How to Connect With an Inmate at Pickaway Correctional Institution
Pickaway Correctional Institution, located in Ohio, is known simply as PCI to those in the area. It opened in 1984 and spans more than 1800 acres. More than 450 staff help handle the 2,000+ inmates at the facility.
PCI Contact Information
Warden Emma Collins runs the facility with the help of her staff. PCI offers various programs for inmates to help them become valuable members of society. Volunteer opportunities and special classes are available, as well as therapy sessions and a job in the OPI Print Shop.
|Physical Address||Pickaway Correctional Institution
11781 St. Route 762
Orient, OH 43146
|Phone Number||(614) 877-4362|
How Can I Connect With an Inmate at PCI on My Own?
Pickaway Correctional Institution offers various methods for communication depending on the inmate status and COVID restrictions:
- In-person visits
- Video visits
- Phone calls from inmates
- Sending mail
- Sending money
You must apply and be approved to visit your loved one. Once you receive approval, you can then schedule your visit based on the inmate's housing unit. You must schedule at least one full day in advance, but you can make your reservation up to 30 days beforehand.
- Using the online scheduling site at https://ohdoc.gtlvisitme.com/app
- Contacting customer support at (855) 208-7349
- Emailing customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org
PCI typically offers two visitation sessions per day, from 8:30 am to 11:30 am, and 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm. The housing units are scheduled as follows:
- Housing Unit A can receive visits Monday morning and afternoon, or Saturday morning.
- Housing Unit B can receive visits Tuesday morning and afternoon, or Saturday afternoon.
- Housing Unit FHC can receive visits Wednesday morning and afternoon, or Sunday morning.
- Housing Unit TPU can receive visits Wednesday morning and afternoon.
- Housing Unit C can receive visits Thursday morning and afternoon, or Sunday morning.
- Housing Unit D can receive visits Friday morning and afternoon, or Sunday afternoon.
Video visits may be required at times. These last 30 minutes. You may request an additional 30 minutes if there isn't anyone scheduled at the same kiosk immediately after your scheduled video visit. Schedule these visits through JPay.
You are not allowed to call your loved one. However, they may call you if they have the money to do so. You can add money to their account through JPay so that they may make contact when they're able.
Feel free to write letters to your loved one or prison pen pal. When you do, be sure you're including their name and inmate ID number on the envelope, or else it will go undelivered. Do not send it to the facility itself. Instead, send it to the appropriate P.O Box at:
Inmate name and inmate number
PO Box 209
Orient, OH 43146
Can I Mail Packages?
Inmates at PCI are able to receive packages. However, they can only be sent by the 3 approved vendors. There are also restrictions on which items can be sent by those companies. Your loved one needs to reach out with the appropriate list they have to ensure you are sending allowable items.
The approved vendors include:
Typically, inmates can only receive up to 4 packages per year, one each quarter. Those at a higher restriction level may have more limits.
What Type of Packages Do These Vendors Offer?
When you attempt to order, you'll see that there are 4 types of packages to choose from. You cannot mix and match, and must stick with one package only in a single order. They are:
- Sundry (a mix of clothing, cosmetics, and personal products)
- Exempt (these do not count in the package limitations)
- Prepaid (add prepaid funds to an account that the inmate can use to order themselves from a provided catalog)
DoNotPay Has Streamlined the Process of Finding and Connecting With Inmates
If you do not yet know the ID number of an inmate at Pickaway Correctional Institution, you can use DoNotPay to help you find it. We will also assist with communications and ensure letters get sent promptly between you and your loved one.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Can DoNotPay Help With Something Else?
More than connecting with your Pickaway Correctional Institution inmate, DoNotPay can help with countless additional services that are worthwhile. We'll assist you with:
- Obtaining refunds from various businesses
- Bypassing phone verifications when signing up for services
- Applying to participate in various clinical trials
- Getting help with online bill pay