Out of Stock: The Peloton Bike Recall
In October 2020, the fitness company Peloton recalled their latest bike edition - the - due to faulty pedals. The well-known fitness brand has sold over 300,000 bikes since its inception in 2012. The Peloton Bike was the first product to be released under a new and improved line of Peloton products. It became available for purchase in 2014 and has been gradually met with criticism due to faulty pedals, uncomfortable seats, and an overall lack of customer satisfaction.
"We have received several reports of issues with the pedals coming off spontaneously," said a representative from Peloton, "and we are voluntarily recalling all bikes because no one should ride it." The new Peloton Bike was pushed for its innovative technology and high-performance engine, but so far, it has not lived up to its promises of convenience.
These days, we have entire households full of potentially faulty products. With the advent of online shopping, customers can purchase items like never before. The downside is keeping track of all of these items and finding out if there is a recall. With so many products recalls, it can be challenging to keep up with the latest news. Don't worry; DoNotPay can help with that.
The Details on the Peloton Bike Recall
Peloton is voluntarily recalling all bikes due to faulty pedals. The pedal in question features a design similar to the clipless pedals seen on bikes today. A user would clip their foot into place, allowing them to drive without worrying about falling off during an intense workout session.
Unfortunately, the pedals have been known to come loose with any pressure applied. Riders are urged to stop riding the Peloton Bike immediately for their safety. It is easy to fix the pedals, but the company does not want anyone to risk injury.
How Do I Know if I Have the Recalled Pedals?
Peloton has issued guidance about determining whether or not your bike has faulty pedals:
- The PR70P clip-in pedal is the only product being recalled.
- The Peloton logo and the word "PELOTON" are molded into the pedal body.
- An orange Peloton symbol and white lettering spelling "PELOTON" are printed on top of the cleat binding.
- The pedals are the first generation of pedals used and were fitted on Peloton Bikes sold between July 2013 and May 2016. No other pedals or products are subject to this recall.
Isn't My Peloton Bike Out of Warranty by Now?
The recall is still in effect regardless of the warranty status. In other words, even if your Peloton Bike was out of warranty when you experienced a pedal problem or failure, this does not affect whether or not it qualifies for a free replacement under the recall.
How to Request Replacement Pedals for the Peloton Bike Recall
If your pedals are faulty or have failed in some way, your bike is eligible for a free replacement. Peloton aims to replace all faulty pedals within 12 weeks of the recall announcement. If you are experiencing issues with your pedal or if they have stopped working altogether, follow these steps:
- Visit the Peloton website and compare your pedals to the example photo of recalled pedals.
- If your pedals match the recall, you may proceed to request a free replacement.
- Open the Peloton Pedal Request Form in your web browser.
- You will need to supply one of the following details:
- The email address is associated with the original Peloton Bike order.
- If you do not have the original email or do not have access to it, you will need to enter the serial number of your Peloton Bike.
- If you cannot locate the serial number on your Peloton Bike, you will need to email the Peloton member support team at email@example.com with a photo of your pedals.
- Alternatively, you can call Peloton directly at 866-679-9129 or 844-410-0141 to request replacement pedals.
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts or other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund or replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Take Action With DoNotPay
Peloton is just one example in a long list of products that have been recalled due to consumer safety concerns. Whether it's the latest iPhone or a children's toy, recalls seem to affect everyone. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help.
Even if you don't own a , DoNotPay can help you stay up to date on the latest recalls and other consumer news so that you never have to worry about your family's safety again.
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotPay 's Product Recall Monitor
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to email@example.com. You can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier.
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has a whole suite of easy-to-use tools that you can use to solve any part of your life. Here are some other tools you might want to check out:
|Solve Legal Problems||If you're dealing with any legal problem, DoNotPay will fight for you. Helping you with legal issues is where we started, and we've been winning ever since. From minor issues like parking tickets to serious cases like unfair workplace treatment, we'll be there for you every step of the way.|
|Get a Refund||DoNotPay knows how to fight for you, and we know what it takes to win. We can help you track down any online purchase and get your money back.|
|Solve Everyday Problems||We all face problems throughout our lives that need to be handled. Whether you’re dealing with annoying customer support or scheduling DMV appointments, we're here to help.|
DoNotPay is here to make sure that your life runs smoothly. Sign up today and get the help you need!.