3 Steps to Filing Orange County Marriage Annulment Papers

Annul My Marriage 3 Steps to Filing Orange County Marriage Annulment Papers

The Basics of an Orange County Marriage Annulment

Do you believe your marriage to your spouse was a mistake? Are you worried about how your relatives will view you if you file for divorce? Are you wondering if you qualify for an Orange County marriage annulment

If so, you're in the right place. The scope of this complete guide to Orange County annulments is to advise you on whether you qualify for an annulment, how you can go about getting a marriage annulment, and how DoNotPay can help. 

Does My Marriage Qualify for an Annulment?

One of the most frequently asked questions about Orange County marriage annulments is – ”does my marriage qualify for an annulment?” There are many grounds for annulment in Orange County. Some of the most common are:

  • One spouse defrauded the other to convince them to marry
  • One spouse did not consent to the marriage
  • One spouse was coerced or otherwise forced into the marriage
  • The spouses are blood-related
  • One spouse was a minor at the time of the marriage and did not have proper consent to marry from a parent, legal guardian, or OC judge
  • One spouse was already married at the time of the marriage
  • Once the spouse is physically disabled
  • One spouse is mentally disabled
  • One spouse was mentally unstable at the time of the marriage
  • One spouse was under the influence of drugs at the time of the marriage

What if My Marriage Doesn’t Qualify for an Annulment?

While the above list was not comprehensive, you will have to file for a divorce if a judge determines that your marriage does not qualify for an annulment. The difference between an annulment and a divorce is that the former is essentially a decree that the marriage never happened because it was invalid; the latter separates two people whose marriage was valid. 

How Long Do I Have to File for an Annulment?

In most cases, you can't get an Orange County marriage annulment if you and your spouse have been married for over 48 months. However, as with every general rule, exceptions apply. DoNotPay can help you figure out whether you qualify for an annulment, regardless of your grounds and how long you have been married. 

How Can I Get My Marriage Annulled in Orange County? 

To get your marriage annulled in Orange County, you need to complete the following steps:

  1. Fill out the annulment petition (Form FL-100)
  2. Fill out Form FL-105/GC-120 (Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)) if you and your spouse have a minor child
  3. Fill out forms MC-030 and MC-031 (Declaration)
  4. Have a legal professional review your forms
  5. Fill out any local forms recommended by the legal professional reviewing your forms
  6. Make copies of all forms for you and your spouse. The original forms will be filed with the courthouse. 
  7. Give your forms to the court clerk to file. If you're worried about the cost of your annulment, you can ask for your filing fee to be waived. 
  8. Have someone serve your spouse copies of all the forms you filed (including temporary orders for child custody or other temporary orders)*
  9. File proof with the court that your spouse was served by having the server fill out the Proof of Service of Summons (Form FL-115)
  10. Wait 30 days for your spouse to respond from the date they were served
  11. Schedule a court hearing

*If your spouse is served by mail, make sure you get the Notice and Acknowledgment of Receipt - Family Law form (FL-117), and make sure it is filled out correctly. If your spouse is not served by mail, they can be served by any adult other than yourself, such as a:

  • Family member
  • Friend
  • Sheriff employed by Orange County
  • Private process server

What if I Don’t Know Where My Spouse Is?

If you don't know where your spouse is, you need to make a good-faith attempt to find them. It is strongly recommended that you take copious notes on the steps you take to track down your spouse, because you will need to prove your attempt to find your spouse in court. 

It is possible to get an annulment, even if you can't locate your spouseThat said, you will need to show the judge that you made such efforts to find your spouse as checking federal prison inmate records, contacting local hospitals, reaching out to coworkers, and reaching out to your spouse's friends and family members.

Use DoNotPay to Instantly File for an Orange County Marriage Annulment

Orange County marriage annulment is a complex process. If you didn't go to law school and specialize in family law, you might feel overwhelmed by the process. Luckily, with DoNotPay, you can petition for a marriage annulment in Orange County in just three quick and easy steps. 

  1. Search for Annulment on the DoNotPay website.


  2. Kick off the process to see if your marriage is eligible for an annulment.


  3. Answer some specific questions about your marriage and see if your state law allows for an annulment.


DoNotPay Also Works Across All States

DoNotPay is not exclusive to Orange County. They can also assist with marriage annulments in any of the following states

TexasCaliforniaNew York
IllinoisNorth CarolinaOhio
GeorgiaVirginiaWashington State
ColoradoNew JerseyPennsylvania
South CarolinaMinnesota Alabama
LouisianaNew MexicoArkansas
South DakotaMississippiOklahoma
West VirginiaDelaware

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

DoNotPay is not only about marriage annulment assistance. They may also help with the following issues

Divorce Settlement AgreementInsurance Claims
Stalking and HarassmentSmall Claims Court

That’s just some of it! Visit DoNotPay’s page today to find out how else they could assist you.

Want your issue solved now?