Get Your Philadelphia Building Permit Today With DoNotPay
As a homeowner, it's no surprise that you prefer handling many of your home renovation projects by yourself. However, you must have a building permit before you start your project. Otherwise, you will be risking city fines and potential demolition.
Getting a can be long and stressful. Not only will you have to make a trip to the county or district offices, but you must assess whether your property meets the local zoning requirements, have a blueprint, and seek HOA approval. Can all this be overwhelming? Right! Don't panic. DoNotPay got you covered. With our Planning Permission product, we can help you get your Philadelphia building permit easily. Follow the steps provided below, and we'll handle the rest for you.
When Do You Need a Building Permit in Philadelphia?
You need a before starting a project that involves the following:
- Construct a new building
- Enlarge or add an existing building
- Change the exterior or interior of an existing building
- Partially or fully demolished a structure
- Change the occupancy classification of a part of the building
- Increase a building's occupancy load in a space
How Do You Get a Philadelphia Building Permit?
For new construction and renovation works in Philadelphia, follow the following steps:
- Look for exemptions that you qualify for before you start the application process. Use the Permits, Violation, and Licenses page to check whether your project qualifies as an exception.
- Check the application requirements, which include:
- Complete the Act 537 Sewage Planning Module Application Mailer
- zoning permit
- building plans
- License & Inspection Energy Conservation form
- License & Inspection Structural design form
- Look for prerequisite approvals from the Street Department, the Art Commission, the Historic Commission, and the Water Department
- Check for perquisites from agencies like the Fire Department, Air Management service, and Health Department.
|How to Get a Philadelphia Building Permit Online||You can get a building permit in Philadelphia online using Eclipse. If you need help filling the online application, you can schedule a virtual appointment.|
|How to Get a Philadelphia Building Permit in Person||You must schedule an appointment if you want to secure a building permit in person. Application for a building permit is done at the Permit and License Center.|
Meeting all the requirements provided above and filling in the necessary documents can be frustrating. There are even possibilities of failing to meet one of the requirements, delaying your project. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you through these procedures all at the convenience of your computer or laptop.
How Much Do I Have to Pay for a Philadelphia Building Permit?
The application fee for a building permit for a one or two-family house is $25. An application for other property types would cost $100.
You can use an electronic check or a credit card with a + 2.25% surcharge to pay online through the Eclipse application or at the Permit and License Center in the Municipal Service Building. You can pay by money order at the cashier's station.
Please note, the fee varies depending on the construction work you're planning to do. Check out the Full List of Fees from the License and Inspection Department.
Finding it Hard to Get Your Philadelphia Building Permit? DoNotPay Got You
Are you still stuck while getting your Philadelphia building permit? DoNotPay got your back with the following six easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
DoNotPay Can Help You in Different Fields
Our services are not limited to getting a Philadelphia building permit. You can get the following services through our Planning Permissions Product:
- Get a Palm Beach County Building Permit
- Get a Los Angeles Building Permit
- Get a Chicago Building Permit
- Get a Sarasota County Building Permit
Reasons Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Get a Philadelphia Building Permit
You don't need to worry about filling in pre-qualification documents for your building project with our service. You also don't have to make in-person trips to the Department of License and Inspection. With us, all you need is to follow the steps provided above, and we'll take care of the rest. today, and let's help you get your building permit with ease.