The Most Detailed Guide to Getting an Oman Tourist Visa
Oman is a country with a long and rich history and stunning culture, which is why it has become one of the most sought-after Middle-East destinations. U.S. citizens who want to embark on an exciting adventure in this country must get appropriate approval for visiting it.
Is an Oman tourist visa necessary? If yes, when do you have to obtain it, and how can you do it? Did the COVID-19 pandemic bring significant changes related to entry requirements? Let our guide answer all these and many more questions for you!
Yes, you do. Having a valid tourist visa is a requirement for visiting Oman if you are a U.S. citizen. Depending on your needs, you can apply for:
- Single-entry visa, which allows you to stay in Oman for up to 30 days
- Multiple-entry visa, which lasts for a year and allows you to stay for up to 30 days per entry
Even though travelers could get a tourist visa on arrival in Oman before, this option has been suspended. The only way to obtain a valid visa is to request it before your trip. If you get caught without this type of authorization or if it has expired, you may face serious penalties, such as fees and even imprisonment.
Here’s what you need to submit an application for an Oman tourist visa:
- Valid U.S. passport with remaining validity of at least six months after your trip and one blank page for entry and exit stamps
- Digital passport-like picture taken within the past six months
- Valid email address to receive an e-visa once it’s approved
- Appropriate payment form—credit or debit cards, for example
- Proof of adequate funds—You should also declare amounts over $20,000 when entering and exiting the country
- Onward or return flight ticket to Oman
The only official way to request a tourist visa for Oman is to file an online application on the Royal Oman Police eVisa website. Before initiating the process, you must create an account on this portal to access your e-Visa form.
Here is what you should do:
- Navigate to the Royal Oman Police eVisa web page
- Click on Login and select Tourist
- Enter your password and email address and sign in
- Choose Apply for Visa and select the desired type
- Pick The United States from the drop-down menu
- Select Request Visa Here once you see a preview of the chosen visa type
- Complete the required fields with:
- Passport details
- Additional personal details
- Requested documents in PDF form
- Payment details
- Review the information provided and submit the application
- Print out the receipt
Once your application is received by the Royal Oman Police, you will get an email with your case reference number. Even though your details should be processed quickly—sometimes even within minutes—it’s best to start the procedure at least four days before your trip.
Considering an increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases, the Royal Oman Police doesn’t accept new tourist visa applications at the moment. Entering the country is possible only if you are already a valid visa holder. The authorities keep renewing the regulations with each passing day, which means the current restrictions are likely to change. You should follow the newest updates on the website.
All the travelers visiting Oman under these circumstances must:
- Have a negative COVID-19 PCR test when entering the county—it mustn’t be older than three days
- Repeat a PCR test seven days after arriving in Oman
- Quarantine for at least seven days upon arriving in Oman
- Pay all test fees themselves
- Download the Tarrasud + app and wear Tarrasud + bracelets during the entire stay in the country
- Abide by the local curfew from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Have you tried to find the relevant instructions for getting your tourist visa but come across contradictory information each time? This often happens due to multiple unreliable sources on the internet. Using DoNotPay will spare you the trouble and lead you in the right direction, resulting in a successful visa application!
Here’s what we need you to do:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account
- Pick the Tourist Visa Guide feature
- Verify your U.S. citizenship or U.S. passport ownership
- Specify the country you want to go to
The first thing we do is see whether you are required to get a tourist visa for the country in question. If you are, we will:
- List the requested documents so that you can check if you have all you need
- Get in touch with the embassy in your name and see if they approve email applications
- Send you the necessary application form
Subscribe to DoNotPay and let us assist you in getting tourist visas for many other countries! If you like Oman, we will be happy to simplify tourist visa applications for other destinations in the same area, including:
|United Arab Emirates||Syria||Jordan|
A wide range of handy features DoNotPay offers can assist you in resolving administrative issues without breaking a sweat! Our app provides the easiest way to:
- Appeal parking tickets in any U.S. state
- Submit a property tax assessment appeal
- File a FOIA request
- Have your documents notarized from the comfort of your home
- Draft a child travel consent form with minimum effort
- Compose power of attorney documents
- Submit anonymous HR complaints
- File financial aid appeals
Shopping is fun, but retailing companies can sometimes be difficult to negotiate with, especially when things go wrong. With DoNotPay, you can reach their customer service without spending hours on hold and get a refund fuss-free! Should the merchant refuse to collaborate, we can help you get justice by suing them in small claims court.
If you want to check whether you have any unclaimed money in old bank accounts, using DoNotPay is the easiest way to do it!