How to Stop Unfair Practices from P&J Debt Collection Services
If you are receiving threatening letters and pay-or-else phone calls from , you may be wondering if there's anything you can do to stop the harassment. Actually, there is.
Who Is P&J Debt Collection Services?
With headquarters at Maylands Business Centre in Hemel Hempstead, is a legitimate agency with more than 30 years experience. The company focuses on collecting unpaid debts for medical professionals, including doctors, hospitals, and consultants.
First, Validate the Debt
These days, there are an awful lot of scammers out there who prey upon unsuspecting people. One such scam involves phoney debt claims. If you don't recognize the debt or the creditor who is hounding you, the first step to take is to demand they validate the debt.
Carefully review the debt letter to determine the identity of the original creditor. In the case of P&J Debt Collection Services, the creditor will be in the medical field. To validate a debt claimed by P&J, send a written request for validation or call the company.
|P&J Consumer Debt Services Contact Information|
|Address||P&J Consumer Debt Services
Maylands Business Centre,
Hemel Hempstead HP2 7ES
|Phone Number||01442 848500|
If the Debt Is Real, But You Can't Pay
If you verify that the debt is real, but you can't afford to pay it in full, you may apply for a debt relief order (DRO) through an authorised debt adviser. To qualify, you can't own your home and must meet certain other conditions:
- You earn less than £75 a month spare income
- You have not applied for a DRO within the last six years
- You hold less than £2,000 worth of assets
- You must have lived or worked in England and Wales within the last three years
- Your debt is less than £30,000
- Your vehicle is worth no more than £2,000
Are You Being Harassed by P&J Debt Collection Services?
Reasonably-timed phone calls and occasional dun letters are not considered legal harassment, explains Citizens Advice. Other behaviours may indeed constitute harassment and include:
- Calling very early in the morning
- Calling very late at night
- Claiming that non-payment is a criminal offence
- Contacting you on your social media pages
- Embarrassing you in public
- Failure to tell you when the debt has been sold to a collection agency
- Falsely claiming to be a bailiff or sheriff
- Falsely implying that legal action can be taken
- Implying court action has been taken when it has not
- Physical or verbal threats
- Pressuring you to sell your home
- Pressuring you to take out more credit
- Taking your belongings without permission
- Telling a family member about your debt
- Using fonts or logos that make written communications appear to be actual court forms
Stop P&J Debt Collection Harassment on Your Own
If your debt is invalid, and you have asked P&J Debt Collections to cease contact but they continue to send dun letters or call you late at night, you can file a formal complaint with the ombudsman at the Financial Conduct Authority.
A Better Way to Deal With Debt Collectors
Whether or not you owe an unpaid debt, being constantly harassed and dunned is not fun. In fact, such pressure can have an adverse effect on every aspect of your life. DoNotPay knows that dealing with creditors on your own can be problematic, so we created a product that makes it so much easier.
Here's how it works:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
Yes, that's all there is to it! Once we have your information and instructions, our artificial intelligence robot lawyer will get right to work. We can compose and deliver your request for debt validation, ask them to cease contact, or file a harassment complaint with the proper agency.
DoNotPay Can Assist With Other Debt Collection Agencies, Too!
DoNotpay can help you stop harassment, and even get refunds, from other creditors, lenders, and debt collection agencies, including:
- Marston Group Holdings
- Provident Loans
- Amigo Loans
- DWP Debt Management
- Lowell Financial
When DoNotPay first began, our focus was on helping people contest parking tickets. Our plan worked so well, we invented all sorts of other products that take the trouble out of daily life. We can help you clean up your credit score, get refunds, and locate legal documents such as marriage licences and birth certificates.
No matter what sort of task you need to accomplish today, there's an excellent chance that DoNotPay can make your job easier. Once we've helped you deal with , browse our site to see the other ways DoNotPay can assist. Need another sort of help? Get in touch and let us help you!