Paraguay Tourist Visa Requirements From A to Z
Are you preparing for a trip to Paraguay? You won’t regret the decision to visit the Heart of South America! You will be able to enjoy Paraguayan cuisine and its delicious dishes and desserts, as well as the country’s beautiful nature.
To experience everything Paraguay has to offer, you will need to obtain a Paraguay tourist visa. Getting all the information is complex and time-consuming, but not if you use DoNotPay! Our app will provide you with all the necessary info related to travel requirements and tell you how to get the visa!
As a U.S. citizen, you must obtain a tourist visa to travel to Paraguay, and you can stay in the country for a maximum of three months at a time. You need to get a multiple-entry visa that can be valid for up to ten years.
The visa fee is $160, and you can pay for it using a money order or cashier’s check issued to the Consulate General of Paraguay. You cannot use credit cards or personal checks for the payment.
When applying for a Paraguay tourist visa, you need to present a:
- U.S. passport valid for at least six months
- Completed and signed visa application form
- Color photo (2” x 2”) with no glasses and a clear background
You will also need to pay the consular fees.
To make your trip to Paraguay as planned, you can:
- Apply for a visa in person
- Apply for a visa by mail
- Obtain a “visa en arribo” (visa on arrival)
Here’s how you can apply for a Paraguay tourist visa in person:
- Schedule an appointment over the phone
- Visit the Paraguayan embassy in Washington, D.C., or the nearest Paraguayan consulate
The process of issuing a visa in person takes one week.
Another way to file for a Paraguay tourist visa is to compose an email and include the following:
- Passport (valid for at least six months)
- Visa application form (completed and signed)
- Photo (in color and passport photo size)
- The payment (money order or deposit receipt of City Bank)
Make sure to use a prepaid return envelope so you can get your passport with the visa back when it is ready. You should mail the documents to any consulate of the Republic of Paraguay in the U.S.
U.S. citizens have the option to obtain an arrival visa at the Silvio Pettirossi International Airport in Asunción. To get a visa on arrival, you have to:
- Show a valid passport
- Pay $160 in cash
Border agents will only accept new bills without any ink marks or tears. Make sure not to use series CB and D if paying with $100 denomination bills.
Learning about the country you’re visiting is always a good idea! We prepared some facts about Paraguay you might find helpful:
- Paraguayans are not big fans of their neighbors Argentina and Brazil because of the Triple Alliance War (1864–1870). Those two countries and Uruguay formed a united front against Paraguay. It is best to avoid any praises of those two countries
- You should learn some Guaraní (an indigenous language), which has become an official language. Speaking a few words in Guaraní with the Paraguayans will win you some points
- If mastering languages is not your forte, you can use gestures. Good-old thumbs up will show the Paraguayans’ tranquilo pa (it’s all good) attitude
- Paraguayans prefer an emongarú for a greeting rather than a high five. You need to extend your hand with fingers and thumb pressed together (facing downward). The other person should extend their hand in the same manner but with fingers pointed upward. Your fingers should touch while you’re saying “emongarú”
- Mangoes are free. There are so many during the summer that the stores don’t even sell them
Understanding the tourist visa application process and requirements can be confusing and overwhelming. If you’d appreciate more help when trying to obtain any tourist visa, DoNotPay is at your service. Our app can:
- Check if you need a tourist visa for the destination country
- List the required paperwork for your visa application
- Provide you with a blank visa application form
If the country you are traveling to doesn’t require a tourist visa, we will let you know how many days you can stay there. To get essential info, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Find our Tourist Visa Guide product
- Let us know if you are a U.S. passport holder
If you plan on visiting several countries while in South or Central America, you can use one of DoNotPay’s guides to get familiar with the travel requirements:
Did you manage to solve the issue with our app? If the answer is yes, you may also be interested in checking out other interesting features we offer. DoNotPay can help you:
|Get Rid of Spammers By||Deal With Uncooperative Merchants By||Get Help With Your Studies By|
Are you having a hard time drawing up a contract due to insufficient legal expertise? Say goodbye to failed drafts—DoNotPay can generate divorce settlement agreements, powers of attorney, child travel consent forms, and many other legal documents in under five minutes!