The Best Online High School For Gifted Students
If you notice that your gifted child is bored at their current institution or getting into trouble because they are not being challenged enough, it may be time to change their education and choose a school that is geared more towards them and their needs. There are some online high schools that are meant to prepare these students for college and give them innovative ways to stimulate their interests. With the help of DoNotPay, you can discover what these leading schools are so your child gets in the right program for them.
What is an Online High School For a Gifted Student?
Not all traditional high schools offer programs that are truly challenging to their gifted students. Some students really need a different setting that will challenge them and stimulate their interests. Online high schools for gifted students make those students the focus of the program and the curriculum, building around their needs instead of the need to just get a student graduated.
What to Look For in Schools
When you are looking for schools for your student, you need to review the following:
- Align with state standards
Once you make the decision to move to a virtual setting for your student, you want to ensure that they are going to be in the right program for their needs and a program that is recognized at the university level as an adequate program. Choosing the right school can be tedious, but you need to look at all aspects and do some research before you make a decision.
The Best Online High School in the U.S.
There are several high school programs that are available online for students in different states and across the country. With most of them private, they offer varied curriculums, allowing students with all academic needs to get the education they need to graduate and further their education in the future. Below are some of the best online schools:
|Stanford Online High School||7 to 12||$26,570|
|The Davidson Academy||6 to 12||NA|
|Dwight Global Online School||7 to 12||$39,900|
|Mt. Everest Academy||K-12|
|iUnversity Prep||High School||Free|
These programs have been reviewed and given a grade of A+ based on their curriculum, flexibility, and ability to provide all the essentials for their students in a virtual setting.
What is the Best Type of School For a Gifted Child?
When searching out schools for a gifted child, they need to have the following features:
- Challenging Curriculum
- Social Interaction
- Character Development
If you have gifted students, they are often bored with standard curriculums and need something that will inspire them or get them motivated. They also need a school that will allow them to interact with their peers, even if it is online. Finally, being able to work on their personal development through their work and social interactions are critical to making them well-rounded students. All of these different features are essential when looking for a quality online high school.
How to Search For the Best Online High Schools
If you know that you need online high schools, then you need to be able to search for them using the steps below.
- Make a list of what is available in your state for online schools. You may want to search "online high school in (state)" and see what options come up first. Be prepared that there will be some schools populated that are out of state because they match most of the keywords. You want an online school to be in-state per the Department of Education.
- If you do not come up with many or any options, you will need to try a different search of online high schools. Some that are offered in other states may take out-of-state students.
- Once you have your list of the different online school options, you will need to start breaking them down by their ratings and reviews.
- Search each school's gifted programs and honor course offerings. This could take some time, and you may find yourself in front of the computer for hours.
- At this point, you need to start investigating the cost of tuition, if applicable. Some programs may not cost anything but others could. What are the features of the program?
- Look for applications for these programs. These are usually hidden deep within the website, so you could find yourself looking around for quite some time.
- If you put in the application and it is not accepted, then you will need to start this process again.
Next Steps When Your Search Comes Up Empty
If you have spent too much time trying to decide or even determine which schools are right, then it is time to let the experts help. By entering what rankings you prefer, DoNotPay can create a list so that all you have to do is go through that option and make a selection. Below are the few steps that you take with DoNotPay.
Let DoNotPay Assist You With Your Search
If you want to find the best schools in your area but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Best Schools Search product on DoNotPay.
- Let us guide you through the different priorities you can filter by, including whether you're looking for a private school vs. public school, your ideal student-to-teacher ratio, and what grade level you are looking for.
- Tell us how you want us to rank the results (by what's most important to you!) Some examples include, best schools overall, most diverse, best teachers, etc.
- Enter the search area you want to search in for. The wider the area, the more schools we can match you with.
Why Use DoNotPay to Assist You?
If you are looking for a quality search, then you have several reasons to allow DoNotPay to help.
- Precise. Based on your search criteria, DoNotPay will locate all the nearby schools that fit your request.
- Quick. This search can be done in a matter of minutes.
- Easy. You do not even need to pull up your computer, just grab your smartphone and start searching.
DoNotPay can also help you find the best schools for:
DoNotPay means taking out all the heavy lifting, so you can have more time to go through your preferred options.