Claim your Peloton Recall with the Click of a Button
Do you own a Peloton treadmill that has been recalled? By now, most people have heard of the open Peloton recall. Peloton exercise equipment dominated the market by providing customers with more than just fitness equipment; they offer personalized, accessible training at their fingertips. However, due to serious safety concerns with their newest addition, the company had to issue a recall.
If you own a Tread or Tread plus and would like to claim a refund, we have a much better alternative for you. You don't have to go through the lengthy and arduous process to claim what's rightfully owed to you. With DoNotPay, you can fill in your request form within minutes and hassle-free.
What Happened With The Peloton Recall?
Peloton Interactive is an American company that sells interconnected exercise equipment ranging from treadmills to stationary bicycles. Their equipment enables customers to remotely take part in classes by live streaming.
One of their treadmills, the Tread+, was linked to the death of a 6-year-old who was reported to have crashed under the treadmill's rear. There have since been 72 other reports of injury due to the treadmill, escalating the matter even further. Following the reports, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a warning to consumers against using Peloton treadmills. Three weeks later, Peloton issued a voluntary recall for the Tread+ treadmills.
The motors installed in the Tread+ equipment were too big, causing the treadmill to be more elevated from the ground, posing a risk of adults, children, and pets getting crushed underneath.
At the time of the recall, 125,000 units had been sold across the US and many more in Canada and the UK. Peloton is issuing full refunds or repairs on the recall until November 6th, 2022.
Upon further investigation, the CPSC found a different Peloton model, the Tread, to also be defective. The report said that the touchscreen feature could easily fall and pose a hazard to users. This was also recalled and Peloton is issuing repairs for those affected.
Who Is Eligible For A Peloton Recall?
Anyone who purchased the Peloton Tread or the Tread+ is eligible for a recall. All you have to do is provide the following details and you'll be one step closer to getting your refund/repair:
- Email address used during purchase
- Order ID number
- Serial number of the device
- Your physical address
How Do I Claim Refunds For The Peloton Recall?
- Call Peloton Support. Contact Peloton customer services on 866-679-9129 or 844-410-0141 to speak to a representative. Provide your personal information and details about your recalled device. The customer service line is operational from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 6:0 PM on weekends.
- Make Your Peloton Claim Online. Visit the Peloton website and fill in the online recall request form. Information required on the request form includes your email address on the order and the order ID. Once your information is verified, a representative will contact you to schedule a repair, relocation, or refund.
- Live Chat4 With A Member of Peloton Support. When you scroll to the far bottom of the Peloton contact page on the website, there's a LiveChat icon. Click on it to chat in real-time with a Peloton representative and request a recall. The page also contains instructions on different options to request a recall.
Do I Immediately Get A Refund For The Peloton Recall?
While Peloton issued a voluntary recall, the process of getting customers a refund is tedious and takes weeks if you have provided them with the right information. A simple error in your serial number or order number can cause major delays, making you wait several weeks before you get a refund. For other issues with your device, you need to compile evidence proving the defect. This means uploading photos or videos showing that the product doesn't work as it should. DoNotPay takes the weight off you by helping you claim your Peloton recall fast and accurately.
How To Check For Recalls Using DONotPay's Product Recall Monitor?
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to email@example.com, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the ProduAct Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
How To Claim Your Peloton Recall With DoNotPay In 5 Easy Steps?
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
That's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay To Claim Your Peloton Recall?
|Fast||You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue|
|Easy||You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem|
|Successful||You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you|
With over 125,000 Peloton devices being recalled, there's an influx of customer recalls being processed. It's understandable that the company's personnel may be overwhelmed, increasing the likelihood of delays. DoNotPay helps you bypass all that by allowing you to from the comfort of your home and without making any calls. Simply sign up, fill in your information and let us handle the rest for you.