Protect Yourself from Optimum Outcomes Debt Collector Unfair Practices
Approximately 28% of Americans with credit files have had their debts recovered by a 3rd party debt collection agency. Unfortunately, in almost every debt recovery instance, there is always a case of unfair debt recovery practices as reported by the victims.
This is in contravention of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) established in 1977 to protect consumer rights against unethical and unfair debt collection practices.
While there are less than average cases reported against Optimum Outcomes Debt Collector, the agency, like any other debt recovery agency, is prone to unfair collection practices. It is important to look out for any sign of unlicensed practices, even if it is a little as an Optimum Outcomes debt collector calling a minute earlier than 8:00 am.
The debt recovery agency is monitored and regulated by the Federal Trade Commission as well as the FDCPA. Therefore, if you have any complaints, DoNotPay can help you report and ultimately stop from harassing you.
What is Optimum Outcomes Debt Collector?
Optimum Outcomes Debt Collector is an American-based debt collection company founded in 2002. The collector is likely to appear on your credit report as a 'collections' account. Such often happens when you accidentally forget to pay your bills.
In case a 'collection' appears on your credit report, there is a high likelihood that your score is being damaged. Therefore, while Optimum Outcome collects debt on behalf of creditors, it can also be a menace to you.
Here is how to reach or contact the collections agency in case of any query or concern:
|Company||Optimum Outcomes, Inc. (http://www.oorcm.com)|
|Mailing Address||2651 Warrenville Rd Suite 500 Downers Grove, IL 60515-5544|
|Phone Number||(877) 795-9819|
|Email or Contact Form||https://www.oorcm.com/contact-us/|
Is Optimum Outcomes Legitimate?
Yes, Optimum Outcomes is a real, legitimate company started in 2002 claiming to assist its clients in accelerating cash flow and elevating profitability. The company was founded in Illinois and is currently headquartered in Downers Grove.
It is a medium-sized collection agency with positive and negative track records in varying proportions.
Your Rights When Dealing with Optimum Outcomes
As an American overwhelmed with debt, you are protected by the FDCPA and the Federal Trade Commission. However, you still need to know your rights when handling debt collectors, such as an Optimum Outcomes debt collector.
In the US, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act highlights specific practices expected of debt collectors. Below are some of your rights when dealing with Optimum Outcomes.
- Right to not receive any calls past unusual hours
- Right to write a dispute letter to the debt collector within the first few days of initial contact
- Right to request the debt collector to stop calling you. However, this means the debt collector may have to take you to court as an alternative approach to collection
- Right to protection of select personal items such as your stimulus check.
The debt collector is regulated, monitored, and highly limited by the statute of limitations on debt collection, which provides a grace period for the debtor before the collector takes further action to collect. There is a reasonable limit to how long the debt collector should attempt to collect.
How to Stop an Optimum Outcomes Debt Collector Yourself
Dealing and negotiating with ERC debt collection agencies on your own can be challenging. If you receive any communication from the debt collector, ensure you verify the debt details to ensure they are correct. If not, ensure you file a dispute letter promptly.
You may also choose to ignore the collection and wait it out in case the statute of limitations on the debt in your state is about to expire.
After verifying the debt, you may choose to pay the loan, request the collectors to stop calling you, negotiate with them on alternative collection methods such as reaching out to your lawyer, or report them to the relevant authorities.
How to Stop Optimum Outcomes with the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the perfect solution for dealing and negotiating with debt collectors. If you want to stop Optimum Outcomes debt collectors, whether for a personal loan, student loan, house loan, or medical debt collection. DoNotPay has got you covered in a few easy steps:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to the CFPB.
And that’s it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We’ll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the CFPB so that they’re no longer able to use unfair debt collection practices.
Why Use DoNotPay to Stop Optimum Outcomes Debt Collectors
You don’t have to suffer through harassment from Optimum Outcomes debt collectors. DoNotPay is your best choice because we are:
- Fast: We take the shortest time to get your issues with the collector in order
- Easy: DoNotPay keeps track of every step of the process on your behalf
- Successful: DoNotPay ensures the collectors cease any form of unwarranted communication or practices.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Besides fighting debt collectors on your behalf, DoNotPay can also help to:
- Cancel any services or subscriptions
- Draft and send financial aid appeal letters
- Increase your credit limit
- Find missing or unclaimed money
- Help with bills
- Get clean credit reports.
Reach out to DoNotPay to help protect you and your interests from the Optimum Outcomes debt collector today.