Oklahoma Offers Extra Veterans Benefits
In addition to the federal veterans’ benefits you may qualify for, if you are an Oklahoma resident or joined the military while you lived in Oklahoma, you might be eligible for Oklahoma veterans benefits.
If you recently completed your military service, you might be looking for a new career. Oklahoma offers preferred employment status to veterans and operates job training sites tailored toward veterans. Or maybe you're retired and looking to just relax: Oklahoma offers free admission to state parks and museums to honorably discharged veterans or discounts or free hunting and fishing licenses.
However, wending your way through the maze of services available for veterans can be time-consuming and confusing, but DoNotPay makes it a breeze to access the wide variety of Oklahoma veterans benefits.
Benefits for Veterans in Oklahoma
Oklahoma recognizes the service of our nation's veterans through a number of unique benefits, many of which play right to your pocketbook. After all, recognition is nice, but benefits that boost your income or shave from your budget are the best benefits. Oklahoma Veterans Benefits include, but are not limited to:
|Employment Preference||Oklahoma has established a system that gives preference to veterans in many fields of state employment:
|Tax Exemptions||Veterans are exempt from certain taxes in Oklahoma:
|Park and Museum Admission||All honorably discharged veterans receive free admission to state parks and museums.|
|Hunting and Fishing Licenses||Veterans with at least a 60 percent disability can receive free hunting and fishing licenses from the state of Oklahoma. Veterans with no disability or less than 60 percent can apply for a lifetime combined hunting and fishing license for only $200. Those with 60 percent or more disability can see the lifetime permit for $25, avoiding the annual renewal process.|
|Oklahoma Cross of Valor||Veterans who served in any periods of conflict and were held captive can receive the Oklahoma Cross of Valor.|
|License Plates||Oklahoma offers a variety of special license plates for veterans.|
How to Apply for Oklahoma Veterans Benefits
To apply for Oklahoma veterans benefits, you have the option of going through two routes:
- Apply online: Oklahoma offers an online process to apply for benefits. The portal offers an intro where you can select the various benefits you would like to apply for, then the system will lead you through the application process
- Apply in-person: You can apply for benefits through the Oklahoma Department of Veteran Affairs, which has offices in Oklahoma City and Muskogee.
If you are seeking to apply for multiple Oklahoma veterans benefits, the website likely will require you to provide the same information multiple times and possibly upload the same documents multiple times. Applying in person also likely will require waits and possibly multiple appointments.
Access Your Oklahoma Veterans Benefits With the Help of DoNotPay
If you have served in the military, you understand the kind of red tape you must swim through to accomplish almost anything. That's why you will consider it almost a godsend that you can access all of your Oklahoma veterans benefit through one easy portal in DoNotPay.
Follow these simple three steps to set up your Oklahoma veterans benefits package:
- Search for and open the Military Protection product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether you want to 1) locate the nearest VA office, 2) access veteran benefits, or 3) locate service records.
- Answer a simple set of questions so our chatbot can collect the necessary information to help you and find the nearest office or fill out the appropriate forms.
Why Use DoNotPay to Secure Your Oklahoma Veterans Benefits
You can save yourself a trip to the Veterans Affairs offices in Oklahoma City or Muskogee and avoid taking several passes through the online enrollment form by using DoNotPay to apply for your hard-earned Oklahoma veterans benefits. Why take advantage of DoNotPay?
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours applying for each benefit.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in applying for separate benefits.
- Successful—You can rest assured your applications will be made quickly and with the appropriate paperwork.
DoNotPay Lets You Access All Your Veterans Benefits in One Location
DoNotPay isn't limited to helping you obtain all the state benefits you have earned as a veteran of the Armed Forces. Once you've lined up your Oklahoma veterans benefits, use DoNotPay to access these benefits:
- Death benefits
- Health insurance
- Assisted living
- Home loans
- Disabled veterans
- Burial benefits
- Education benefits for you or your family