Order a Divorce Certificate Online From Oakland, CA
Going through a divorce is tough enough, but dealing with the aftermath can be just as challenging. One of the many things you have to take care of is getting a copy of your divorce certificate. A divorce certificate is official proof that your marriage has ended and can be used for various purposes, such as changing your name or applying for benefits.
Unfortunately, trying to order a divorce certificate online in Oakland, CA, can be frustrating, tedious, and time-consuming. The process is marred with bureaucracy, and you might have to wait in line for hours only to be told that you're missing a document. Besides, with all the lengthy and tedious forms you have to fill out, the last thing you want to do is waste your time on something that should be simple.
Luckily, there's a simpler way to get your divorce certificate. With DoNotPay, you can order your divorce certificate online quickly and easily without dealing with any of the hassles. Read on to learn how.
The Difference Between Divorce Certificates and Divorce Decrees
As a first-time applicant, you might be wondering what the difference is between a divorce certificate and a divorce decree. While both documents serve as official proof that your marriage has ended, some key differences exist between them.
A divorce certificate is a straightforward document that states a divorce took place and contains basic information about your divorce, including the names of the divorced, the date when it happened, and the location where it occurred.
On the other hand, a divorce decree is a more detailed document that includes additional information about the divorce, including:
- The results of a divorce settlement
- Case number
- Child custody information
- A judge's signature
- And alimony payment details
Since a divorce decree contains sensitive information, it's usually not accessible to the public and remains tucked away in the court files. If you need a copy of your divorce decree, you'll have to request it from the court that handled your divorce case. Certificates contain less sensitive information and are therefore more readily available.
Who Can Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Oakland, CA?
Anyone involved in a divorce finalized in Oakland, CA, can order a copy of the divorce certificate. Check out the table below to learn more.
|Individuals Who Can Order a Divorce Certificate in Oakland, CA||
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Oakland, CA?
The cost of getting a divorce certificate copy in Oakland, CA, varies depending on how you order it. Processing a divorce certificate will cost you $15 and an additional $5 fee for any extra copy you might need. If you choose to expedite the process, to have your certificate within 1-3 days instead of the standard 2-3 weeks, you'll have to pay an additional $15 fee.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in Oakland, CA?
On average, divorce certificate processing takes between 7 to 10 business days (around two weeks) but can take up to five weeks. However, if you choose to expedite the process, your divorce certificate will be ready within 24 to 48 hours after the processing period. The length of time it takes to get your certificate is majorly dependent on the USPS delivery times, as all requests are mailed on allotted days.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in Oakland, CA?
To get a copy of your divorce certificate, you will need to provide some basic information about your divorce, including:
- The full names of the divorced parties
- Any government-issued ID
- The date and year of divorce
- The city or county where the divorce took place
- Your contact information, including your name, mailing address, and phone number
Getting a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in Oakland, CA by Yourself
While you can get a copy of your divorce certificate by yourself, the process can be quite tedious and time-consuming. You will need to fill out long and tedious government forms, get notarizations, and mail-in checks, which can take weeks to process. When going through a divorce, the last thing you want is the tediousness of navigating government bureaucracy. Here are the steps to follow when ordering a copy of your divorce certificate by yourself:
- Visit the California Department of Public Health website to download the application for a divorce certificate.
- Complete the application with all the required information, including the names of the divorced parties, their contact information, the date and year of divorce, and the city or county where the divorce took place.
- Make a photocopy of your government-issued ID and notarize the application.
- Mail the application, photocopy of your ID, and a check or money order for $34 made out to:
California Department of Public Health
Vital Records – MS 5103
PO Box 997410
Sacramento, CA 95899-7410
Allow 7 to 10 business days for your divorce certificate to be processed and mailed. You can also expedite the process for an additional fee by visiting the California Department of Public Health website.
Order Divorce Certificate in Oakland, CA Instantly with DoNotPay
Although you can order a copy of your divorce certificate yourself, the process is quite lengthy and complicated. If you want to avoid the hassle of government forms and bureaucracy, DoNotPay can help you get your divorce certificate instantly.
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer that can help you with various administrative tasks, including ordering copies of documents like divorce certificates in Oakland, Texas, Arkansas, California, New York, Nevada, and Florida. All you need is to provide us with some basic information about your divorce, and we will take care of the rest.
If you want to order a divorce certificate online from Oakland, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
1. Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
2. Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.*Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
3. Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
4. Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
5. Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
6. Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
7. If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay makes it really easy and quick.
Why Use DoNotPay to Order a Divorce Certificate in Oakland, CA?
DoNotPay offers a convenient, super easy, and fast way to get your hands on a divorce certificate in Oakland, CA. We take care of the entire process for you while you can sit back and relax. Here are some of the benefits of using DoNotPay:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours finding the right forms or going to the courthouse in person. We can have everything ready for you in just a few minutes.
- Easy—You don't need to struggle filling out lengthy government forms or keep track of the process. Just enter the required information, and we'll take care of the rest.
- Successful—As a trusted third-party provider, we have a high success rate in getting our users' requests approved. Rest assured we will replicate the same level of success for your application.
What Else can DoNotPay Do?
Besides helping you order divorce certificates in Oakland, CA online, DoNotPay can assist you with many other administrative tasks, including:
- Finding missing money
- Notarizing documents
- Credit cards
- Filing insurance claims
- Divorce settlement agreements
- Suing anyone in Small Claims court
- Reporting stalking and harassment
Sign up or sign in to DoNotPay today and let us help you order your divorce certificate in Oakland, CA, easily without breaking a sweat.