Hassle-Free Reporting of Animal Incident to Pierce County Animal Control

Animal Control Hassle-Free Reporting of Animal Incident to Pierce County Animal Control

How to Report an Animal Incident to Pierce County Animal Control

Pierce County Animal Control responds to calls in unincorporated Pierce County, including the towns/cities of Carbonado, South Prairie, University Place, Fife, and Orting. The city of Tacoma, Washington, has its own animal control office, serving Tacoma, Fircrest, and Ruston. These departments across the country, from Pierce County, Tacoma, and Los Angeles to Miami, Atlanta, and everywhere in between, are in charge of handling stray pets, dog bites, animal cruelty cases, and more.

If you have a run-in with an animal or witness a case of abuse or a lost pet, you should report it to the authorities. It can be hard to know who to call if you're not exactly sure where the event took place. (Was it within city or county limits? Who has jurisdiction?) You may also feel emotionally distraught if you or someone you love was injured, which can make the entire process even more challenging. If you don't file the correct report, it could delay the process, allowing an abused animal to remain under the care of an unworthy owner or prevent you from successfully suing for a dog bite.

You have to get it right, and DoNotPay can help. Whether you're reporting a dog bite in Pierce County or trying to navigate dog bite laws in Washington, California, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, or any other state, DoNotPay streamlines the process for you and ensures the right organizations are properly notified about what you witnessed or experienced. 

About Pierce County Animal Control

Animal Control in Pierce County is headquartered in Parkland, Washington. The department addresses a variety of animal-related concerns:

  • Animal bites
  • Lost pets and loose animals
  • Animal cruelty
  • Injured animals
  • Animal noise complaints
  • Complaints about vicious animals
  • Animal adoptions

How to Contact Pierce County Animal Control and File a Report On Your Own

  • Sheriff's Department Headquarters County-City Building, 1st Floor 930 Tacoma Ave. S, Tacoma, WA 98402
  • Pierce County Animal Control Parkland-Spanaway Precinct 495 Shandon Wright Way S, Parkland, WA 98444
Phone Number(253) 798-PETS (7387)

If you need to contact animal control, there are three primary ways to do it:

  1. Call (253) 798-PETS (7387)
  2. Fill out the Online Animal Complaint Form
  3. Email pcanimalcontrol@co.pierce.wa.us (not to file complaints)

Via the complaint form, you can file a report about animal confinement or abandonment, a sick animal, aggressive behavior, an animal bite, animal cruelty, a suspected puppy/kitty mill, and more. If a dog bites you, you should also request compensation from the owner to cover your medical bills. Even if the owner refuses, you won't necessarily have to secure a dog bite lawyer.

Instead, DoNotPay could file a letter demanding compensation on your behalf and, if necessary, help you sue the dog's owner in small claims court. In fact, we can help you file your reports with animal control, as well, to ensure they're done quickly and properly.

Understanding Pierce County, Washington Dog Bite Laws

Pierce County Code Chapter 6 addresses dog bites. If a dog bites someone on public property or when legally on private property, the owner is guilty of a Class 3 Civil Infraction or possibly a gross misdemeanor. While the code doesn't outline any required compensation for the dog bite victim, you can ask the owner to pay for medical bills and other costs associated with the dog bite. This can be an uncomfortable conversation, particularly if the owner refuses.

If a dog bites you in Pierce County, or anywhere else in the country, DoNotPay can file a complaint with the local animal control authorities to ensure the right department receives a thorough report of the incident. From there, we can demand compensation from the dog owner and, if the owner doesn't cooperate, we can help you sue them.

How to Contact Animal Control and File a Report With the Help of DoNotPay

When you're upset after an animal attack or another animal-related incident, filing a report can be even more confusing and frustrating. Should you file with the county or the city? Have you included all the details? Are you filing in a timely manner to ensure the animal is taken care of, or you're still able to ask for compensation for injuries?

Instead of wasting time trying to find the correct information, turn to DoNotPay. Answer a few questions about your experience, and we'll file the right type of report with the appropriate animal control agency and/or demand compensation from the animal owner.

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

Why Use DoNotPay to Report Animal-Related Incidents

We take the guesswork out of a stressful situation. You won't have to worry if you're following the right protocols or contacting the right individuals. DoNotPay can manage all of that for you. Simply answer some questions about the incident, and we'll take care of the rest. It's fast and easy.

Our animal services work the same way across the country—and we do so much more than file reports with animal control.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

Solving your animal-related issues is only one aspect of what we have to offer. DoNotPay is here to address many of your legal and financial challenges in a way that's simple, understandable, and stress-free. This is just the beginning of what we can do for you:

Get started with DoNotPay and discover how much simpler it can be to navigate these common problems.

Want your issue solved now?