may make calls only to those on an approved list. The prisoner is responsible for maintaining his own calling list, which cannot exceed more than 15 numbers.
Phone calls from the Pocahontas State Correctional Center are facilitated by Global Tel-Link's ConnectNetwork. To receive calls, you have 2 options:
- establish a prepaid account with GTL using a debit or credit card
- establish a Pin Debit account in the offender's name, which will allow him to call anyone on his approved phone list.
Your Guide To Sending Money and Packages to Pocahontas State Correctional Center Inmates
Sometimes, just hearing from someone you care about is not enough. Sending money and packages can be a great way to let a loved one behind bars know that you care.
Sending Money to a PSCC Inmate
Establish an account with JPay in order to make deposits into an offender's trust fund. Aside from using the website, JPay offers a few other ways to make payments, including:
- Calling customer service at 1-800-574-5729.
- Downloading the JPay mobile app onto your smartphone
- Visiting a MoneyGram location in person
Rules for Packages
Inmates at the PSCC may receive one care package each quarter from Access Securepak. Visit the website or contact the company directly at 1-800-546-6283 to place your order. The value of goods received may not exceed $125 in any one quarter. A processing fee of $2.95 plus sales tax of 2.5% will be added to the care package’s value.
Challenges When Contacting Loved Ones in Pocahontas State Correctional Center
Aside from travel difficulties, you could face other challenges when contacting someone by phone or mail. For example, there are only a limited number of telephones located throughout the facility. As such, your loved one might sometimes have trouble accessing a phone. Getting a letter through can be especially difficult, as all mail must pass through a rigorous screening process first.
Get in Touch With Incarcerated Loved Ones Via DoNotPay
Knowing how to stay in touch is one thing. Being sure you follow all the rules is something else altogether. If you're struggling to keep everything straight, maybe you could use some assistance from DoNotPay.
Using our Connect With an Inmate feature, just provide us with your loved one's name, DOC number, name of the prison, and housing unit. Once you provide us with that info, you will be well on your way to staying connected.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
Do you need to make sure your loved one is in the Pocahontas State Correctional Center before making contact? If so, DoNotPay has an easy way to confirm.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me Do?
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue during a customer service call
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting robocallers to stop
- Suing someone in small claims court
- Dealing with difficult credit card issues
- Scheduling a DMV appointment quickly and easily
- Getting refunds from airline companies
- Contesting parking tickets in any city
- Dealing with bills when you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds and chargebacks
- Signing up for free trials totally risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam once and for all
- Applying for clinical trials the easy way
- Protecting your original work against copyright infringement
- Getting in touch with your loved ones behind bars
- Signing up for services without using phone verification
- Locating any unclaimed funds under your name
Get Started and Stay Connected
Don't put off getting in touch with a loved one at the Pocahontas State Correctional Center any longer. Instead, contact us so that we can help get the ball rolling for you.