Everything You Wanted To Know About Papua New Guinea Tourist Visa
You’ve heard so much about sandy beaches in Papua New Guinea, and you finally decided to see them yourself? To truly enjoy all that this inspiring island has to offer, you should prepare all the required paperwork for your trip.
As sorting out visa documentation can be a dull and arduous task, we created this practical guide to a Papua New Guinea tourist visa application.
Use DoNotPay to learn all about tourist visa requirements for this country in Oceania and get ready for a remarkable travel experience.
Yes, you do. If you are traveling to Papua New Guinea as a U.S. citizen, you can apply for one of the following visas:
|Type of Visa||Validity Period||Extension Fee|
|Multi-entry tourist visa||12 months||1,000 PGK ($285)|
|Single-entry tourist visa||30 or 60 days||500 PGK ($142)|
|Single-entry visa on arrival (VOA)||30 days||Free of charge|
If you want to apply for a multi-entry or regular single-entry tourist visa for Papua New Guinea, you will have to prepare:
- Photographs of yourself
- Proof of travel arrangements
To enter Papua New Guinea, you need to have a passport that will:
- Be valid for at least six months of your arrival to Papua New Guinea
- Have one blank page for stamps
Photographs you provide must:
- Be in color and have 2 x 2 dimensions (standard size for passport photos)
- Have a white background
- Show your entire face with a neutral expression and without eyeglasses
For your entry to Papua New Guinea, you will also need to submit proof of travel arrangements with:
- A copy of the route of your trip or an e-ticket that shows it
- Date of your departure
- Your full name
Once you prepare all the necessary documents, you can start the application process. You can do so online or at the Papua New Guinea Embassy.
If you choose to apply for your tourist visa online, you should complete the visa application form that includes:
- Your full name
- Your signature
- Answers to all the questions regarding your trip
In case you’d like to handle the application in person, you should download the form from the Citizenship Authority of Papua New Guinea (ICA) website, fill it out, and bring it with you.
If you have any questions or dilemmas, you can contact the Papua New Guinea Embassy in the following ways:
- Via email—email@example.com
- Via phone—202-745-3680
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, entry to Papua New Guinea is limited. To enter this country, you will need to either:
- Have proof you were vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine
- Have a negative PCR test not older than three days
- Complete an electronic health declaration form
When you arrive, you will have to be in a quarantine for seven days, practice social distancing, and wear a mask.
If you are vaccinated, you will not have to get tested before leaving the U.S., and you will not have to be in quarantine once you return from Papua New Guinea.
In case you recovered from the COVID-19 in the last three months, you should not get tested before the trip, but prepare a document stating that you have recovered.
Though Papua New Guinea allows entry to unvaccinated visitors, you will have to practice social distancing during your visit and self-quarantine for at least 14 days once you return to the U.S.
To help you avoid all of the unnecessary hurdles during the visa application process, turn to DoNotPay. We created a Tourist Visa Guide feature to help you prepare everything you need to apply for your tourist visa successfully.
This feature will provide you with a list of requirements for your desired visa, as well as a direct link to the application form or a printable application form version.
We can also contact the embassy of the country in question and ask if there is a possibility of submitting application forms by email.
All you need to do is:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account
- Locate the Tourist Visa Guide feature
- Confirm that you own a U.S. passport or that you are a U.S. citizen
- Input the name of the country you would like to travel to
Papua New Guinea is just a starting point of your Oceania travels? If that is the case, you will need to get acquainted with the requirements for other visas as well. Subscribe to DoNotPay and learn all about tourist visas for countries listed in the table below:
Why spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on lawyers when the ideal solution is only a few clicks away?
Our perks don’t stop here—you can also have your documents notarized electronically from any location. Once you obtain a notary stamp and signature, your paperwork can be faxed online without outdated machines.
Day-to-day tasks you must deal with don’t have to be a burden or rocket science. Signing up for DoNotPay is your ticket to performing them the easy way! We offer a wide selection of products that don’t cost an arm and a leg but do excellent work when it comes to solving your administrative issues!
Our services will help you:
- Submit refund, late delivery, and FOIA requests
- Write letters to inmates
- Appeal unfair property tax assessments
- Reach out to embassies and consulates
- Gather paperwork for tourist visas
- Request a higher financial aid amount from colleges
- Arrange DMV appointments without breaking a sweat